Author Topic: Why you should buy Xenoblade  (Read 8095 times)

jcalder8

Re: Why you should buy Xenoblade
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2012, 02:06:50 pm »
I checked at a couple local stores and they didn't even have enough to cover pre-orders.... that's Canada for you though.

soera

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2012, 02:37:58 pm »
Lol thats my problem as well. I didnt really even know about the game til this post started and a few others. I have so much other crap to play but I think this one may be one of those "Damn, I should have gotten that when I had the chance" games.

soera

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2012, 10:25:29 pm »
Well, I went to the local Gamestop in search of a someone who didnt pick up a pre-order. I get there and the sales guy said "A lot of people just didnt want the book" ... I was like cool. He went behind the counter, pulled out the drawer, and gave me one for free. Sweet!

atariboy

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2012, 11:56:49 pm »
Well, I went to the local Gamestop in search of a someone who didnt pick up a pre-order. I get there and the sales guy said "A lot of people just didnt want the book" ... I was like cool. He went behind the counter, pulled out the drawer, and gave me one for free. Sweet!

I went to my local GameStop and they told me same thing but he wouldn't even sell me one. He told me they needed to return them to corporate. I think the guy was full of BS and was probably going to keep them to sell on ebay or something.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

soera

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2012, 12:14:50 am »
Thats bogus. Obviously they dont have to return them cause they were supposed to be given out with each pre-order. How would the corporate office know who didnt pick up their books cause everyone should have?

blipcs76

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2012, 09:45:09 am »

Congrats on getting one for free!

atariboy

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2012, 10:50:05 am »
Thats bogus. Obviously they dont have to return them cause they were supposed to be given out with each pre-order. How would the corporate office know who didnt pick up their books cause everyone should have?

Ya my point exactly, guess il try other Gamestops if or when I get a chance.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

soera

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2012, 11:08:25 am »
Heh glad I got it for free. Now I just have to hope someone outbids me on the one I bid on Ebay. But it shouldnt be tough as my max bid is $1.00.

amauriel

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2012, 12:59:47 pm »
If you win it for some crazy reason, I'll pay the shipping and the cost to get it to me. I called all my Gamestops and they said they sold all their preorders. Getting it from you would be cheaper than extending my radius.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

soera

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2012, 01:24:16 pm »
That works!

desocietas

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2012, 01:27:03 pm »
Free?? So envious.  I'm hoping one of my local shops is able to help me out... I really don't want to pay over $10 for that book.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2012, 03:28:13 pm »
Heh went to another Gamestop to pre-order Diablo III ... just for my own curiousity, I asked if they had any left over Xenoblade artbooks. Guy goes in the back and says 1 left and hands it over. I may do this everywhere in the OKC area!

scott

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2012, 04:16:54 pm »
Ha nice!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

scott

« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2012, 01:29:11 pm »
Just a heads up folks, if you didn't get Xenoblade. You can buy it straight from Nintendo's online store!

http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Xenoblade?storeId=10001
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2012, 01:19:18 pm »

Woot!  I'm going to check my other local shop to see if they have one available to me.  The shop I went to yesterday had two in their drawer, but they were really iffy about letting me take it.  They had to check with the manager and such, and said I had to pre-order *something* and they'll give me the book.

So I pre-ordered The Last Story, but I figured even if I don't pick that up, the book will have cost me $5.  Still better than the $15-30 + shipping on eBay.

I don't actually have a Wii right now, so wondering if I should still buy Xenoblade now or see if there will ever be a price drop for it.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas