Author Topic: October 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 11872 times)

Flashback2012

Re: October 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2017, 04:10:33 pm »
I'm thankful that I don't collect anything too old, but it's getting tougher and tougher for me to find CIB GBA games nowadays  :'(

And if you do find them, you run the risk of them possibly being bootlegs.  :(

sworddude

« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2017, 04:18:49 pm »
I paid $60 for my 9.5/10 box/manual and maps for NES Dragon Warrior IV.

Wow! I've been wanting to get into the CIB world, but entry is so steep!

I'm thankful that I don't collect anything too old, but it's getting tougher and tougher for me to find CIB GBA games nowadays  :'(

I would still recommend at least playing them other 16 bit console games on an emulator else your missing out on quite allot.

While the GBA is great it is an inferior 16 bit console in terms of grapics, zoomed in screens of it being a handheld but especially sound. In my believe i donĀ“t think that gba prices will go up allot thanks to these gameplay issues since people are picky what they want to play and the GBA is not the number one option for 2D 16 bit games. Over the years I have played less and less GBA games since other consoles are so much more superior with their 2D games.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 04:35:59 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2017, 04:20:28 pm »

Bootlegs are another reason why I don't really go the CIB route. There are too many variables involved for the cash involved.

sworddude

« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2017, 04:22:46 pm »

Bootlegs are another reason why I don't really go the CIB route. There are too many variables involved for the cash involved.

For GBA cib games are actually a thing that will decrease the chance of bootleg games by allot.

While there are bootleg boxes they are easy to spot and the quality is lacking allot. It is way to much effort to track down an original box and manual just to put a fake cart inside.

Even with nes and snes there are hardly any high quality fake boxes out there very few and usually they are very easy to spot also the proffesional ones.

« Reply #94 on: October 25, 2017, 04:53:36 pm »

For GBA cib games are actually a thing that will decrease the chance of bootleg games by allot.

While there are bootleg boxes they are easy to spot and the quality is lacking allot. It is way to much effort to track down an original box and manual just to put a fake cart inside.

Even with nes and snes there are hardly any high quality fake boxes out there very few and usually they are very easy to spot also the proffesional ones.

You make some very valid points. I guess bootleggers are willing to put more effort into their product if they know the return is worth it. Makes perfect sense.

desocietas

« Reply #95 on: October 25, 2017, 08:56:24 pm »

Exactly! It makes me sad :( I'm ok with paying a little more for a legit copy of the game, but I hate having to sift through eBay items, looking for good pics to determine if something is a bootleg or not.

Do people just take the risk and then ask the seller for a refund if they determine it's a fake?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

sworddude

« Reply #96 on: October 26, 2017, 05:43:27 am »

Exactly! It makes me sad :( I'm ok with paying a little more for a legit copy of the game, but I hate having to sift through eBay items, looking for good pics to determine if something is a bootleg or not.

Do people just take the risk and then ask the seller for a refund if they determine it's a fake?

Could you show me a cib listing that you might think have fake boxes and manuals?

GBA games even cib are way to cheap to also have high quality repro boxes and especially manuals it's only done for very expensive games the GBA has none of that and the few that are are to unknown and not worth enough for the full course.

GBa carts only on the other hand are very cheap to produce and people buy them allot faster since the prices are low, CIB and cart only are a different market but as far as reproduction boxes go for the GBA there are no high quality ones and as far as reproduction manuals go they seem to be none existent in the gba market. There are some from the past but the quality is low and easy to spot, Definitly not for the uncommon games.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 06:28:33 am by sworddude »

« Reply #97 on: October 26, 2017, 08:29:43 am »

The one time I received a fake, I reported the seller to ebay, Nintendo AP division, and filed a claim with Paypal.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2017, 02:56:23 pm »

Holy crap this game climbed in value!

I'm not sure what happened to my original copy, but I just rebought this. And it set me back over $50 for a disc-only copy! The next closest copy was $75! But I bit the bullet and paid it, because I freaking LOVE King's Field and this game is KF's cousin.

When I original bought this game, it was under $10.

WTF?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 02:59:05 pm by burningdoom »

Warmsignal

« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2017, 03:12:01 pm »
If I had to guess, a popular Youtube channel made a video about it and probably stressed that it's a rare game that everyone should get before it goes up.

I guess that eventually, every slightly obscure game will become so expensive that most people won't even consider them. The trend of skyrocketing has become all the more common these days. The number of expensive games on each platform increases on a yearly basis.

« Reply #100 on: October 26, 2017, 03:17:57 pm »

I'm not sure what happened to my original copy, but I just rebought this. And it set me back over $50 for a disc-only copy! The next closest copy was $75! But I bit the bullet and paid it, because I freaking LOVE King's Field and this game is KF's cousin.

WTF?
Yeah, I've been keeping an eye out for this game for a long time.  Haven't seen it complete for under $75.

« Reply #101 on: October 26, 2017, 03:22:35 pm »
One small batch to finish off the month:

360:
Country Dance All-Stars
NHL 2K8
NHL 14
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas
The Walking Dead

Toys to Life:
Cloud (1P) Amiibo

At this rate, it's looking like hockey will be the first sport I fully complete for the 360 as I now have the entire 2K line and need 5 games left from EA's line. I also wound up with another copy of BlazBlue Calamity Trigger as they sent me it when I ordered Continuum Shift Extend, but as I only paid $2 for it, it's not worth the hassle of the refund.

sworddude

« Reply #102 on: October 26, 2017, 05:12:21 pm »

WTF?
Yeah, I've been keeping an eye out for this game for a long time.  Haven't seen it complete for under $75.

there are allot of actually rare ps1 games, however they are bad and or plain releases so the value is pretty low and only interesting for a select few who go for full sets.

If this game was bad or at least unknown of being good to many people like in the past it would have probably still been in that 10$ range. But yea youtube happened  :o
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 07:11:06 pm by sworddude »

desocietas

« Reply #103 on: October 26, 2017, 06:44:29 pm »

Could you show me a cib listing that you might think have fake boxes and manuals?

GBA games even cib are way to cheap to also have high quality repro boxes and especially manuals it's only done for very expensive games the GBA has none of that and the few that are are to unknown and not worth enough for the full course.

GBa carts only on the other hand are very cheap to produce and people buy them allot faster since the prices are low, CIB and cart only are a different market but as far as reproduction boxes go for the GBA there are no high quality ones and as far as reproduction manuals go they seem to be none existent in the gba market. There are some from the past but the quality is low and easy to spot, Definitly not for the uncommon games.

I was referencing just a cartridge only for a GBA game. For instance, I want a copy of Summon Night Swordcraft Story 2 and might end up resigning to getting a cart-only copy, but it's so common for folks to just make repros of GBA carts... I'd love to get a CIB copy, but it'd set me back a LOT of money  :'(
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

sworddude

« Reply #104 on: October 26, 2017, 07:19:15 pm »

I was referencing just a cartridge only for a GBA game. For instance, I want a copy of Summon Night Swordcraft Story 2 and might end up resigning to getting a cart-only copy, but it's so common for folks to just make repros of GBA carts... I'd love to get a CIB copy, but it'd set me back a LOT of money  :'(

I see but even for cart only people will mention if a cart is a repro

Since in person it is easy to spot a fake thanks to the imprinting on the lable and if you open the cart It's never the same like an original in pretty much all cases very cheap boards.

Scamming with reproduction games happened allot in the past but thanks to the improved buyers paypal protection scamming with repro items is allot of effort for low chances of succes. you'll even lose shipping costs It's better to ship nothing for scammers. not to mention I'm pretty sure that power sellers want to avoid negative feedback for selling a fake as an original etc even though some people might fall for it.

there is pretty much no risk anymore especially thanks to the knowledge of today and the improved buyers protection wich is a bit to good since buyers can abuse it big time even if the seller is fair.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 07:33:36 pm by sworddude »