Author Topic: First Game You've Finished?  (Read 2423 times)

scott

First Game You've Finished?
« on: March 25, 2012, 11:59:50 pm »
What was the first game you guys remember finishing? Or even better yet, what was the first game you beat as a kid without cheat codes?

For me, it was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game. But I used the level select code to skip to the last level I had reached before I died. Eventually I beat it legit though.

The first game I beat w/o codes/cheats was Mega Man II. I was completely addicted to that game, and remember the 1st time I fought the Dragon boss. It felt so intense until I figured out how to kill it fast.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

Re: First Game You've Finished?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 01:13:51 am »
Dragon Spirit or Karate Kid for NES were probably the first games I ever beat.  I remember playing TMNT Arcade and beating that as well, it took a friend and I playing for weeks.  I hated the Tiger/Old Japan level.

amauriel

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 01:21:36 am »
It was definitely Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers for the NES. No guides, cheat codes, anything. I recently dug it out and replayed it, and I still didn't get hit a single time in Fat Cat's factory, I had played it so much as a kid that it was muscle memory at that point. As soon as the music started I was golden.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

madmax

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 01:21:46 am »
Sonic on the game gear maybe? i don't really remember. I know I beat the power rangers games on the game gear but I believe I did beat sonic before that.

foxhack

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 01:40:08 am »
Probably Super Mario Bros, like millions of other people. :p

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 03:51:49 am »
I beat Donkey Kong Country and killer instinct, not sure which one was first. Im pretty sure it was Killer instinct, but again not sure. Still two of my favorite games and they're fun to run through every now and then. I remember thinking DKC was so hard and now both seem kinda easy now.

htimreimer

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 07:06:13 am »
Paper Mario for n64 i was 5 or 6 years old

hexen

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 07:12:13 am »
I would guess that the first game I ever beat was Super Mario Land on the Gameboy or Star Strike on the Intellivision. It's hard to place the dates correctly, and I also think some people would consider Star Strike a bit too short to count in such a manner.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

scott

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 08:41:05 am »
Probably Super Mario Bros, like millions of other people. :p

I never beat Super Mario Bros as a kid. I remember my oldest brother doing it and thinking he was amazing. Ha
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

pacpix

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 10:09:48 am »
The first game I beat was Super Mario World with my aunt when I was 5 and I beat it myself the next year.  I still pull it out at least once a year and my aunt and I play through it when I visit her.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

matt

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 10:43:55 am »
I have no clue but I'm sure it was something on the SMS when I was little. After that we used to marathon Genesis games each weekend so the list of games I beat is pretty long but lost to the sands of time ha.

jobocan

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012, 11:48:32 am »
I frankly can't remember... I specifically remember at least getting to the final level of Super Mario Bros, but I can't remember if I beat it when I was a kid, or only later on. Ah childhood memories, why can't I remember you properly?

soera

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 12:20:22 pm »
I have no clue but I'm sure it was something on the SMS when I was little.

This would be my exact answer as well.

psydswipe

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012, 02:05:24 pm »
I have no clue but I'm sure it was something on the SMS when I was little. After that we used to marathon Genesis games each weekend so the list of games I beat is pretty long but lost to the sands of time ha.

I'll second that  ;) No way can I remember, though if Atari and Intellivision games had endings it would be one of those. Maybe AD&D would count but it's rather short. Most likely it would be something on Sega Master System to be a game that took longer than a hour.

amauriel

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2012, 03:14:44 pm »
The first game I beat was Super Mario World with my aunt when I was 5 and I beat it myself the next year.  I still pull it out at least once a year and my aunt and I play through it when I visit her.

Unlocking all of Star Road with the different Yoshi's and getting to Gnarly, Tubular, etc. was one of the best feelings I've ever had in games. I'm pretty sure I never made it through all of those levels though.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."