Author Topic: FPS Or Fighter Optional Single Player Arena And Deathmatch Games  (Read 1929 times)

This is a genre I am really into, Multiplayer is better played with both other people but it gets even better in my opinion if you can add bots into the game, just in case you have none to play with. or use the bots as an obstacle  of competition between you and your friend or to gang up on the bots in coop

first off do you like arena based shooters and some fighters  here I can name a few for those looking for something a little different.

(First Person Shooters with arena single player option
1: Red Faction PS2
2: Red Faction 2 PS2
3: Unreal Tournament PS2
4: Quake 3 arena PS2 (don't have it currently)
5: Duke Nukem 64  N64
6: Turok Rage Wars N64
7: Perfect Dark N64

optional 4 player fighting arena games

1: Xena Warrior Princess: Talisman of Fate N64
2" War Gods N64
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 02:01:50 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Optional Single Player Arena And Deathmatch Games
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 05:25:46 am »
Crash Bash PS1 you could in some of the mini games team up against the computers
I imagine you can ally yourself similarly in any Mario Party game, making a pact not to go after each other in the competitive challenges.

dreama1

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 04:30:52 am »
Turok 3, Outrigger, power stone 2.  Not bots but gears of war 2 on wards and halo reach on wards had a survival mode.

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 06:02:11 pm »
I want to give a mention of this PC game that is an arena video game that is really a ton of fun. Called Nerf Arena Blast" it has the Unreal Engine design, and it is like a laser tag arena where fighting the bots are a ton of fun. I like Nerf Arena Blast better then Unreal Tournament for the PlayStation 2 it's got decent music in my opinion.

I like to recommend this first person shooter game, it has rich color and you earn points for winning and unlock more area worlds to play in eventually :)

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

kashell

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 08:02:49 am »
Definitely Power Stone 2. Love that game.

tripredacus

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2019, 09:43:20 am »

Does the PS2 version have a single player? The PC version does not. It is multiplayer or multiplayer with bots. Even if you are choosing the "offline" (or single player option) it still technically created a multiplayer instance to play against the bots.

Regarding Quake 3 on PC, I had beaten all of the levels on Hardcore mode, and beaten all but perhaps three levels on Nightmare. I can recall that the difficulty on bosses did not exactly scale as you would expect, where Anarki is more difficult than Klesk, despite having to fight Anarki earlier.

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2019, 10:22:41 am »

Does the PS2 version have a single player? The PC version does not. It is multiplayer or multiplayer with bots. Even if you are choosing the "offline" (or single player option) it still technically created a multiplayer instance to play against the bots.

Regarding Quake 3 on PC, I had beaten all of the levels on Hardcore mode, and beaten all but perhaps three levels on Nightmare. I can recall that the difficulty on bosses did not exactly scale as you would expect, where Anarki is more difficult than Klesk, despite having to fight Anarki earlier.

I can't remember correctly but I think you can, the main reason why I don't know I haven't play it in a long time, part of the reason why I abandoned it is because my copy is on one of the blue PS2 CD's and I am unsure how long I can play it plus my own copy has a sticker in the middle of it. :(

I also have Unreal Tournament on the PS2 and that game is also on a blue PlayStation 2 disc

« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 10:32:37 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

Re: FPS Optional Single Player Arena And Deathmatch Games
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2022, 01:58:15 am »
Anybody know of any FPS Optional Single Player Arena Deathmatch Games? I am referring to First person shooters with a deathmatch and bot multiplayer option or even a coop bot in a team deathmatch mode or a CTF or other modes that are arena based quick action modes on the fly

Star Wars Battlefront games all 4 games have this option as far as what I read to add to my list

1: Unreal Championship
2: Unreal II: The Awakening
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 02:00:47 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

telekill

Re: FPS Or Fighter Optional Single Player Arena And Deathmatch Games
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2022, 08:14:32 am »
I'm a huge fan of Unreal Tournament with 2004 being my favorite FPS of all time. I was hoping the new one that was in development would eventually hit PS5 but it was canned because of that Fortnite trash.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 09:37:08 am by telekill »

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2023, 02:05:37 am »
I know we already talked about old Arena Shooters on this old thread, But? How about those Arena Fighting games, and when I mean arena fighting games I don't really want to include boxing but maybe a decent wresting video game would do

Xena Warrior Princess - The Talisman of Fate.

is A N64 Cartridge I have both Physically AND now digitally but I don't ever plan on playing the physicals copy ever again. this game is an arena based sword combat game, you also have magic just like in Mortal Kombat by doing a combo with the controller this game allows you a special mode were you can set up 16 fighters on up to 4 different teams and have you and all your Coop Buddies or the CPU all fight to be the last one standing in the arena of doom.

Unlike in a boxing or a wresting game each character is roman empire medieval era based you can even pick Julius Caesar as one of the fighters in the game itself. you can also pick the games best fighter in my opinion Xena. Xena is the easiest to control but all the other fighters are fun to play as too

NO APPS NEEDED

telekill

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2023, 08:29:48 am »
I have Shadow of Rome (PS2). It's a gladiator type game where you can hack and slash people to death. I remember having a lot of fun with it, but haven't played it in over a decade.