Author Topic: Value Increase of Games Lately  (Read 6896 times)

Re: Value Increase of Games Lately
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2020, 11:14:30 pm »
I'm making over $1500 a month selling video games on Ebay over the past three months. Gamecube games are selling for more than I paid for them new. Being paid $75 each for Mario Party 4-7, Zeldas and Resident Evil games has been an easy trade to make. If things in my collection are worth exorbitant prices to people these days I will gladly sell them. Goodbye Chibi RObo! Hello $125! Goodbye PS2 Clock Tower 3! Hello $80! I think I got $120 for my Gamecube Paper Mario, its ridiculous.

I don't need a game room to post pictures of on Reddit to try to validate myself as a human being but I love taking these fools money. All of this stuff can be played via emulators and it looks better and these fools can give me all their money while they brag about their CRT sony TVs! I grew up with that stuff. Good riddance and goodbye suckers! Give me hdmi and HD any day...and all of your stimulus checks!

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2020, 02:17:30 am »
Gamevaluenow works a lot better now- they are still ironing out kinks but it is much more functional than it was a month ago.

« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2020, 02:37:47 am »
I'm making over $1500 a month selling video games on Ebay over the past three months. Gamecube games are selling for more than I paid for them new. Being paid $75 each for Mario Party 4-7, Zeldas and Resident Evil games has been an easy trade to make. If things in my collection are worth exorbitant prices to people these days I will gladly sell them. Goodbye Chibi RObo! Hello $125! Goodbye PS2 Clock Tower 3! Hello $80! I think I got $120 for my Gamecube Paper Mario, its ridiculous.

I don't need a game room to post pictures of on Reddit to try to validate myself as a human being but I love taking these fools money. All of this stuff can be played via emulators and it looks better and these fools can give me all their money while they brag about their CRT sony TVs! I grew up with that stuff. Good riddance and goodbye suckers! Give me hdmi and HD any day...and all of your stimulus checks!
Nothing wrong with selling things for market value, but there’s no reason to be a smug prick about it.
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)

« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2020, 08:43:29 am »
I'm currently downsizing about 10% of my collection at the moment given the huge price increase. Most of what I'm selling are high dollar JRPGs that I'm pretty sure I'll never play, or at least not play for a very long time. Having them did provide some satisfaction, but no where near as much as the money I'd get from them if I sold them at current market value. Currently have about $8000 work of games I'm working on selling, which would be enough to pay my car off and then some at this point.

pzeke

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2020, 07:22:15 pm »
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 01:33:24 pm by pzeke »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

telekill

« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2020, 10:06:42 am »
The current hike in retro games has me opting to move towards the Everdrive cartridge for my Game Gear quicker. I was wanting a handful of other games in my Game Gear collection such as Micro Machines, but it's hard to find a copy in America for sale and when you can find one, it's now upwards of $70-$150. Gets to be a bit much.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2020, 11:39:40 am »
The current hike in retro games has me opting to move towards the Everdrive cartridge for my Game Gear quicker. I was wanting a handful of other games in my Game Gear collection such as Micro Machines, but it's hard to find a copy in America for sale and when you can find one, it's now upwards of $70-$150. Gets to be a bit much.

I know there's certain exceptions, but for the most part Game Gear games are pretty dang cheap.