Author Topic: Why you should buy Xenoblade  (Read 8095 times)

desocietas

Re: Why you should buy Xenoblade
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2012, 03:04:53 pm »
As far as Nintendo not promoting it...I got a pretty sweet Xenoblade poster at their booth at PAX, so they are at least acknowledging the release.

Speaking of which you need to make a post about PAX East for us!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

amauriel

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2012, 03:35:00 pm »
I will...we got home at 4 this morning. Ronalopolis took a few pictures with a camera rather than my phone, so I need to bug him to get them uploaded somewhere so I can steal them.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

soera

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2012, 03:44:24 pm »
Wonder how much I can get one of the art books for? Not really interested in the game ... yet ... but I want the book before its gone.

jobocan

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2012, 04:12:14 pm »
Wonder how much I can get one of the art books for? Not really interested in the game ... yet ... but I want the book before its gone.

I just went on ebay to see... and people are crazy!!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Xenoblade-Chronicles-w-Artbook-Nintendo-Wii-NEW-SEALED-US-English-Version-/260998819482?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc4bdee9a#ht_1080wt_1079

That's the book and the game, but seriously, what's up with that? People are going crazy with overpricing this game! It's not even out of stock at gamestop and ebgames...

As for the book, the lowest I found it for on ebay is 35$ with shipping...  you might get lucky and find some people selling it for 20$ on random forums. I wouldn't say it's worth that much though, it's pretty rudimentary.

Oh, and around 30$ for the PAX poster! >_<

soera

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2012, 04:16:36 pm »
All the resellers are insane. I remember a few weeks back when people found that Kid Icarus AR card attached in the Game Informer magazine. All the sudden, it was going for $50 on Ebay. For a card ....

desocietas

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2012, 05:45:27 pm »

On the American eBay, looks like the book is going for about $20.  My closest Gamestop says they'll start calling folk in about two days to remind them about their reservation, and from there they'll know better if they'll have cancellations or not.  I'll be out of town, unfortunately, so I won't be able to check in with them until next Tuesday.

I'm also bewildered by my other phone call to another spot who said they had preorders left but no art books.  Maybe he thought I was just looking for the book itself...?  I might try giving them another call tomorrow.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2012, 07:00:06 pm »
Ok, just called a couple of shops, and they did say that there is a 48 hour policy for holding reserves.  However, it sounds like they also do a courtesy call a few days after the 48 hour period (approx a week or so after release) to allow folks who have preordered the chance to pick them up.  After that, they may be up for grabs.

Sounds like I'll be calling a few Gamestops next week after I get back from my trip...

I'm hoping I'm the only one asking!  I wouldn't mind getting another copy (if it works out that way for more than one store) in case there's someone else out there like me who is regretting not preordering in time.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2012, 07:01:07 pm »
If you snag 2, let me know!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2012, 07:23:32 pm »
If you snag 2, let me know!

Will do!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2012, 10:41:16 pm »
As far as Nintendo not promoting it...I got a pretty sweet Xenoblade poster at their booth at PAX, so they are at least acknowledging the release.

That is pretty sweet. Can you post a picture here? Also, would you be possibly interested in a trade?

desoicates - thanks for all the updates. Keep us posted!

All this talk has me thinking I should get two copies of Last Story.
What is a man? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk - have at you!

blipcs76

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2012, 01:44:31 pm »
I picked up my copy Monday night and I had to remind the clerk about the art book.  It looked like they had about 5 left, unless they had more stashed away somewhere.

soera

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2012, 12:31:02 pm »
How is it packaged with the artbook? Are they sealed together or is it just two pieces? Id like a set eventually but if they come sealed together, Id rather just get them that way.

jobocan

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2012, 12:35:08 pm »
They're separate, or at least they were for me.

soera

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2012, 01:18:17 pm »
Perfect. I think Ill snag me up one of these books for now then. I may hit Gamestop and see what they have left over.

amauriel

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2012, 01:22:24 pm »
I wasn't planning on picking this up, but you guys have got me interested. I figure I'll hit up my local Gamestop tonight and see if they've got any of the art books left as well. If not, I'll probably hold off for a while on grabbing it, got LOTS of other stuff to play.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."