Author Topic: Other "systems"  (Read 2462 times)

soera

Other "systems"
« on: March 21, 2012, 02:13:20 pm »
What do you guys think about other systems that arent among the well known? I have a hyper scan I bought for my son (He's 3 and loves Marvel stuff) and am wondering if that kind of stuff is wanted on the list as well.

killerchameleon

Re: Other "systems"
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 08:47:53 am »
I think any thing that is considered as a dedicated video gaming machine, not a learning or teaching device that has games and not toys that interact with video or stuff like that.  The sole purpose of the device is to play video games.  Now I’m not saying it has to have the ability to change out it media for other games it can be a stand alone system it just should be for the intent purpose of playing video games.  That's just what I think.

scott

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 09:42:43 am »
I agree with killerchameleon. Anything that is/was a dedicated video game system is fair game. Learning toys like leapster, I never considered them to be video game consoles.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 09:50:45 am »
Cool deal. As far as I know, the hyper scan has 5 games. Xmen, Marvel, Interstellar wrestling league, Ben 10, and Spider-man. The only issue I could see is if we allowed the cards to be added too. I know there are 57 cards just for the Xmen game alone.

scott

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 10:02:56 am »
We're allowing the skylanders figs to be added...

soera

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 11:18:35 am »
Sweet, time to fluff my collection :P

jcalder8

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 11:33:27 am »
For me I would list it under a generic category rather than as its own system. If its primary design wad to play a game then why not list it.

killerchameleon

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 02:32:56 am »
I've looked at the Hyper scan and I would consider that a video game system and would add it to the database.  I don’t' think I would list every card maybe list the games and have a sub category where you could check off the cards you have for that particular game on the system.  The same with Skylander, list the game and list all the figures that go with it to check off.  That way people aren’t over fluffing there collection just to up there count.  Some people care about the count, badges and all that stuff.  Not me, I just like the community that has congregated here and like to see what everyone’s talking about.

amauriel

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 04:45:03 am »
I've looked at the Hyper scan and I would consider that a video game system and would add it to the database.  I don’t' think I would list every card maybe list the games and have a sub category where you could check off the cards you have for that particular game on the system.  The same with Skylander, list the game and list all the figures that go with it to check off.  That way people aren’t over fluffing there collection just to up there count.  Some people care about the count, badges and all that stuff.  Not me, I just like the community that has congregated here and like to see what everyone’s talking about.

That's my sentiments exactly...I still haven't even added all my DS games, let alone anything made by Sega, Sony, Microsoft, Atari, etc. (Hopefully rectified soon as I have some actual free time coming up.) I don't care about the badges and numbers, I'm mostly just really enjoying the community here.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

scott

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 08:58:37 am »
I don't care about the badges

>:(

I'm mostly just really enjoying the community here.

;D

Sometimes I wish I knew code, so I could help matt solve all the coding issues that pop up. Sadly, it's all on him though. Instead I get to deal with all you people on a daily basis.  ;)

jcalder8

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 09:16:11 am »
Instead I get to deal with all you people on a daily basis.  ;)
Ouch that's harsh...... ohhhh wait you meant it as a good thing.

scott

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 09:57:56 am »

Or did I? Dun dun duh

soera

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 11:03:20 am »
Well, I added the system. I didnt do the games yet ... and I dont think Ill add cards. Could be a note added with the game on how many cards/which ones you have imo.

jcalder8

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2012, 11:40:11 pm »

Or did I? Dun dun duh
Are you saving the truth for the 10 year anniversary?

scott

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2012, 11:42:39 pm »

Or did I? Dun dun duh
Are you saving the truth for the 10 year anniversary?

8)