Author Topic: E3 2018: EA Play  (Read 1809 times)

Re: E3 2018: EA Play
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2018, 06:22:09 pm »
I don't think many people play video games for historical accuracy.

Most don't and they don't play Battlefield for it.  I think most people are blowing the trailer out of proportion and ignoring all the information and big gameplay overhaul the game is actually getting which is making this sound like the series has a lot more depth in it for the first time in quite awhile.  If the trailer was annoying to anyone, just check out Jackfrags videos on Battlefield V, he lays out all the new information and it's really exciting me as a BF fan. 

I'm even interested in the Battlefield Battle Royale mode if they hopefully do some unique stuff with it.  It has potential to stand out.

I think the nearing half a million dislikes in a little over 2 weeks say otherwise.  If you scroll through the comments, you'll find that majority of the community plays the game for historical accuracy and realism.  COD:WW2 also had this problem last year but tidied it up by having a somewhat realistic campaign to save face.   

Sledgehammer had to release statements on this, stressing how multiplayer would be inclusive but campaign will preserve historical accuracy in respect to the war to calm the raging player base,  most of which who do play it for historical accuracy and don't wan't actual wars being skewed by game devs for the sake of pushing modern era political agendas of inclusiveness even if you don't. 

Even if you put historical accuracy aside, which is hard to do with WW2 games, when the game is based on history.... what about realism? That is certainly something most gamers today care about.  People make thousands of videos comparing COD with BF explicitly on the aspect of realism and accuracy,  garnering millions of views.   

I'm all for games not being realistic, they are funner that way.  Same way I like non fiction books.  But label them as such.   Don't have the disrespect to say  "WW2,  the darkest time in human history"  in the description  and have blue man group doing no scopes out of 2nd floor windows with Katana blades on their back.  It was trash.   

Yeah, nobody cares.  ;D     
Then don't buy it

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2018, 06:41:30 pm »
A significant portion of the dislikes were by trolls whining about women and "robot arms".  It got pretty disgusting in the comments early on.  There aren't many being genuinely serious about actual historical accuracy and more than a few were being incredibly inaccurate about the history (Yes, women didn't fight on most frontlines, but were for Russia and were a part of resistance forces).  I'm not acting like DICE isn't stretching things for the sake of more options in the multiplayer, but it's multiplayer.  Multiplayer is the combination of the entire war.  It's not out of place to have an American soldier, using a Japanese gun, in France.  Does having women seriously affect the gameplay at all? No? Then I think people should calm it down abit.  People act like they turned the game into Fortnite and it's just cartoon bullshit everywhere, when it's nothing even close to that.  I've seen the gameplay, the game looks really impressive right now and has me excited for BF for the first time in a few entries now.

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2018, 07:30:49 pm »
A significant portion of the dislikes were by trolls whining about women and "robot arms".  It got pretty disgusting in the comments early on.  There aren't many being genuinely serious about actual historical accuracy and more than a few were being incredibly inaccurate about the history (Yes, women didn't fight on most frontlines, but were for Russia and were a part of resistance forces).  I'm not acting like DICE isn't stretching things for the sake of more options in the multiplayer, but it's multiplayer.  Multiplayer is the combination of the entire war.  It's not out of place to have an American soldier, using a Japanese gun, in France.  Does having women seriously affect the gameplay at all? No? Then I think people should calm it down abit.  People act like they turned the game into Fortnite and it's just cartoon bullshit everywhere, when it's nothing even close to that.  I've seen the gameplay, the game looks really impressive right now and has me excited for BF for the first time in a few entries now.

I agree their were a few trolls like any comment section but for the most part it was genuine concerns and frustrations,  the girl with the robot arm came off as desperate and silly to me as well.  They had to of known it'd be harshly recieved.  It's just agenda pushing for the sake of agenda pushing.  Everything has to be PC.   Nothing can be based in reality anymore.   COD WW2 had girls in the multiplayer and even the campaign without being silly or distasteful.  It was realistic, believable and cool.   COD WW2 had the organic vibe to it.   It was brilliantly done.  COD WW2 wasn't perfectly accurate but it was fairly accurate and inclusive at the same time.  It's a fine balance they did beautifully.

A lot of it is the trailers are wrongly titled to a bad extent and unorganized too.  The reveal trailer as you said is the multiplayer trailer,  the multiplayer trailer is the campaign trailer clearly.  It's just a mess to keep up with.  I think many people are perceiving that as the campaign trailer with the cut scenes and such. 

As a whole though, not all of my gripes are historical accuracy related,  the mechanics, graphics and gameplay seemed a bit bad to me. The saturation was too colorful and sunny in the trailer for wore torn Europe.   It didn't set the dark nature of the war.  The garb was off, the one arm shooting a MG-42 while crawling with one hand.  The way the guns fire. It seems like a COD clone which BF never was before.   It's all just not very realistic.  Seemed hectic and unorganized based on the map as well, if that were a map.   

Much can change by october though,  I just hope the campaign does the war justice.  :)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 07:40:29 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2018, 07:45:18 pm »
It wasn't really actual gameplay.  Just watching all the other footage, the game looks fine.  There's plenty out there now, the game is looking better than it ever has.