Author Topic: October 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 11903 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: October 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2017, 12:54:08 pm »
I used to not, but I do buy empty cases now. Usually only if I am in person (like thrift or flea market) or in a lot on ebay, or if I need one for a game that is unruly to keep loose.

Then there are times I buy them on accident, as I had found from many years of buying boxed computer games... going through them now, sometimes they are missing some discs.

I'm loving you people that buy empty cases! I just made $50 on a box & manual for Castlevania today. No way I'd let go of the game itself, but for that much, you can have the box.

sworddude

« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2017, 03:05:47 pm »
I used to not, but I do buy empty cases now. Usually only if I am in person (like thrift or flea market) or in a lot on ebay, or if I need one for a game that is unruly to keep loose.

Then there are times I buy them on accident, as I had found from many years of buying boxed computer games... going through them now, sometimes they are missing some discs.

I'm loving you people that buy empty cases! I just made $50 on a box & manual for Castlevania today. No way I'd let go of the game itself, but for that much, you can have the box.

It's not to strange if your missing some stuff as a collector and you want the complete thing

Also dont forget that lose cases and manuals are pretty rare without the discs. Far more buyers than supply if it is a good game so people can be kinda desprate at times. Especially manuals can fetch nice amounts sometimes hundreds.

I would actually go as far as to say that completing a set in the lose way is more expensive than buying a cib copy unless you found one of the parts for a bargain but even than you won;t save to much if were fair. Only with very expensive games you'll pay more for the complete set than buying the parts lose.

That being said I would personally never sell a case and manual from any of my cib games doesnt look nice and as a collector kinda hurts, let alone from one of the best ps1 games ever made Castlevania SOTN shame on you   ;)

« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 03:17:46 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2017, 03:19:40 pm »
Not SotN, the original on NES.

sworddude

« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2017, 04:51:24 pm »
Not SotN, the original on NES.

That's way better, not to much of a loss part III is allot better anyways

« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2017, 11:42:08 pm »

Been after Turtle Bridge for years. I finally picked one up after receiving a bonus.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 12:40:20 am by badATchaos »

« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2017, 08:21:46 am »
Signed up for the Gamestop elite thing... don't honestly know why, but we'll see if I save enough this year to continue to justify it.

Picked up Magna Carta 2 at Gamestop.

Also got Prey (X1) in the mail from Gamefly.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2017, 09:09:15 am »

Been after Turtle Bridge for years. I finally picked one up after receiving a bonus.

That's not a cheap one!  Nice add to the ole collection.  I'll share in that Game & Watch excitement!

tripredacus

« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2017, 10:47:39 am »

That's someone else. I would not pay over $5 for an empty box. :p

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2017, 11:37:47 am »

I'm guilty.  I've paid good money for a few boxes and manuals.  Off the top of my head, I know I paid $20 for my Darkwing Duck box and manual.  I know I've done it other times too.  I really want a Turtles in Time box.  I just can't make myself pay that kind of money for paper.

Warmsignal

« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2017, 12:42:34 pm »

I'm guilty.  I've paid good money for a few boxes and manuals.  Off the top of my head, I know I paid $20 for my Darkwing Duck box and manual.  I know I've done it other times too.  I really want a Turtles in Time box.  I just can't make myself pay that kind of money for paper.

Surely you wanna pay me some money for paper? At my site we do any box for $10. All those old crinkly boxes be damned, get ya a brand new one.  ;)

sworddude

« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2017, 01:05:43 pm »

Surely you wanna pay me some money for paper? At my site we do any box for $10. All those old crinkly boxes be damned, get ya a brand new one.  ;)

TBH For cartridge games I would rather have a manual and box in excellent shape than the cart, on the cheap though but still.

Carts are so much easier to find in quantities but obviously also in deals, a cakewalk in comparison.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2017, 01:08:06 pm »

I have a repro box/universal game case.  I'm looking for the real deal.  Collector Style

soera

« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2017, 01:37:40 pm »
I paid $60 for my 9.5/10 box/manual and maps for NES Dragon Warrior IV.

« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2017, 01:52:17 pm »

Wow! I've been wanting to get into the CIB world, but entry is so steep!

desocietas

« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2017, 02:09:46 pm »

Wow! I've been wanting to get into the CIB world, but entry is so steep!

I'm thankful that I don't collect anything too old, but it's getting tougher and tougher for me to find CIB GBA games nowadays  :'(
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas