Author Topic: Funny Anger  (Read 2614 times)

madmax

Re: Funny Anger
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2012, 01:00:45 pm »
2. I'm not allowed to. I have a pretty addictive personality so my wife has told me that I'm not allowed to try it because if I enjoy it I'll never leave the computer.

I am the same. I have an extremely addictive personality so I will avoid MMOs in general. Unfortunately for me, my girlfriend and my free time. I discovered Starcraft 2 and thought it would be a casual thing. Turns out to have an extremely huge multiplayer scene, a whole sport dedicated to it, professionals and quite a bit of money in the business.

ffxik

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2012, 01:16:13 am »
As my handle hints toward. I have played several MMO's started with Everquest Online Adventures, I didn't care for it.  Final Fantasy XI on the other hand I spent 5 years on the Remora server.  I had some good times, but a lot of people do nitpick the smallest things.

I remember leveling DRK, getting to lvl 32 and getting kicked out of a party because I didn't have a Peacock Charm.  Which anyone that has played that game knows that getting that charm was almost impossible.

I also cannot speak for the other servers but on Remora, if you were a US player in a JP party you kept your mouth shut and just done what was expected of your job.  If it became known you were US they kicked you immediately.  Regardless of how well you may have been performing, they believed no US player could play that game right.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 03:47:20 pm by ffxik »

kirbysuperstar

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2012, 04:39:35 am »
I'm kinda glad the only MMO-esque stuff I got into was PSO/PSU. People were generally really friendly. "Oh you look kinda newish, here's like a hundred rare items I don't need and a zillion meseta".

scott

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2012, 09:36:55 am »
I also cannot speak for the other servers but on Remora, if you were a US player in a JP party you kept your mouth shut and just done what was expected of your job.  If it became known you were US they kicked you immediately.  Regardless of how well you may have been performing, they believed no US player could play that game right.

I played in a few JP groups and it was always gogogogo, I don't think there was any time for talking anyway.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

ffxik

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2012, 03:43:36 pm »

I played in a few JP groups and it was always gogogogo, I don't think there was any time for talking anyway. 

That is true, unless you happend to MT into party when you were b.s.ing with the linkshell.  Which is usually what happend.  About the time I would get a PT someone would ask for some direction, or they would start setting up an LS event. 

That aside I miss that game.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 03:47:36 pm by ffxik »