Author Topic: Are Member Of VGcollect Starting To Get Angry Or It's Just Me?  (Read 2474 times)

I feel lately some people are starting to get annoyed on the boards lately, and I hope I am not one of the causes. I sense people are starting to reply in an agitated way. Maybe it's what is happening with E3, maybe someone including myself said something or did something uncalled for. Maybe it is a new member, the boards used to be a place where we could all speak our thoughts, maybe something is in the air. I sense some hostility and maybe I should leave for a while.
updated on 5-14-2024 5:30AM (EST)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)
(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)
NO APPS NEEDED
64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage
over 28,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

https://nap.casthost.net:2199/start/Justinangelradio/

(requires Google Chrome or Firefox Edge does not work with this link but other links exist)

desocietas

Re: Are Member Of VGcollect Starting To Get Angry Or It's Just Me?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 07:32:58 pm »
I think it goes back and forth. Everyone gets stress from different places or maybe some people feel like they might be repeating themselves too much because there have been so many new threads happening so often. Sometimes it's slow around here, sometimes it's very fast.

I'm not sure if folks are "angry," but it's also difficult to tell from text-only. It's very easy to lose track of what kind of tone people might have when they're writing.

If I feel like what I'm reading comes from an angry place, I sometimes have to remind myself that we have users here from all over the world and not everyone expresses themselves the same way.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 07:54:46 pm »
No it is generally confined to a few users that shall not be named and I believe it is usually because intent is lost over text.

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 09:38:26 pm »
I feel lately some people are starting to get annoyed on the boards lately, and I hope I am not one of the causes. I sense people are starting to reply in an agitated way. Maybe it's what is happening with E3, maybe someone including myself said something or did something uncalled for. Maybe it is a new member, the boards used to be a place where we could all speak our thoughts, maybe something is in the air. I sense some hostility and maybe I should leave for a while.

E3 brings out a lot of anger in people lol :D.   I have been sad lately because some bad things have been happening in my life.  Which is why I have been posting a little less.  I know I have never seen you post anything bad or uncalled for.   I hope you have a great weekend OldGamerz :).   

telly

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 10:00:19 pm »
For me it's more getting annoyed with people deliberately trying to stir arguments and picking fights with people. Which is not you oldgamerz. :)
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kypherion

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 11:32:53 pm »
I've seen some stuff but I hope I'm not stirring anything. Sorry if I have.

Nickkchilla

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 11:33:39 pm »
No one is angry.

Now shut up and get back to collecting.

desocietas

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 11:43:57 pm »
No one is angry.

hahahhahaha
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2018, 12:04:51 am »
No one is angry.

CAN DO! Seattle Retro Con is this Saturday & I've got a couple months of savings to blow! *mwahaha*

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2018, 12:05:40 am »
thanks for clearing that up everyone :), Have a wonderful weekend everyone and I hope things get better for you Marvelvscapcom2 :)
updated on 5-14-2024 5:30AM (EST)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)
(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)
NO APPS NEEDED
64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage
over 28,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

https://nap.casthost.net:2199/start/Justinangelradio/

(requires Google Chrome or Firefox Edge does not work with this link but other links exist)

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2018, 12:26:38 am »
You want angry? Go to any Gamefaqs board. Aside from the weeb comment the other day, I dont sense any hint on anger around here and no one user is being a slap dick.

Agozer

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2018, 06:14:48 am »
This place is actually one of the more level-headed boards. Now, if you want to see vitriol and "how dare you like the things I don't like" type of individuals, visit GameFAQs. Fun for the whole family.

kashell

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2018, 09:20:00 am »
This site is lucky to have you on here, Oldgamerz. You're cool in my book. Other than seether's trollish and uncalled for "weeb" comment, this place is all good, too.

Just an aside: I'm a regular on three boards on GameFAQs and, luckily, they've become a very close knit group of folks. In fact, one of my best friends is from one of those boards and we hung out a couple of days ago.

But, those aren't the norm for that site. GameFAQs, reddit, etc. are all very toxic on the whole. VG Collect is very, very tame by comparison.

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2018, 12:09:46 pm »
This has been overall the most friendly, harmonious, and welcoming forum I've ever belonged to. I've joined forums where expressing the wrong opinion about something is not met with open, friendly discussion, but getting flamed relentlessly and having all kinds of unsavory labels thrown at you. Since joining this site I can count the amount of disruptive or troll users on one hand, which might be due to the moderators catching them early, but I honestly believe that this site has attracted and retained only the best in the collecting community overall.

In reference to some of the heated discussion over the E3 posts, I think there was definitely a very uncalled for comment made which caused most of the tension, but as for everything else that was discussed I didn't notice it crossing that line into hostile or disrespectful. I really hope that this forum stays this way always because VGcollect has been an oasis in the online video game community, which can often turn very toxic really fast.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2018, 05:47:30 pm »
I say we riot!  Lynch the mods!!!  It’s anarchy!!!

I love this place. It’s been my internet home for something like 6 years. It’s a great place and we (the regular/active members) will keep it that way.

It’s ok to argue a little, but this place is still awesome.