Author Topic: New Nippon Ichi ("Niche" PS3 Pre-orders up)!  (Read 2199 times)

jobocan

Re: New Nippon Ichi ("Niche" PS3 Pre-orders up)!
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2012, 11:11:09 am »
Yup, I did despite the higher price point than I was expecting.
It's really fun. It has some similarities to the Cladun games, but the overall gameplay, leveling and customizing feels pretty different. I say it's worth checking out.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2012, 11:39:03 am »
Yup, I did despite the higher price point than I was expecting.
It's really fun. It has some similarities to the Cladun games, but the overall gameplay, leveling and customizing feels pretty different. I say it's worth checking out.

Yeah, I've read 3 or 4 reviews for Legasista...and they have been 7 to 8 scores.
While I'm glad to hear that, I'm still waiting until I can learn/verify more about, *exactly*, how the combat works.

So far, I've been fine w/ being able to play all of NISA's turn-based RPG's and SRPG's one-handed.

However, from what I've read, Legasista appears to be more of an Action RPG than it does a turn-based one :(

I take it that you've already given it a try then, Jobocan?

If so, what do you think about its 'one-handed' playability?

Also, I'm not aware that it started-out at a higher price-point...how much is it going for?

Thanks!
:)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

jobocan

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2012, 01:33:43 pm »
It's 30$, which I consider high for a downloadable game.

Don't really know about one-handed gameplay though, it's not something I have personal experience with (other than getting my ass kicked at fighting games by a guy who plays with one hand). I think it might be tough since you need all the face buttons and shoulder buttons and both analog sticks (or d-pad instead of the left stick), but again I have no idea.

To describe the gameplay... It's a dungeon crawler in the style of stuff like Azure Dreams, but the combat is completely action-based, kinda like Link to the Past but faster paced.

(note: I hate writing posts on my iPod >_<)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 01:37:01 pm by jobocan »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2012, 01:44:46 pm »
Thanks Jobocan - that's pretty much what I figured.

You're right, though...$30 does sound pretty high.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"