Author Topic: What console do you think has the most consistent library?  (Read 4756 times)

What console do you think has the most consistent library?
« on: August 08, 2017, 11:08:35 pm »
Which video game console do you think has the highest ratio of good games to bad games?  Which library has the greatest margain of good games to you?  :D.

I love PS2 and NES libraries best in total but those consoles had a very large selection of awful games.

For me I think Wii U has the best margain of good games. :D

With Wii U i think most of its library is amazing aside from around 10-15 bad games out of the 150+.   It was always consistent with it's releases to me :).   

stealthrush

Re: What console do you think has the most consistent library?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 11:34:38 pm »
Sega Dreamcast first comes to mind. Had plenty of above average software.

telly

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 12:05:56 am »
I would agree with the Dreamcast having the most consistently good library, for sure.

Look, I like the Wii U, but I strongly disagree about  it having a consistent library. Once you get past the 25 or so good games from Nintendo, the quality completely drops off like a cliff into nothing but shovelware, movie tie ins, and rereleased PS3/Xbox 360 games. There are barely any exclusive worthwhile third party games on the console either.
Currently Playing:
Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch), Super Paper Mario (Wii)

My music collection | My Backloggery

dreama1

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 03:35:26 am »
I would agree with the Dreamcast having the most consistently good library, for sure.

Look, I like the Wii U, but I strongly disagree about  it having a consistent library. Once you get past the 25 or so good games from Nintendo, the quality completely drops off like a cliff into nothing but shovelware, movie tie ins, and rereleased PS3/Xbox 360 games. There are barely any exclusive worthwhile third party games on the console either.
what do you expect? There's barely over a 100 wii u games.

kashell

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 08:15:43 am »
I'll give this one to the Dreamcast, too. As much as I love the PS2 and the Saturn, both consoles have some real stinkers.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 09:06:33 am »
For me, it's either DreamCast or WiiU.  In my opinion, both systems were ahead of their time.  Both have small libraries and some real stellar games.  Both have some stinkers mixed in; but on the whole, both are very good.

soera

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 10:30:58 am »
Id have to say the original playstation. It has a library of over 1000 games and so many of them are star titles.

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2017, 10:38:44 am »
Dreamcast hands down.

I own over half the library and with only a handful of exceptions, there isn't one bad game in the lot. I could probably near the 200 game mark before I ran out of decent games as well.

rayne315

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2017, 10:45:44 am »
even though I have never played one I would have to say the Neo Geo AES. this is simply because back when It released it was the go to console for arcade ports with the best ports possible. even though it is not talked about much I have yet to hear of anyone who thought the games were bad. of course I may be wrong because I have never played the thing.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2017, 12:35:14 pm »
Neo Geo AES.

Being that it's 95% 1st-party titles, most of the titles are good.

doafan

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2017, 12:55:47 pm »
Dreamcast of course mainly because the system was ahead of it's time.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

ferraroso

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2017, 06:56:22 pm »
I would say that this title belongs to the Neo Geo AES.
But due to the overall inaccessibility and lack of variety in its library, I will need to vote for the almighty Dreamcast!

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2017, 10:13:23 pm »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:39:37 pm by jce3000gt »

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2017, 11:08:48 pm »
I guess I'll go in on the N64, at least back in the day. This wasn't so much because it had loads of good games as much as it was that it was missing a lot of the bad ones. If companies were going to put the time and money into an N64 title they would typically at least try to make it good. Course it was early 3D gaming so those attempts wouldn't always succeed but I'd say the system definitely had comparitively more wheat and less chaff than the PS1 did.

Agozer

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2017, 08:03:15 am »
Out of everything released for a given system, I'd have to say Neo-Geo AES.

Outside of that, the PlayStation 4. I would have said the original PlayStation if not for the fact being a PAL gamer with a PlayStation in the 90's wasn't that great. The fact that our ports were always inferior in some way didn't help either. The games we did get weren't bad, we were just not given some of the very best ones.

Anyway, all video game consoles throughout history have had (and still have) poor/bad games.