Author Topic: Does Alcoholic Beverages Really Help Play Games Better  (Read 1864 times)

Does Alcoholic Beverages Really Help Play Games Better
« on: November 01, 2017, 11:14:59 pm »
hello, I had not drank a single beer in years and I was just wondering does Alcoholic Beverages really help win video games? Beer makes me feel sluggish but I take medicine so that may be the case.

Every good gamer I heard of, or met. Says beer helps you win or at least drinks an alcoholic beverage while playing. I don't understand how, for example it can help on a racing game for example as this simulates drinking and driving, and driving under influence though not exactly in real life, I wounder how would this affect a gamer in a racing game. again I wounder your thoughts of how (if so) drinking and playing video games helps you, or? does it leave you feeling ill?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 11:16:30 pm by oldgamerz »
updated on 5-14-2024 5:30AM (EST)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)
(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)
NO APPS NEEDED
64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage
over 28,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

https://nap.casthost.net:2199/start/Justinangelradio/

(requires Google Chrome or Firefox Edge does not work with this link but other links exist)

Re: Does Alcoholic Beverages Really Help Play Games Better
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 11:21:00 pm »
I'm absolutely positive it does nothing to help you play games better lol I've been to enough game meetups and hung out with friends that drink, and I drink myself on occasion, to see that it makes no one better at games lol  It mostly just dulls your reaction time.

spac316

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 11:26:58 pm »
One drink of light beer won't change much. But too much heavy drinking won't help matters any. So no, it won't make you any better.

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 12:05:02 am »
If anything too much alcohol would impair your ability to do well in a game, no matter what genre it is.

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 02:35:33 am »
I'm mildly concerned to see someone compare racing games to actual driving.

(Also I doubt alcohol would improve anything but the one time I've ever beaten Space Channel 5 happened when I was trying to fight some very powerful sleeping medication so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .)
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 08:40:06 am »
It doesn't make you better it makes it more fun.
P.S. beer tastes like piss

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 09:54:11 am »
I love knocking back one too many and playing games.  I'm a champ at it.  Just like golfer have a little "swing oil" to help loosen them up, a few beers help you relax and enjoy the game.  I wouldn't recommend it for something that involves a lot of fast twitch stuff, but beer sure makes Rock Band more fun!

Back in 2013, I was an idiot. 

Here's proof https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,3304.0.html

I need to bring this back.  Damn I had fun doing that.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 01:01:49 pm »
FPS while drunk is the worst. Just causes me to get sick.

But I'm not good with alcohol in general. I don't like drinking. I hate being out of control and saying and doing things I regret later. And I hate hangovers.

I'll just stick with my toking. No getting sick, and no regrets afterwards. Which is fantastic to do while gaming.

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2017, 03:25:31 pm »
I wouldn't say it helps, but anytime I've had alcohol, it's made me feel calm and focused.

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2017, 04:29:09 pm »
You may have more fun drinking and playing video games with friends, but you wont be better no, it'll just kill your reaction times and concentration. Frankly i think its kind of weird to drink AND play games (unless its a board game). :P

thewelshman

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2017, 05:15:43 pm »
I have two good friends who I'll log in and play the Gears of War series with. We call it "Beers and Gears"...I can safely say It has never made me play better, but its a hell of a lot of fun.

aliensstudios

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2017, 06:25:26 pm »
I've never really mixed drinking and gaming except when I played Fast Racing NEO. I had several beers and the game not only got easier, it got much more fun to play!  8)
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

indenton

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2017, 07:23:14 pm »
I've never really mixed drinking and gaming except when I played Fast Racing NEO. I had several beers and the game not only got easier, it got much more fun to play!  8)

Man, talk about cranking the Motion Blur up to 11!

aliensstudios

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2017, 08:19:15 pm »

Man, talk about cranking the Motion Blur up to 11!
Yeah, it was one of those times where I either got really lucky or the booze was really helping my cause.  :P
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2017, 02:17:17 am »
hello, I had not drank a single beer in years and I was just wondering does Alcoholic Beverages really help win video games? Beer makes me feel sluggish but I take medicine so that may be the case.

Every good gamer I heard of, or met. Says beer helps you win or at least drinks an alcoholic beverage while playing. I don't understand how, for example it can help on a racing game for example as this simulates drinking and driving, and driving under influence though not exactly in real life, I wounder how would this affect a gamer in a racing game. again I wounder your thoughts of how (if so) drinking and playing video games helps you, or? does it leave you feeling ill?

I've beaten my drunk brother in tournament fighters that he'd normally handle me in sober so I think it makes you worst but that's only my scientific results lol.  ;D    I have heard a people at arcades in the 80s being completely bombed setting high scores on arcade cabinets but it might just be hyperbole.    I know being alert and having hair trigger relfexes honed by playing years of video games to streghten hand eye cordination is what makes you good.  Reflexes, alertness and hand eye cordination all drastically going down on a drunk :).