Author Topic: Is this game's name Soccer Superstars?  (Read 479 times)

jjfly

Is this game's name Soccer Superstars?
« on: April 25, 2017, 07:10:26 pm »
https://vgcollect.com/item/123687

This game's spine says Soccer Superstars (and it's even upside down) but read me file calls it International Soccer (I don't have old computer which I could install this to see what it's called in game).
On front cover it's called both and to make matter worse on cd there is additional subtitle EM96. So what should this release be called in database?

Secondly was I right when I marked this as unofficial release since the cd is half full CD-R and Euro Power Pack is a little bit dodgy company?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 07:16:48 pm by jjfly »

tripredacus

Re: Is this game's name Soccer Superstars?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 10:19:28 am »
Should be Soccer Superstars: International Soccer.
You can put in description what the spines say and what the readme says.
Also should be official release if the barcode is legit. It isn't to say that the disc you got in yours is the correct one.

Re: Is this game's name Soccer Superstars?
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 11:34:11 am »
The thing with PC is that there's really no such thing as official or unofficial. Tomorrow if I wanted to box 1000 copies of a game I made and sell it on a personal website, I could. You don't need a publisher or have to go through any governing body to put a game on PC "officially." -At least that's the case in America. I know in some European countries (Germany) in order to be put on a physical retailer shelf you are legally required to get rated, otherwise you can only do web or mail order.

Personally I think as long as they have a barcode it can be official. At least they went through the trouble of getting one for a retail release.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 02:44:43 pm by badATchaos »