Author Topic: June 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 7135 times)

It's JUNE!!!!!

Post your gets.

Re: June 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 10:33:36 am »
I found a Coral Pink DS Lite today from savers for 7.99 :D.  It works great and even had the flap where the GBA games go. I also got a few Xbox one games i have been wanting to try since they dropped a bit in price  :)

Xbox One
Dishonored Definitive Edition
Far Cry 4
Dying light.

:) 

I also ordered Star Fox Zero for Wii U today :D
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 10:42:56 am by marvelvscapcom2 »

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 11:29:11 am »
Well, I paid off the following from NIS American today:

Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy Limited Edition (PS Vita) . . . GOD WARS FUTURE PAST LIMITED EDITION (PS4/VITA) . . . The Silver Case Limited Edition (PS4) . . . CLADUN RETURNS: THIS IS SENGOKU! LIMITED EDITION (PS4)

aliensstudios

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 01:09:10 pm »
Found a Super NES - Donkey Kong Set cib at a garage sale, I already have two working SNES consoles so I just bought the box and styrofoam off of them for $10 since someone else was bound to want the system, now I can say I have a boxed SNES :)
Also picked up a few SNES games: Super Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, Tecmo Super Baseball and Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure (now the third version I have haha)
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

azure

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 02:02:26 pm »

After a bit of a dry spell locally I found a pretty nice haul. Finally located a Robin amiibo at a Gamestop sorta out of the way, and also finally found Zoids Assault. I'd been looking for a little over a year I think.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 02:45:28 pm »

After a bit of a dry spell locally I found a pretty nice haul. Finally located a Robin amiibo at a Gamestop sorta out of the way, and also finally found Zoids Assault. I'd been looking for a little over a year I think.

Nice find on Bomberman!   I need one.

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 02:57:25 pm »
Definitely jelly of that Second Attack, you better not tell me you found it for $4 or something.

azure

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2017, 03:20:57 pm »
Not quite, it does have a story though. :P I found it at a pawn shop, and it didn't have a price. So I ask the guy how much he is wanting for it, and he hits me with the always fun "I'll have to check it on the internet." So at this point I'm just like oh well, he comes back and says 16$. I wasn't going to question it so I just said ok, paid and left. I was fairly certain it wasn't a repro from just looking at the label and it had a rental sticker on the back so I took the chance. I checked the board when I got home and sure enough it is legit. I go and check the sold listings on Ebay and the whole first page is just repro carts that had sold for around 16~18$. My guess is he went off that, so I was just at the right place at the right time.

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2017, 03:22:52 pm »
Not quite, it does have a story though. :P I found it at a pawn shop, and it didn't have a price. So I ask the guy how much he is wanting for it, and he hits me with the always fun "I'll have to check it on the internet." So at this point I'm just like oh well, he comes back and says 16$. I wasn't going to question it so I just said ok, paid and left. I was fairly certain it wasn't a repro from just looking at the label and it had a rental sticker on the back so I took the chance. I checked the board when I got home and sure enough it is legit. I go and check the sold listings on Ebay and the whole first page is just repro carts that had sold for around 16~18$. My guess is he went off that, so I was just at the right place at the right time.
That's still dope.

Also, still jelly.

telly

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2017, 10:59:23 am »
Went to the Salvation Army and picked up a couple Xbox games.

Top Spin
Sega GT 2002 / JSRF
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 12:58:30 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2017, 11:40:33 am »
Usually I don't post in these threads, but I wanted to make an exception due to acquiring a game I've wanted for years. Technically, I got this in May but eh...details.

I was visiting MrNikon in Chicago over Memorial Day weekend. He was going to show me around some of the more non-touristy areas of Chicago, so we agreed to meet near one of his favorite game stores. I got there ahead of him so I putzed around some other stores for a bit. I stopped into a clothing store that some really awesome stuff. So I picked up some fierce shoes and an adorable pair of shorts.

Eventually, MrNikon and I met at the game store (great place, btw) and began some perusing. One of the first things I saw was the game I wanted. So, the two of us left the game store and returned to the clothing store. I returned everything. I told the clerk, "Sorry, I saw a video game I really wanted so I have to return all of this stuff. But, I'll take some of this chapstick because I really like your store." Amusingly, the clerk understood.

We shoomed back to the game store and, eventually, I walked out with a gorgeous (CIB) copy of Burning Rangers for the Sega Saturn. It's been tested and works like a charm. I'm really stoked because I wanted this game for quite some time, plus I was able to buy it while hanging out with one of my favorite folks in the world. Solidarity.

It was a great weekend in Chicago and now I have an amazing souvenir to remember it.

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2017, 04:07:37 pm »
Too lazy to post a pic, but I found Clock Tower on the PS1 for only $35 last night. Some video game store slippage there.

sworddude

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2017, 04:30:50 pm »

I'm curious everyone always talks about opening a cart to check if one is legit.

What if you find a minty card and the board is legit but the label replaced with a fake because the old lable one was in bad condition.

I mean if it really is that hard to spot if a cart is fake from the outside It's a pretty easy way to increase the value of an expensive game in bad condition.

Anyone?
Your Stylish Sword Master!

spac316

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2017, 07:07:31 pm »
Got ExciteBots and Broken Sword for Wii today!

maximo310

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2017, 04:31:21 pm »
Had a few interesting finds in the last week:
Goodwill:
Skate 3 (CIB, X360)-$3
Prototype 2 CE ( CIB, PS3 ,sealed!) -$5

Gamestop:
My Horse & Me- Riding for Gold ( Wii, CIB)- free ( said they lost the game disc, but didnt release they stuck it behind the manual in the first place owo)
101 in 1 Party Megamix ( Wii, CIB) -$4.49
Mario Superstar Baseball ( GC, CIB) -$14.39
Maximum Racing: Super Truck Racer ( Wii, CIB) -$9 ( used $5 off coupon)
Song of the Deep CE (PC, CIB, sealed!)- $5.97