Author Topic: A few things regarding website and forums  (Read 1030 times)

madmax

A few things regarding website and forums
« on: July 30, 2011, 09:43:27 pm »
I think it would be nice to distinguish in our collections if a game is sealed, cib. (I see you have a few checkboxes already)

Different collections would be nice (folders). I collect Final Fantasy games but also have a lot of other collectibles. I don't want those lists to be mixed. Thus far I've only entered my Final Fantasy stuff in.

Quick tags would be fun when posting. What i mean is like a little bold B and when you click on it, it adds a [ b] [ /b] in your post.

A forum section about "Find of the week". I'm sure a lot of you win good auctions or find a bulk of games at goodwill or something. it would be fun to have a section to share that in :)

Ohh and add Wonderswan to consoles ;)

scott

Re: A few things regarding website and forums
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 10:52:44 pm »
I think it would be nice to distinguish in our collections if a game is sealed, cib. (I see you have a few checkboxes already)

I've been mainly just using the notes for this. But maybe there is something we can have pop on for CiB, if all the boxes are checked? Like have it just put a little 100% icon next to it? or something? dunno.

Different collections would be nice (folders). I collect Final Fantasy games but also have a lot of other collectibles. I don't want those lists to be mixed. Thus far I've only entered my Final Fantasy stuff in.

Oh, for full sets of a franchise. That could be nice, for something like my Castlevania collection too. Currently the system only separates games by console. We'd have to see what @matt thinks, and if he can whip something up along those lines.

Quick tags would be fun when posting. What i mean is like a little bold B and when you click on it, it adds a [ b] [ /b] in your post.

Ya... BBcode is borked in this forum, and the only thing that seems to work is good ole HTML. I know nothing about how this forum software works, so that's another thing for Matt. :(

A forum section about "Find of the week". I'm sure a lot of you win good auctions or find a bulk of games at goodwill or something. it would be fun to have a section to share that in :)

Feel free to start a forum post up! The more discussions on here the merrier! :D

Ohh and add Wonderswan to consoles ;)

Noted, I'll remind Matt to add it to the database.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

madmax

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 08:19:29 pm »

Oh, for full sets of a franchise. That could be nice, for something like my Castlevania collection too. Currently the system only separates games by console. We'd have to see what @matt thinks, and if he can whip something up along those lines.

Well see I collect Final Fantasy games. I also pick up every game gear game I can find.  I also have a big stack of videogames.
These are 2 separate collections. My Final Fantasy stuff doesn't belong with my game gear stuff.

So a folder system

[All]   [Final Fantasy]  [Gamegear]  

The "All" folder would have every game I own (FF and GG included). The Final Fantasy section would have games that i have put into this folder .etc If that causes strain, put a limit on how many folders a person can have. The "All" folder being the default one.

scott

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 10:24:50 pm »
Oh I totally get what you mean. Just, I don't do the coding, I'm strictly an admin/graphics/idea guy, haha. Aside from my Saturn collection I also have a couple "franchise collections", though I just consider them a part of my main library.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread