Author Topic: Have you licked a Nintendo Switch cartridge yet?  (Read 1065 times)

Have you licked a Nintendo Switch cartridge yet?
« on: May 07, 2017, 08:58:42 am »
Ever since the Switch has come out it has been such a huge viral craze on YouTube and on other social media to lick the Nintendo switch cartridges. :D.  Supposidly nintendo has laced them with some vile chemical that makes them taste like death so that infants and toddlers would be repulsed and not swallow them.  It's the first time this has ever been done in gaming to my knowledge and its full of intrigue and curiosity.   Their are so many questions to be answered.  :)       

I wonder if Nintendo knew it would be viral because humans like subjecting themselves to discomfort to relate with their peers or to fulfill a curiosity they have especially on the internet. Similar to the cinnamon challenge or the sour candy challenges.  I wonder if Nintendo was so advanced that they predicted it and made the hype around the taste themselves for added publicity.   It's so innovative to add the chemical in contrast to the amount of exposure it's giving.   Some people are even buying the games just to lick them. :)

Has anyone on here fallen victim to the overall complex curiosity of the human mind to see what the cartridge really tastes like? Did you ever contemplate trying one?  :)

I tried fighting against the urge for so long, but the curiosity became too much to overcome. I had to experience what everyone else was.  I fell to peer pressure.  I just couldn't help but wonder what it was like.  So i licked my breath of the wild cart.   The flavor eruption was almost immediate.  And it stunned me.  It's so strong and it's very long lasting.   I actually really like the flavor.  It tastes like nothing you will ever taste in this realm. It is so complex and unique. :).  It tastes sort of like a extract of something bitter but it has fruity undertones, it tastes of chemicals and death but the light that shines on the other side of death as well.  It tastes invigorating and new.  The taste buds have never even fathomed such a taste. :)

Also,  with BOTW being the most licked game in history and being slobbered on by the masses do you think this hurts your chances of buying pre owned nintendo switch games especially BOTW or earlier releases from gamestop or on ebay knowing they may have been licked by the previous owner?  :)

« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 09:04:08 am by marvelvscapcom2 »

Flashback2012

Re: Have you licked a Nintendo Switch cartridge yet?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 10:09:44 am »
You've got far too much free-time on your hands young man.  :P  ;)

I need to figure out what concoction it is that you're inhaling so that I too can claim that the Snozberries taste like Snozberries.  :o

aliensstudios

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 03:52:04 pm »
Good grief, I can just see you sitting there with a glass of wine, a platter of crackers and some Nintendo Switch game paks wearing a monocle and tasting them and using any number of adjectives to describe the flavors.

But to answer the question, no I've never tasted a Switch game and don't think I will. Haha.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 08:50:59 pm »
Yeah, the day or day after I got the Switch and Zelda I was playing it and suddenly thought, "I haven't seen what the cartridge tastes like yet!", so I tried it :P

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 12:43:21 am »
It tastes like chemicals and has a weird after taste. Actually tried this as soon as I opened Breath of the Wild.

azure

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 12:48:46 am »
Waiting to get a Switch later on. So no.... not yet.

rayne315

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 10:52:47 am »
I have accidentally. I was playing a few games at lunch while at work and I swapped a cartridge and since I was eating I put my fingers into my mouth and it tasted like poop. I first thought what I was eating had gone bad and threw it away before reading online that the switch games were laced with a bittering agent.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2017, 12:36:49 pm »
I have accidentally. I was playing a few games at lunch while at work and I swapped a cartridge and since I was eating I put my fingers into my mouth and it tasted like poop. I first thought what I was eating had gone bad and threw it away before reading online that the switch games were laced with a bittering agent.

Whoa, weird that it had a lingering effect like that. My bf def tried the switch cart tasting. He said it wasn't as bad as he expected, but it was pretty gross.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

doafan

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2017, 03:59:31 pm »
Even when honestly would love to say that this topic is by far your worst thread ever have to admit that saw before some Memes and some Gifs about this weird tendency of licking the cartridges, most of them with the latest Zelda game, dunno why the hell and don't have any interest in knowing why the people is doing this but if they want to lick something they should asked me first  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy