Author Topic: Total Collection Value  (Read 1237 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Total Collection Value
« on: November 08, 2013, 02:01:11 am »
We have price guide values on items now, right? (Thanks, BTW) Wouldn't it be great to know what the total sum of our collections were worth?

scott

Re: Total Collection Value
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 08:36:17 am »
I think that's something Matt is going to implement when he gets our "profile" pages going.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

matt

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 09:17:58 am »
I think that's something Matt is going to implement when he gets our "profile" pages going.

That is correct!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 12:44:33 pm »
Cool beans.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 01:09:55 pm »
Wouldn't it be great to know what the total sum of our collections were worth?

I'm predicting...bittersweet over "great"  :o

It will likely be both *satisfying* -and- *terrifying*; me thinks...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 01:18:29 pm »
Back when our Stats pages were working, I stopped inputing how much I paid for games. Because the total seemed astronomical. I guess having a total of how much our stuff is worth might be a different feeling.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 01:24:02 pm »
Yeah would be cool to know! :)

brunauss

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 01:45:16 pm »
Total value... hmm. Would probably pay for a new car... or at least a used one. Throw in our truly massive music and movie library and we are looking at an upgraded value that pays for a house new or used easily *laughs maniacally*
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 01:54:35 pm »
I really wish I had kept up with how much I've spent.  I could do a rough count, but I have no idea where some of this shit came from.  I swear these things are making babies.  Where else would Donkey Kong Jr. come from? ;D

brunauss

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 02:04:37 pm »
I really wish I had kept up with how much I've spent.  I could do a rough count, but I have no idea where some of this shit came from.  I swear these things are making babies.  Where else would Donkey Kong Jr. come from? ;D

ROFL
SWFL Werewolf Gamer

pacpix

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 05:09:28 pm »
Back when our Stats pages were working, I stopped inputing how much I paid for games. Because the total seemed astronomical. I guess having a total of how much our stuff is worth might be a different feeling.
Yeah same here.  I had inputted the amount I paid on all my games and when I checked the stats page and was shocked to see how much I had paid.  I cleared it all out after that, however it did get me out of the mindset that I need to buy all the games I could find and I started to just buy games that interested me.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 07:40:48 pm »
Keep in mind that the accuracy of this will be quite low....  I have seen very similar condition versions of The Legend of Zelda CIB end up selling for a nearly $40 price gap....  There WILL be a large margin of error, so even if it is a nice feature for milestone tracking and getting rough estimates, take it with a grain of salt....  That being said....  I really look forward to it....

brunauss

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2013, 03:54:54 pm »
For those wanting a bigger and complete picture on individual title values:

http://videogames.pricecharting.com/

Just in case anyone is curious, One of the most famous video games The Legend of Zelda NES was fetching a new price of $999.99 back in May.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 04:10:48 pm by brunauss »
SWFL Werewolf Gamer