Author Topic: I'm new here, just joined a few days ago.  (Read 2252 times)

I'm new here, just joined a few days ago.
« on: May 20, 2017, 11:19:37 pm »
Hey, guys, I'm Megasan and I'm new here. I just found this site a few days ago. Once I found it I got all excited to join. I spent the first few days adding in all my games to my list. I'm working on adding in all of my swag. Even though this is my second post and I don't know why I didn't think about making this post first before the other. I'm a huge retro fan. I collect video game stuff for all consoles and systems from new to old and PC. However, i actively seek and collect for the PC, NES, SNES, PS1, and PS2. I will pick up stuff for all other consoles but I just don't go out of my way like I do for those. I also try to collect Japanese versions of games too if I can find them. My SNES is small right now but it's mostly filled with Japanese games. I do have a "modded" SNES Jr that I play them on. I also do youtube but a lot of my stuff right now is overwatch or vlogs but overall i do mostly gaming stuff on there. I do from time to time talk about certain games on my youtube. Like my last game, i talked about was the 20th year anniversary of Castlevania sotn. which happens to be my most played single player game of all time. So i think thats enough about me for now. I'm looking forward to interesting with everyone on this site.

shepard11

Re: I'm new here, just joined a few days ago.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 11:55:37 pm »
Welcome to the forum. I joined over a year ago and have never regretted my decision. Pretty cool place. Good group of collectors and gamers.

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 03:57:03 am »
Welcome to the forum. I joined over a year ago and have never regretted my decision. Pretty cool place. Good group of collectors and gamers.

Thanks! glad to be here! sounds like this might be the right kind of place for myself. Well im looking forward to talking with other fellow collectors.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 10:35:32 am »
Welcome hope you enjoy the sight I found it a great place to gather info on my game collecting.

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 02:42:53 pm »
Welcome hope you enjoy the sight I found it a great place to gather info on my game collecting.

Thanks! i am already enjoying the site greatly so far. within the first few days, i already learned some new things i didn't even know or realized. Like 3 screw, and 5 screw version of games like Castlevania for the NES, and the two different Nintendo labels. I never really thought too much about the Nintendo labels until now. So I'm looking forward to finding out more as I keep using this site.

retrew

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 05:02:05 pm »
I'm also going through all my games checking they have manuals etc then adding them to my VGcollection. It's taking me ages. :D

Large helpings of retro Sega and a pinch of SNK

kashell

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 08:17:01 am »
Welcome to the fun! Enjoy your time here.

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2017, 09:54:01 am »
Welcome! This is a wonderful place to be.

aliensstudios

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2017, 12:07:08 pm »
I love this site. Not only from a collector but I also love contributing edits and new items, plus almost everyone on the forums posts high quality submissions and there is a ton of entertaining things to do. Plus the mods respond quickly and are willing to help/clarify all the time.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2017, 02:58:09 pm »
Thank you, everyone, for all the welcomes! I am looking forward to interacting more on this site as time goes on.

I love this site. Not only from a collector but I also love contributing edits and new items, plus almost everyone on the forums posts high quality submissions and there is a ton of entertaining things to do. Plus the mods respond quickly and are willing to help/clarify all the time.

That's awesome. Yeah, I have contributed at least 125 things to the database. A lot of steam games that wasn't in list and some gaming swag. I know I enjoy doing game reviews from time to time. I need to get back to working on my youtube channel again.

jason

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2017, 01:27:44 am »
Welcome to VGCollect, Megasan! :-)

indenton

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2017, 11:56:39 am »
hmmm, trying to think of something insightful to say... uuuuuuuuuuurrrhhhhhhh

A humble selection of us are based in Europe, I'm from the UK myself.  A bunch of people on the VGCollect import games from all over so chances are you'll find someone on this site who will be able to give you some more info in your curious. 

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2017, 02:16:23 am »
Thank you, everyone, for the welcomes! i am really enjoying the site the more i log onto it and look around. i think i found another home :D

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2017, 10:23:31 am »
Awesome. I call this place a home away from home as well.