Author Topic: Funny Anger  (Read 2615 times)

Funny Anger
« on: March 28, 2012, 03:13:38 am »
So, get this, I was playing street fighter IV online the other night when I decided to play an endless battle. The only match going on at the time was between two guys with one more slot open, I thought "ok cool, good connection, this should be fun for a while." I begin to play and proceed to beat one of the guys, only to be kicked once the match ended. The guy proceeded to send me a message about how crappy it was that he lost and I should'nt even be playing against him because his player points were low. He then decided to call me a cheater, of which I dont understand because I dont spam anything but whatever. I thought this was all in good fun considering it's an endless battle meaning you're not ranked or given any points.
If anyone has had this type of experience before please post and we can vent together  :)

ffxik

Re: Funny Anger
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 03:23:25 am »
MOst of the time I have ever had anyone pissy with me about a fighting game.  It was in a two player local match.  I prefer those, that way you can just give them the patient look then proceed to backhand the whinny <bio><tachi>

As far as online goes I only played 2 rounds of Soul Calibur IV before realizing my connection isn't all that great, and it would save me some embarrasment later if I just avoid online all together.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 03:25:38 am by ffxik »

kirbysuperstar

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 03:51:56 am »
I generally stick to PC gaming on local servers or stuff with REALLY good netcode (BlazBlue, Uncharted 2/3).. living in Australia (ass end of the world with a fantastically horrendibad telecom infrastructure) tends to get you a bit of rage.

Though I did manage to beat someone in Soulcalibur V while suffering from about 1.5s of input lag. Somehow.

When the Xbox was around, I used to play Crimson Skies and Halo 2 on XBL..via dial-up. I got a LOT of crap in Halo 2. XBL people are totally not-friendly. I still managed to play over 300 games and get 2005k:2710d, though.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 03:55:57 am by kirbysuperstar »

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 06:01:10 am »
MOst of the time I have ever had anyone pissy with me about a fighting game.  It was in a two player local match.  I prefer those, that way you can just give them the patient look then proceed to backhand the whinny <bio><tachi>

As far as online goes I only played 2 rounds of Soul Calibur IV before realizing my connection isn't all that great, and it would save me some embarrasment later if I just avoid online all together.

Haha right!? I dont know my connection is all good the host just decided to kick me cause I won, and in my oppinion thats what makes fighting games fun is to lose to figure out why you lost and how you can get better you know?

madmax

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 11:45:06 am »
You get a lot of BM (bad manner) in starcraft. It's really funny. People say you need to learn to play the game and such, when obviously you do if you're winning the game. In all fairness, it's really frustrating when you lose matches.

jcalder8

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 02:54:51 pm »
This is why I don't like to play online against people I don't know... This is also why I don't play online hardly at all.

jobocan

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 02:56:29 pm »
This is why I don't like to play online against people I don't know... This is also why I don't play online hardly at all.

Same for me. Nothing beats playing with your friends on the same couch :P ... and teasing them after getting 2 perfects in a row with Dan in SSFIV :P

scott

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 03:43:32 pm »
I really don't like playing games with folks I don't know. Which is funny because I played a bunch of WoW and am currently playing Old Republic. But, I usually only run with friends and very rarely do PUGs.

I think the last time I played online with someone I don't know on my Xbox was farming the multiplayer achievement for Sonic 2 on XBLA... which was like 1.5 -2 years ago...

Edit: Scratch that, it was AC: Brotherhood pvp, but, I never had a headset on.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

amauriel

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 04:06:53 pm »
@scott: SWTOR isn't really a fair assessment though. I've run a few things with Ronalopolis just to get social points up on my main, but between 1 and 50 the only instance I ran was Black Talon. That game has to win an award for "Easiest MMORPG To Be A Social Pariah In".
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

scott

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 04:13:21 pm »
To be fair. I never ran anything in wow while leveling either. it wasn't until end game raiding that I started hanging out with guildies for heroics/raids.

desocietas

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 04:25:42 pm »
Only in the last few months have I been doing a lot of online MMO play, and it's pretty crazy how infuriated people become about things.

I refused to join in on a PvP battle that my guildies were participating in and, perhaps because they lost, they got mad at me and the the guildmaster declared it a new guild rule that guildies had to participate in a PvP match if a majority of the group were for it.  Then he proceeded to demote my rank right then and there.

The whole thing was kinda laughable, really, but it did show me the true colors of the guild (which I started backing out of after that incident).

The MMO I'm in also has a political system and BOY do folks get riled up about that.  Really interesting sociological bits to analyze if I were more interested.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

jcalder8

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 06:47:56 pm »
I've never played an MMO and I don't plan on it for 2 reasons:
1. I don't like hanging out with people in real life so I don't know how I would deal with people I don't know online
2. I'm not allowed to. I have a pretty addictive personality so my wife has told me that I'm not allowed to try it because if I enjoy it I'll never leave the computer.

scott

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 06:53:44 pm »
Oh man, people get sooooo pissed in MMOs it's laughable. I can understand frustration over people doing things wrong in a raid situation, or not being able to down a boss after trying all night. But some folks find the tiniest things to nit pick about, which then boils over into arguments. And don't get me started on min/maxers trying to tell everyone they are doing it wrong and there is only "One true spec/roation/tank/dps/healing class". haha

desocietas

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2012, 07:19:58 pm »
And don't get me started on min/maxers trying to tell everyone they are doing it wrong and there is only "One true spec/roation/tank/dps/healing class". haha

It's so truuuuuue.  The forum for this MMO has so much of that, and when it's not about that, it's people saying that they are keeping their builds "secret," as if it were something to guard for some reason.

I really don't give a damn about dps blah and spec bleh but that's all people want to talk about!  Just let me fish in peace!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

jobocan

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2012, 07:41:00 pm »
Reminds me of the time I used to play Ragnarok Online back in high school on private servers. One of the friends I played with had a pretty strong Paladin, and ALWAYS bragged about how unbeatable he was.

During a guild war, which was about 20 people (including the one friend who bragged a lot) against me and 2 friends (yay for pricate servers!)... Let's just ignore the fact that we won... The whole 20 people came in our castle and were attacked by one of my friends, who was using a bard (one of the weaker classes at the time), and he killed them all, on his own, including the "super badass paladin of doom". Only 3 people managed to pass by him later on in the war, it was pretty hilarious.
The guy with the Paladin wouldn't talk to my other friend for a week :P

But yeah... I haven't played an MMORPG since then, they bore me.