Author Topic: Reviewing RPG's:  (Read 763 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Reviewing RPG's:
« on: October 11, 2012, 03:35:02 pm »
Hey there, fellow "VG-Collectors"  ;)

I've just platinumed the PS3 RPG CROSS-EDGE.
(for the 2nd time now - twice on 2 different PSN accounts).

Now, for those of you unfamiliar w/ this game, IMHO, it is the very *epitome* of:
"The Love-It-Or-Hate-It" game.

Obviously, I land on the "Love" it side --but-- the majority seems to land more on the "MEH" and/or "Hate" it side.

Anyways...on-topic and on to the point of the topic:

I've always known/felt/thought that, and wanted to *Eventually*...someday...write & submit (in this case, to G*FAQ's) a review for a game.

However, this became one of those "I'll do it tomorrow", "I'll do it for the next game", or "this just isn't the *RIGHT*game"..."once that *right* game comes along, I'll *definitely* write it then"  8)

Problem is, I started thinking & telling myself these things 5-6 years ago  :-[

I have a similar thread on another site ---but--- then I thought that: "Hey, there's quite a few RPG fans, players, and experts on VGCollect"...and I decided to re-post it here in order to get feedback, thoughts, ideas, and opinions from those of you here, as well!

Basically, having never written any reviews, I'm nervous and the point of this thread is for you all to help by giving me any "pointers", suggestions, Do's and Dont's, etc...

Thanks-

P.S.

Anyone seen, heard from, been in contact w/ Amauriel and/or Ronalopis?
Seems that I haven't seen either one of 'em around here for a good while...

"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

Re: Reviewing RPG's:
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 04:38:40 pm »
Matt, myself and another friend of our used to run another site dedicated to gaming news and eventually we started posting game reviews. Personally, I just wrote what I felt about the game and made sure to hit on key things like gameplay, graphics/art direction, sound/music, replay. I'd point you to some of the reviews, but I think they were mostly lost when we lost the old host server last Nov/Dec. 

P.S.

I talked to Amauriel a few months ago, and Ron has some pretty major health issue going on. She said she might not be around for awhile because of it, but that she would check in from time to time. I sent her a message checking on how things were going for them a bit ago but haven't heard anything back.  I hope they are doing well.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

Re: Reviewing RPG's:
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 04:43:49 pm »
Matt, myself and another friend of our used to run another site dedicated to gaming news and eventually we started posting game reviews. Personally, I just wrote what I felt about the game and made sure to hit on key things like gameplay, graphics/art direction, sound/music, replay. I'd point you to some of the reviews, but I think they were mostly lost when we lost the old host server last Nov/Dec. 

P.S.

I talked to Amauriel a few months ago, and Ron has some pretty major health issue going on. She said she might not be around for awhile because of it, but that she would check in from time to time. I sent her a message checking on how things were going for them a bit ago but haven't heard anything back.  I hope they are doing well.
Tried the Wayback Archive or Google Cache?

Also, sad to hear about Amauriel and Ronalopis. Hope they let us know how they're doing soon.