Author Topic: Question About Organizing My Collection  (Read 3018 times)

Question About Organizing My Collection
« on: September 01, 2018, 12:26:52 pm »
Hey everyone so quick question. Should I keep my imports separate from the rest of my collection?
Right now my collection is sorted by console. But all my imports are clumped together at the end of every console section. Should I just keep them all together on a separate shelf or just leave it the way it is?

aliensstudios

Re: Question About Organizing My Collection
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 01:45:25 pm »
I keep my imports just like you do and that's the way I prefer since most of the imports I own don't really need any hoops jumped through to play. I guess it depends on how many imports you have though. I only have a handful for some systems, and I like them being alongside the console they released for.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 04:20:23 pm »
I don't have enough imports to justify a separate section, so I just include them in the main library alphabetically, using the romanized title when needed.

aliensstudios

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 04:33:35 pm »
I don't have enough imports to justify a separate section, so I just include them in the main library alphabetically, using the romanized title when needed.
You mean... You mix all of the regions together?

You're a braver person than I. It would drive me nuts.

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2018, 05:27:52 pm »
It would drive me nuts.

And not doing it that way would drive me nuts. Idolmaster starts with I, so it goes with the rest of the "I"s in my 360 library.

aliensstudios

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2018, 08:01:36 pm »
It would drive me nuts.

And not doing it that way would drive me nuts. Idolmaster starts with I, so it goes with the rest of the "I"s in my 360 library.
Is the 360 region free out of the box?

soera

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2018, 08:03:48 pm »
My PS4 games are all together, regardless of its actual region.

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2018, 08:16:44 pm »
It would drive me nuts.

Some games are

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2018, 08:18:35 pm »

No. However, many games are region free or compatible for multiple regions.

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2018, 08:31:27 pm »
I don't have many imports. The ones I have go on the same shelf at the end alphabetically.

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2018, 04:43:58 am »
I don't have import but this is how I organize my collection: first by console, and secondly by genre (fighting games with fighting games, sport games with sport game...). I just find my games quicker this way. You could do the same like separate by console than regions.

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2018, 11:26:27 am »
It would drive me nuts.

https://www.play-asia.com/info/xbox360_compatibility_guide

aliensstudios

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2018, 11:32:17 am »
It would drive me nuts.

https://www.play-asia.com/info/xbox360_compatibility_guide

Hmm... Intriguing. I've been looking to perhaps get into 360 collecting since Xbox is one of the few systems I don't have. Sort of weird how some games are region-free and some aren't.

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2018, 11:50:58 am »
I have an ongoing game of Tetris going on in my cabinets and on my shelves. Action figures, records, cassette- and VHS tapes, laserdiscs, DVDs, blu-rays, comics, board games, and video games and hardware for numerous systems and all regions, all mixed together wherever there's space for it - This is not recommended for an easy overview of your games :)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 12:05:01 pm by medisto »

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2018, 01:32:32 pm »
The only imports i personally own are on systems that dont have any region locking, ie vita, ps4, switch. Those games go right inline with the rest of my collection but  I'm not really into the whole import collecting, the only imports i really have are games that were released as digital only here in the states.