Author Topic: New "Idea" / "Feature" for site...  (Read 7665 times)

soera

Re: New "Idea" / "Feature" for site...
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2013, 05:43:15 pm »
I wouldnt object to an interview (Since Im first and all). :)

jcalder8

« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2013, 06:59:11 pm »
I like the question and answer since it would be consistent and then there would never be a bad interview

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2013, 11:52:46 am »
I like the idea of an interview. Now, are you going to call the person? Do it via PM? Some type of chat like on Facebook or something? 
As for questions, I have a few:
Favorite piece?
What got you started?
What keeps you collecting?
Collection focus?

And personal stuff:
Age?
Spouse/kids?
Other stuff you're into
Location?
Address?
Time when no one's home?
Where you hide the spare key?
You know, normal stuff :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2013, 12:08:31 pm »
I like the idea of an interview. Now, are you going to call the person? Do it via PM? Some type of chat like on Facebook or something? 
As for questions, I have a few:
Favorite piece?
What got you started?
What keeps you collecting?
Collection focus?

And personal stuff:
Age?
Spouse/kids?
Other stuff you're into
Location?
Address?
Time when no one's home?
Where you hide the spare key?
You know, normal stuff :)

Good stuff :)

I don't use, know how to use, want to learn how to use, ever intend on using in the future *ANY* types of 'Social' Media and/or Facebook type chatrooms...just don't like anything about that shit.

I guess that different members will have different preferences concerning how they'd like to be contacted/respond to the questions -

Using myself, as an example:  I'd have no problems answering/responding to an e-mail and/or PM's here.

I'd even go so far as (well, at least w/ longer-time members) as being willing to give my phone # and answer things that way...I mean, Hell several people here (that have sent me things) as well as people that I've sent things to; already know where the above-mentioned people live already, anyways  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

tpugmire

« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2013, 04:08:20 pm »
So as it sits right now, I'm leaning toward a conversation style, but also asking a set of basic questions, so there is some uniformity to it. As for how to go about getting the answers, I haven't quite come up with anything yet. Disageniac has a very good point, not everyone will be able to use the same methods of communication. Personally, I think a chat room type is the way to go, rather than phone or email. Those two would of course work if there was no other way, but with a chat, all I need to do is copy and paste, make a few formatting changes, and boom!

Also disageniac, so you don't use Facebook at all?  Not even to follow the beloved vgcollect?
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2013, 04:12:34 pm »
Nah; I'm the type that if I started using Facebook or Tweeting...I *KNOW* in advance that I'd spend Waaaaay too much time doing that shit - time that I'd much rather put towards collecting, and actually *playing* me some video games  ;D

tpugmire

« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2013, 04:18:43 pm »
That's cool, you and my dad are the only people I know that aren't on Facebook. I only check it when I'm at work from my phone. That way I have plenty of time (in theory) for other stuff.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

pacpix

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2013, 07:24:53 pm »
I don't ever plan on getting a Facebook, but I really enjoy Twitter for reading news and stuff.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2013, 09:28:28 am »
I'm going to ask a dumb question. Do chatrooms still exist?

soera

« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2013, 09:58:58 am »
They do but most people dont bother with them anymore. With the option to have conversations on Facebook, people can go there and talk to who they want to without the thought of some perv stalker coming in there to bother them or other stuff like that. No one wants to be on How to catch a predator.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2013, 11:38:51 am »
I was asking, since doing the interviews for this had the option to be on some type of chat.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2014, 12:28:45 pm »
BUMP-giggity for...

...why did we never follow-through with this - Waaaaaaaay more than enough regs now  ;D

tpugmire

« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2014, 02:47:13 pm »
Short answer: I forgot.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2014, 04:11:18 pm »
I might have missed it but is there something like a Members list or something ?
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

soera

« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2014, 09:01:40 am »
Ive just been waiting for Tpugmire to interview me. :D