Author Topic: Amazon Market Place question and help  (Read 1476 times)

jcalder8

Amazon Market Place question and help
« on: May 21, 2012, 12:40:32 am »
I am looking at an item on Amazon.com and being in Canada they won't ship to me which is one problem but the other is the condition of the item. Is there any way to contact the seller to check the condition of it?

Thanks

desocietas

Re: Amazon Market Place question and help
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 01:29:01 am »
I am looking at an item on Amazon.com and being in Canada they won't ship to me which is one problem but the other is the condition of the item. Is there any way to contact the seller to check the condition of it?

Thanks

I hate when the seller either puts no information about the condition of the item, the condition description is vague, or the description gets cut off somehow.  It looks like you might be able to send the seller a note by
 clicking on their "% positive" link to view their feedback > "contact the seller" on the right side (under "further information")

I've never tried it, so I don't know if you'd get a response or not, but it's worth a shot.

Is the shipping from US to Canada really that big of an issue?  If not, I'm sure one of us on the forum can help out with getting something to you.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

jcalder8

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 01:54:58 am »
Thanks! I was able to contact him through your suggestion.

scott

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 08:21:44 am »
I've attempted to contact sellers about items before, usually as to if something is a greatest hits or not. I've never gotten a response. Hopefully you have better luck.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

matt

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 09:17:22 am »
I've attempted to contact sellers about items before, usually as to if something is a greatest hits or not. I've never gotten a response. Hopefully you have better luck.

I've done the same. The descriptions on Amazon are always SUPER vague. I usually only buy things new or loose carts that I need.

jcalder8

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 09:31:47 am »
I wouldn't be as concerned if I was just looking at games but I am looking at a couple guides.

soera

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 10:47:43 am »
Ive had pretty decent success on contacting people on Amazon. But for the most part its hit or miss. Sometimes I get instant responses and make deals, other times I dont get a response at all. I actually scored a map for DWIII on GB cause the guy's listed item was the same price as the cart only. I sent him a message and he was willing to sell it seperately to increase his profit on his set.

I will agree with most descriptions ... especially the ones when the seller has 1000s of feedback. Its the same exact description for every item (like saying the codes may or may not be there when its a guide they are selling or box may or may not be included when its a manual only auction).

desocietas

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 10:49:47 am »
I will agree with most descriptions ... especially the ones when the seller has 1000s of feedback. Its the same exact description for every item (like saying the codes may or may not be there when its a guide they are selling or box may or may not be included when its a manual only auction).

Yup, the copy-pasta method irks me.  Sure, you might have thousands of items in your inventory, but that descrip helps no one.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 05:17:14 pm »
About shipping to Canada, a lot of sellers (myself included, from when I still had an Amazon seller account) don't do it because of the tracking requirement. The only way to include tracking is by using Express Mail. And the price on that is ridiculous.

If a buyer from Canada says they didn't get the item, and the buyer can't prove it was delivered, Amazon will deduct the money from your payment account and leave you hanging.

You're better off asking a friend in the US to buy the item and send it to you.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2012, 06:13:52 pm »
About shipping to Canada, a lot of sellers (myself included, from when I still had an Amazon seller account) don't do it because of the tracking requirement. The only way to include tracking is by using Express Mail. And the price on that is ridiculous.

If a buyer from Canada says they didn't get the item, and the buyer can't prove it was delivered, Amazon will deduct the money from your payment account and leave you hanging.

You're better off asking a friend in the US to buy the item and send it to you.

YES...THIS!!!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"