Author Topic: How Do You Feel About Yet Another Call Of Duty Game?  (Read 2125 times)

How Do You Feel About Yet Another Call Of Duty Game?
« on: October 19, 2017, 09:08:39 am »
As some of you know A new Call Of Duty game is coming and, you guessed it it's another world war 2 First Person shooter game as if they just plain ran out of ideas. I used to like Call of Duty series but in my opinion, what are they doing creating another world war 2 shooter? as if they are starting their entire franchise all over again. I am just plain sick of world war 2 shooters. world war 1 barly gets any attention and I can't figure out why. this is crazy I mean all the WWII battles are covered on the PS2 there was 4 games for original Xbox and PS2 and countless PC games featuring  Call Of Duty.

this is laughable out of all wars done call of duty has to backtrack world war 2. What about the Cival War or the Mexican American war, they made strategy games for those wars instead of battlefield sims.

there is so many other ideas COD could stick with and they come up with another graphics update to the second world war >:( and come to think if it featured another war I might have just bought a PS4. of course there is Battlefield 1 but I think that is online multiplayer only

MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: How Do You Feel About Yet Another Call Of Duty Game?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 09:14:16 am »
If I'm not mistaken, they are removing a lot of historical accuracies from the game so as to not offend folks.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 09:26:44 am »
The Mexican-American War and the Civil War weren't fought with modern weapons.  That makes a big difference.  If the weapons suck, so will the game.  I didn't play Battlefield 1, but that has to be the cutoff for modern weaponry. 

COD4: Modern Warfare was my jam.  Modern weapons.  Not future laser gun and jetpack shit.  Bullets and shrapnel.  That's how I like my Call of Duty.

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 09:29:32 am »
If I'm not mistaken, they are removing a lot of historical accuracies from the game so as to not offend folks.

Again as I feel they should be able to honor the war veterans, and that is what I thought they were doing when they first started out. I mean it all was censored even then the real horrors of war were never displayed in which I liked that aspect. but turning ww2 into a fantasy I feel is worse, it shoves the dignity of war veterans down much further than just a video game about actual battle worlds. war should never be toyed with but I always liked the history aspect of the historical games.

IMO turning ww2 into a fantasy is like saying ww2 didn't happen also without censoring like in all of the games it would turn it into brutal doom with people in which is also not good at all in my opinion.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 09:42:00 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 09:33:19 am »
The Mexican-American War and the Civil War weren't fought with modern weapons.  That makes a big difference.  If the weapons suck, so will the game.  I didn't play Battlefield 1, but that has to be the cutoff for modern weaponry. 

COD4: Modern Warfare was my jam.  Modern weapons.  Not future laser gun and jetpack shit.  Bullets and shrapnel.  That's how I like my Call of Duty.

I am into single player campaigns only guys, and I like the challenge of shooting with bolt action rifles from time to time, Battlefield 1 does have some portable machine guns buy the way I seen some replays from it.

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 09:50:50 am »
I think it's more of a breath of fresh air going back to boots on the ground and actual war. :).  I remember when I was sick of world war II shooters too but COD hasn't released one in almost 10 years and ive grown to miss world at war which was my favorite COD and since then their has been a bunch of sci fi jet pack we are having wars in 2080 on the moon b.s year after year.  The fans have been almost begging for boots on the ground since they introduced the jetpacks and they never listened.  I'm one of the ones who are happy to see a war game be a war game again. If I wanted Halo i'd buy Halo.  Call of Duty is finally going back in their lane. Infinite Warfare is still one of the most disliked video games in history on YouTube and I agree that it's awful. 

As for your suggestions I do agree that their are so many wars that games don't touch as much.  Civil and Vietnam wars being 2 that really need a epic game and story. I never got why they don't make a vietnam war game. Niether COD or Battleifeld has. That war was crazy brutal and has tons of stories behind it.  Revolutionary war as well. But like Turf said Civil War guns for an online multiplayer would be clunky and boring.  The COD community as a whole is a community that plays a fast reflex tournamnet shooter with fast guns and quick score multipliers.  The guns of the civil war era wouldn't compliment the style for online competitive.

Also Battlefield 1 has singleplayer campaign. A pretty good one too.  :D.   

Only the Multiplayer is being butchered. In their words to "Preserve a friendly and inviting atmosphere for all players as the multiplayer is meant to have fun and get together on a social platform and not to be historically driven" but more or less it was their excuse for having their balls in a jar from SJW elites that run modern media.   But SledgeHammer has confirmed in the trailer and in their forums that the campaign will be historically accurate and feature swastikas, nazi symbols, reference to the holocaust, extreme gore, and replicated battle scenes.  The Zombies mode is also called "Nazi" zombies and they didn't censor the word as far as I know and it looks extremely grusome and vile compared to the other arcade looking zombies COD has had.  :)

« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 10:03:41 am by marvelvscapcom2 »

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 10:00:02 am »
I used to get irritated by it, especially when COD was way more popular and bigger during the B02 and MW3 days, but now it seems like more and more people don't really care. Sure, it will still sell millions, but in terms of its prevalence within pop culture and bring mentioned all the time, I've noticed it far less in recent years. Personally, I think COD is a stupid, generic series, but am not bothered by another coming out. I just wont buy it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 12:56:52 pm »
I feel completely indifferent. I'm not into military-shooters, but I don't hate them either.

But is anyone here surprised by this? As long as the series continues to make tons of money, they're going to continue making the games.

Warmsignal

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2017, 02:20:35 pm »

Everybody knows the allied forces fought against the Meanie party, everyone used nerf guns and made PBJs together and had a good ole' time.

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2017, 02:29:09 pm »

Everybody knows the allied forces fought against the Meanie party, everyone used nerf guns and made PBJs together and had a good ole' time.
We're actually supposed to call it the "Allied Service" now.  Official vocab guidelines state that "force" is too aggressive.

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2017, 03:16:13 pm »
Just stumbled upon this and thought it relevant.

kashell

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2017, 03:42:55 pm »
Just stumbled upon this and thought it relevant.

Yep. I lol'd. That's awesome.

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2017, 04:24:00 pm »
I played the beta for the game and I actually liked the new mode they added called "War".  It's not a new mode to FPS gaming, been around for years, but it's an attack/defense mode where people have an objective, rather than just running around with bad spawns and killstreak hell in the normal multiplayer.  Multi-staged linear objective map that is actually fun.  Genuinely surprised as I haven't felt like that about the series since Black Ops 1.

Then I played regular multiplayer and it's the same chaotic, unfun, mess as always with bad spawns, killstreaks that reward already winning teams, one hit kill quick shot snipers, and that really put a damper on the experience.  There's good ideas, but it's held back by being a Call of Duty game lol

I don't personally mind a return to WW2, though other wars would've been interesting, though most other wars wouldn't make for a good shooter.  Battlefield 1 worked well enough though.  I wouldn't mind seeing Vietnam again and in particular, I'd like to see them do a fictional war, like they did with Bad Company 2.

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2017, 01:08:49 am »
should have stopped after cod4

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2017, 02:32:14 pm »
That depends on if it's sucks or is actually good with the call of duty franchise it could go either way.I'd say our odds are about 50/50