Author Topic: Special Reserve Games  (Read 5964 times)

Special Reserve Games
« on: April 28, 2017, 01:10:15 pm »
Special Reserve Games has changed their methods of release.  They claim to no longer do pre-orders of games, that games will only be sold once they are ready.  (No clarification if that means that the games are ready to ship or ready to print.)  All games will come with at least Day One patches included on the disc.

Ruiner [Cancelled]

Absolver [Available October 25th] $34.99 + S/H
https://specialreservegames.com/current-batch-absolver/

3,250 copies made for PS4.  3250 copies for PC.  Special edition comes with wearable mask with display case.

Shadow Warrior 2 [Limited Availability]  $39.99 + S/H
https://specialreservegames.com/past-reserves-shadow-warrior-2/

2,500 copies made of PS4 version.  Comes with Shadow Warrior 2 and Shadow Warrior on seperate discs.  Steam keys for Shadow Warrior 1 and 2.  Kanji of Empowerment.

Strafe [Limited Availability] $24.99 + S/H
https://specialreservegames.com/past-reserves-strafe/

1,000 copies made of PC version.  2,000 copies made of PS4 version.

Prices listed here are for the cheapest PS4 version
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 03:24:44 pm by ignition365 »

telly

Re: Strafe Physical PS4
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 01:14:35 pm »
The site looks like LRG version 2?
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 01:23:03 pm »
Appears to be a subsidiary of Devolver Games.

hexen

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 01:41:20 pm »
I really like collector's editions that come with all those superfluous floppy disks and cassette tapes, and I probably would give it a try if it came with some physical representation of the game in the PC version. If I had a PS4 I'd probably get the bundle, but I don't. It just happened to fail both checks for me. Interesting game concept though, don't think I've seen any old style FPS games in awhile.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 03:05:36 pm »
Looks pretty cool. Just waiting to get my account confirmation email.

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 03:09:03 pm »
I've been pretty interested in this game for quite some time, so seeing that it's getting a nifty collector's edition and a PS4 release, I ordered a bundle and an extra PS4 copy.  So I'm gonna have a few extra steam keys to share with family.

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 11:07:29 am »
I pre-ordered the PS4 version.

Thanks for the information, dude.

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2017, 03:37:58 pm »
I preordered as well, and I believe it should be shipping out today (May 22).  Looks like they are sold out now.

I'm sure we all know Limited Run will be making this game available but I'm glad to have it from Special Reserve as I wanted to give them support too.  They have Shadow Warrior 2 coming up next for PS4.  I guess I should hurry and finally finish the first!

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2017, 04:01:10 pm »
I've heard mixed reviews. I just hope it's fun!

Re: Special Reserve Games
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 08:00:04 am »
Post updated.

Shadow Warrior 2 available for pre-order.  Sounds like the game may go retail at a later date, but won't come with Shadow Warrior 1, steam keys, or Kanji of Empowerment.

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2017, 10:34:46 am »
I'm going to wait on a retail version of the game or LRG.

I have SW1 on PS4 and cannot afford another LE.

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2017, 10:41:38 am »

SW2 will definitely have a LRG release later this summer.

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2017, 10:48:28 am »

With RoR this Friday, Broken Age on the 9th (I hope I can get because I'll be out of town with little cell service . . . ), Alchemic Jousts via Play Asia, Silver Case LE and Cladun Returns LE from NIS, I don't need to go after this. I'm still waiting on a few Play Asia packages and Strafe from SRG. I have the standrad release of SW1 on PS4 and it's still sealed. (I beat the game on Steam . . . ) I'm good waiting on a cheap standard or the LRG version. There's just so much coming at us these day.

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2017, 10:55:13 am »

With RoR this Friday, Broken Age on the 9th (I hope I can get because I'll be out of town with little cell service . . . ), Alchemic Jousts via Play Asia, Silver Case LE and Cladun Returns LE from NIS, I don't need to go after this. I'm still waiting on a few Play Asia packages and Strafe from SRG. I have the standrad release of SW1 on PS4 and it's still sealed. (I beat the game on Steam . . . ) I'm good waiting on a cheap standard or the LRG version. There's just so much coming at us these day.
They haven't said for certain, but the LRG release will either be the same price as the SRG release or more so that money can be made.

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2017, 11:12:48 pm »
I got Strafe today. It's fun but choppy. I'm still unsure of my final opinion, but it needs more work.