Author Topic: March 2018 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 4585 times)

Flashback2012

Re: March 2018 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2018, 07:02:41 pm »
Half Price Books is doing one of their coupon weeks and yesterday was 40% off your highest item. We decided to venture up to the lone HPB in the Dayton area which is a good 45 or so minutes away and it's a good thing we did because I happened upon some import PSP goodness including...

Sengoku Ace Episode III (JPN release)
Twinbee Portable (ASN release)
Parodius Portable (JPN release)
Salamander Portable (ASN release)

I managed to get the Salamander and Parodius games @ 40% off with the help of my cousin (I've burned my coupons so he could get higher priced collectible vinyl records for cheap in the past) and used a calender 10% off coupon for the other two games and books/comics I picked up.

Prior to that we hit up 2nd and Charles and I picked up the following titles on the cheap...

Rollcage Stage II (PS)
Impossible Mission (DS)
Pro Cast Sports Fishing (Xbox)
Hot Shots Golf Fore! (PS2)
Winter 2003 Jampack (PS2)

Earlier in the day we hit up our local flea market and I picked up some games from a guy I've known for years that were B2G1F

TNN Bass Tournament of Champions (SNES)(CIB)
Super Hang-On (GEN)(CIB)
World Championship Soccer (GEN)(CIB)(Ended up being a dupe  :-\)
Carnival Games (XB360)
PopCap Hits! Vol. 1 (PS2)(Sealed)
Reel Fishing III (PS2)

Another vendor I'm friends with hooked me up with ESPN Baseball Tonight (GEN)(CIB) and Super Caesars Palace (SNES)(CIB) for $5 total.

Lastly (firstly?), our first stop of the day was a GameStop near my local comic shop that had a used copy of Touhou Kobuto V: Burst Battle. I burned the last of my PUR points to bring the price down on it. I had planned on getting it for PS4 but I figured my tiny Switch collection could use some love.  ;)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 07:09:52 pm by Flashback2012 »

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2018, 10:52:33 am »
Amazon had Gundam Versus for $10 so I bought a copy.

Also hit HPB over the weekend for the 40% sale and picked up Sonic Lost World and The Croods for Wii U, spent about $10.

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2018, 12:24:05 pm »

Also hit HPB over the weekend for the 40% sale and picked up Sonic Lost World and The Croods for Wii U, spent about $10.

Well that didn't last long :/

I've wanted to pick up Versus for a while, but from what I've seen and read about it, $20 is sort of my limit for that game.

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2018, 12:35:50 pm »

I've wanted to pick up Versus for a while, but from what I've seen and read about it, $20 is sort of my limit for that game.
Same, so when I saw it for $10, I snatched a copy quick.  May never play it either, sounds like it's online only.

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2018, 03:41:43 pm »

Same, so when I saw it for $10, I snatched a copy quick.  May never play it either, sounds like it's online only.

eww, I hadn't heard that about it. If that's the case then I don't feel bad about not getting it now lol

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2018, 12:22:08 pm »

My girlfriend and I decided to visit Toys R' Us one last time before they officially begin their liquidation sale and the place gets ransacked. We originally went in to maybe buy one thing each as a memento from the exact Toys R' Us that we both grew up with. This plan ended up changing pretty quick after we arrived.

We spent over an hour there walking around and talking about memories we had there over the years and of course just admiring their stock like we have hundreds of times before. What was intended to be a trip where we each bought a $10 action figure or clearance game turned into a much smaller version of the Nickelodeon Super Toy Run where we decided to get various things that we wanted and would remind us of the decades we'd spent going to Toys R' Us.

I bought Star Fox as part of one of my most vivid memories of going to Toys R' Us; around the time Star Fox 64 came out they had a demo available to play on their N64 store kiosk. I was so engrossed in playing the Star Fox 64 demo  that I failed to realize my dad had walked off without me or that he had been paging me for the last 10-minutes while I was completely absorbed in playing one of the coolest games Id ever played up until then. Of course I had to get a video game while I was there seeing how I have bought countless games there ever since the N64 days, and Shadow of the Colossus remake has been on my radar since it came out. And then finally Crossfire!

I thought I remembered hearing somewhere that they re-released Crossfire, but when I saw it on the shelf I genuinely freaked out since I've been after a complete copy of the original for a while now. The fact that it would probably be the last thing I'd ever get gleeful for at Toys R' Us and that it is a Toys R' Us exclusive made it a no brainer to buy. Not only that, but it reminded me of when I would see those awesome 90s toy commercials and desperately long for every single one, which was made even worse each time I went to Toys R' Us with my parents and saw them in person, but often could not get them.

My girlfriend got the wolf since she used to buy those plastic animals figures a lot as a kid, including a similar white wolf when she was younger. And being the insane Pokemon fan she is, she got some small figures like the ones she used to get during the early, gen 1 days of Pokemon.

While this all might seem pretty ridiculous, and quite frankly it is, I will miss Toys R' Us terribly as it not only represents one of the most special parts of my childhood, but also is a symbol of a bygone era that is nearly dead at this point. The time before the internet and ecommerse when brick and mortar stores were king and you found out about games and toys via TV commercials, word of mouth, magazines, and catalogs. I lament the death of specialized retail stores and sadly we will probably see many more go within the next decade or so.

Toys R' Us, you will be sorely missed by me and many others ....

kevininja

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2018, 01:51:41 pm »

Finally added The Art of The Last of Us to my collection! Been looking for it a while, and couldn't pass it up. Also the first proper artbook I own!

I also found an used copy of Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits and decided why the hell not, since it was like 5 euros anyway.

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2018, 08:00:08 am »
Finally acquired this.

telly

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2018, 02:07:30 am »
I used that Spring 15% off anything code on Ebay to pick up Paper Mario Color Splash sealed for about $23 :)
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2018, 09:02:46 am »
Got my free game Ni No Kuni for the ps4  ;D

« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2018, 03:12:09 pm »
Pickups from an auction this weekend for 42$:
NES system
Legacy of Rain Soul Reaver loose PS1
Hexen loose PS1
Interactive Sampler disk vol 3 loose PS1
Metal Gear Solid disc 1 loose PS1
Crime Killer loose PS1
Playstation Underground Holiday 2001 loose PS2 demo
Madden 2002 loose PS2
MX 2002 loose PS2
MLB 2006 loose PS2
Jak II loose PS2
GTA Vice City PS2
GTA III PS2 loose *2
ATV Offroad Fury 3 loose PS2
Grand Turismo 3 loose PS2
World Series Baseball 2k3 loose PS3
Cabelas Deer Hunt 2004 Season loose PS2
Ace Combat 4 loose PS2
Cabelas Big Game Hunter loose PS2
Onimusha loose PS2
Timesplitters loose PS2
ESPN NBA 2k5 loose PS2
Tom Clancy Splinter Cell loose PS2
Enter the Matrix PS2 loose
ESPN NFL 2K5 loose PS2
Tony Hawk Underground loose PS2
Halo loose Xbox
Halo 2 loose Xbox
Stubs the Zombie loose Xbox
The Punisher loose Xbox
Breakdown loose Xbox
Halo 3 Special Edition loose Xbox 360
Mirrors Edge loose Xbox 360
Assasins Creed II loose Xbox 360
Sneak King loose Xbox 360
Rumble Roses XX loose Xbox 360`
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 loose Xbox 360
Prey loose Xbox 360
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare game disc loose Xbox 360
50+ defective games
N64 system
Xbox 360 120 gb system

Other Finds:
Cabelas Trophy Bucks PS2 cib 1$
Jeep Thrills PS2 cib 1$
Metal Gear Solid 3 PS2 cib 1$
Scarface PS2 cib 1$
Onimusha Dawn of Dreams PS2 cib 5$
Wii Sports Resort cib 2$

sworddude

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2018, 03:53:19 pm »
Some pretty decent weeks for adds

Random free adds all cib

psp

spectral souls
xyanide resurrection
afterburner falcon
ys ark of naphitism

wii

guilty gear accent core sealed
guilty gear accent core

ps2

Guilty gear accent core sealed
way of the samurai 2
contra shattered memories guide

Neo geo

Neo geo pocket ac adapter boxed with manual

An interesting sony deal 30 euro's loss shipped all cib

final fantasy tactics with art card
final fantasy dissidia limited edition
star ocean bonus dvd with leaflet
legend of heroes III pretty stoked with this one pretty hard to find for a psp game especially in europe

Ds deals 10 euro's a piece shipping included loss all cib

Okami den a bit more than I was willing to pay but i would get it eventually. kinda hyped so i guess it's ok
Contra 4 Now that's the stuff I'm talking about hard to find in europe pretty cool game very stoked to add this one to the collection  ;D

Free ps1 deals all cib

Threads of fate ps1
Street fighter alpha 2 Finally. Was the ps1 one game I wanted the most to play street fighter alpha 2 was unfortunately the last street fighter game I got the ps2 version had to do the job until now divine punishment I guess even though it isn't that expensive or rare

Sega deals

Wiz in liz cib for free
Nightwarriors cib very nice shape for 15 euro's shipped I'll pick my poison with saturn games so rare to get good deals  :(

Free Nintendo deals

GBA

Jazz jackrabbit finally had this one many times in the quite pricy but always just shy of my condition finally have one

Snes deal 20 euro's shipped loss

Disney's magical quest
X-kaliber 2097

SNES all cib for free

Super scope 6 all paper work in plastic Box also in very nice shape

Final fight Pretty stoked about this one  :D. While it is a lesser arcade port I gotta admit it is a better port than I rembered and still one of the better final fight ports out there since it does look and play good even though it has short comings compared to the original or the few ports of this game on some newer consoles.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 04:25:47 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

theflea

« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2018, 09:46:56 pm »
Picked up quite a bit the last couple weeks, including an extremely rare game console.

Picked up another micro arcade.
- Bad Dudes

Amiibo
I feel the over size on this Amiibo is kinda silly. But it's cool anyway.
- Detective Pikachu

PS4
- Ni no Kuni II - Collector's Edition
- Dungeons II (on clearance for $10)
- Screen Cheat
- The Bit.Trip
- Sky Force Anniversary
- Croixleur Sigma
- School Girl Zombie Hunter

VITA
- Sky Force Anniversary
- The Bit.Trip
- Croixleur Sigma

Wii
Hunting down more games that people have suggested as rare or might be hunted for later.
Others I just don't see often and picked up.
- Cid the Dummy
- Aladdin Magic Racer
- Rig Racer 2
- MiniCopter Adventure Flight
- Classic British Motor Racing
- Emergency Mayham
- The Kore Gang
- Jerry Rice & Nitus' Dog Football
- Super Sonic Racer

NDS
- Veggy World
- Soma Bringer
I saw this at my local used game store for under $10, I asked about it and was told it was a English translated cart. But after I got it home and checked it out it was just in Japanese. Oh well.

PSP
- Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast

XB
- ToeJam & Earl III

PS2
- Sub Rebellion
- 7 Sins

GBC
My local used game store got this in sealed. I talked myself into getting it.
- Bomberman Max Blue Champion

PS1
Been on a kick to complete my PS1 collection seeing I'm now under 20 games to complete.
- FIFA Soccer 2004
- Digimon: Rumble Arena
- Vagrant Story (it was so cheap I picked it up to trade)
- Gundam Battle Assault 2 (again so cheap I had to pick it up as trade bait)
- Zoop
- A-Train
- Space Griffon VF-9
- Silverload

SAT
- Cyber Speedway
- Willy Wombat [JP]

And last a game console I've been hunting for over ten years for. I've only seen this console for sale once before.
- Bandai Super Vision 8000
Now I gotta find a game to play on it lol

« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 10:53:42 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

mrnikon

« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2018, 12:43:33 pm »
Just picked up a Sunnyvale Ca made, Sears Tele-Games six switch w/ channel selector with 2600 with a few games. it has a Rev 1 board and a 77 date code on it with the printout on the RF shield is 99 0830037 and a serial of 56021V

The games I also got Are Plaque Attack, Othello, Freeway, Space War, Indy 500 w/ Driving controllers and Matell's Football. Plus some other games I already had.

tripredacus

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2018, 12:24:17 pm »
Last few weeks.

PC
Commandos 3
Heroes of Might and Magic IV
Pearl Harbor Zero Hour
Microsoft Greetsing Workshop
NHL 08 jewel case version
Army Men II

Genesis
Family Feud (cardboard box)
Jeopardy! (cardboard box)
James Pond 3

SNES
Arcana: the last of the SNES games I had on my WL from when I bought a few empty boxes at a flea market some years ago.

Mega Drive JP
Garou Densetsu (Fatal Fury)

PS2
P.O.D. Payable on Death, it comes with P.O.D. Amplitude demo disc: https://vgcollect.com/item/141393

I may have a few more yet, I have to do some comparisons when I get home.