Author Topic: Adding Details While Adding a New Item To Your Collection  (Read 905 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Adding Details While Adding a New Item To Your Collection
« on: November 08, 2013, 02:00:04 am »
I'm talking about Notes, Case, Manual, etc. It would save a couple steps when adding items to your collection if we could add the notes & details while adding the new game.

Right now we have to add an item, then go into our collection and find the game we just added in order to put the detail notes on there.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 02:05:04 am by burningdoom »

scott

Re: Adding Details While Adding a New Item To Your Collection
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 08:28:45 am »
How are you adding the game to your collection? As in from what page? Because if you go to the actual game's page and hit the add to collection button, it brings up the dialog box to fill in all of those items.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 12:45:55 pm »
^ I type in the game in the search bar. Then I check the box next to the game want. A menu pops up at the bottom of the page that asks if I want to add it to my collection, wishlist, or sell list, I choose which one; and that's it.

desocietas

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 12:48:46 pm »
huh. it does look like Matt's changed something.  it *used* to give you a dialog box with all the info to add in.  Looks like he's taken it out?  Wonder if it's because I said we didn't need that dialog page for the wishlist, but maybe it messed up the "add to collection" button too.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 12:49:00 pm »
I see.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 01:07:16 pm »
huh. it does look like Matt's changed something.  it *used* to give you a dialog box with all the info to add in.  Looks like he's taken it out?  Wonder if it's because I said we didn't need that dialog page for the wishlist, but maybe it messed up the "add to collection" button too.

Maybe it's different when added via "browsing" as opposed to typing it into the search bar...(?)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

matt

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 04:18:00 pm »
The dialog pop with those options only show up when you are on the Item page.

If you are on Browse or Search it simply adds them with no extra data. This is because those pages allow you to select multiple items and I couldn't figure out a good way to handle it.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 07:43:12 pm »
The dialog pop with those options only show up when you are on the Item page.

If you are on Browse or Search it simply adds them with no extra data. This is because those pages allow you to select multiple items and I couldn't figure out a good way to handle it.

I didn't even know you could manage multiples at the same time before now....  >.<'  Well, something new every day right~?