Author Topic: The Toy Collectors  (Read 41923 times)

pzeke

Re: The Toy Collectors
« Reply #150 on: December 31, 2020, 09:39:14 pm »
These came in the mail today; the last pick up of the year...

I pretty much came across these back in October while searching for the NECA TMNT figures on Walmart, which at first I wasn't that into, but eventually caved in and pre-ordered them. Not much to say, really; they look cool, with Shredder still looking as "derpy" as ever.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #151 on: January 04, 2021, 08:13:26 pm »
I was initially holding off on getting Power Rangers, because I kinda missed out grabbing them when they first released, so if I couldn't get Green and White, I wasn't really wanting the rest as much, but Hasbro restocked both towards the end of the year so I jumped on them.  Probably gonna grab the others whenever I can get them on a good sale down the road as I don't want to spend full price on them.  I also grabbed Pumpkin Rapper on clearance the other day, though not sure if I'll keep that one or not.

« Reply #152 on: January 04, 2021, 10:54:51 pm »
I'm building quite the NECA TMNT cartoon collection.  I got the Splinter v. Baxter set and Android Krang figure over the weekend.  I kinda love their Baxter and Krang is hella impressive.

« Reply #153 on: January 05, 2021, 02:20:55 am »
I'm building quite the NECA TMNT cartoon collection.  I got the Splinter v. Baxter set and Android Krang figure over the weekend.  I kinda love their Baxter and Krang is hella impressive.

A buddy just got me the Turtles in Time Leonardo for Christmas.  I'd probably have a bunch of the Turtles, but I really don't want to start a new collection lol

Also these Lightning Collection figures are great.  I've only really been collecting Hasbro figures for the past few years, mostly Star Wars Black Series, which are generally quite limited, either from old design or because they got a lot of armor, and the few Legends I have sorta fall in line with that, and the one GIJOE Classified I got was Snake Eyes, though unfortunately it has bum leg and waist joints so it's too floppy for good posing.   With the Green and White Ranger though, their sleek design and good articulation make for a super quality figure.  Like I never thought I'd get it so Tommy looks like he is actually using the flute dagger.  It almost makes me want to get Lord Drakkon and the Ranger Slayer along with the rest of the team, even if they are comic creations.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 06:05:31 am by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #154 on: January 05, 2021, 08:28:53 am »

A buddy just got me the Turtles in Time Leonardo for Christmas.  I'd probably have a bunch of the Turtles, but I really don't want to start a new collection lol

Yeah, I'm limiting myself to just their TMNT and Back to the Future lines, with only a couple of the horror figures.  Otherwise I'd be dropping entire paychecks on them.

« Reply #155 on: January 07, 2021, 07:52:10 pm »
One of the things I got for Christmas was a little nanoblock set for a pair of chihuahuas. I had never really got any of these before as I always felt Lego was enough and I had heard about how finnicky these could be. But since I had a set now, I figured I should at least get a recommended set of tweezers for them and because I don't want to get a tweezers for just one set, I ordered a few more sets. Well, I had fun building them, and the tweezers really do help, so I've ordered more.
So far I've made these:

Hard to believe that that castle is 500 pieces. Between what I built, the castle is the favorite, followed by the dogs, and finally the characters. The characters at that size are just so fragile; Usopp just falls apart if you so much as breathe on him (so technically in character). They also wind up looking a little too Funko Popish for my tastes.

I've also got a Gyarados and a Eva Unit 01 waiting to be built too. The Eva Unit's box is also designed to be able to be converted into a display stand, so that's really neat.

pzeke

« Reply #156 on: January 07, 2021, 10:23:07 pm »
Not my cup of tea, but the castle does look nice. And I agree, the characters do look a tad like miniature Funko Pops.

When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.

« Reply #157 on: January 30, 2021, 09:43:47 am »
Finally found a movie TMNT set in wild myself!  Got the Splinter / Shredder 2-pack at Walmart yesterday.

« Reply #158 on: February 05, 2021, 02:18:03 pm »

A very good morning.  I posted a image of the restock on Reddit, and someone pointed out they had the BttF Doc Brown, and I'm tempted to go back and get him, too.

« Reply #159 on: February 05, 2021, 04:41:21 pm »
Nice, a friend told me that the Super 7 Ultimates Leonardo was back in stock on BBTS and that it would probably be pretty hard to find after this, so I grabbed him for my collection of Leonardo's as I'm pretty sure this one and the NECA movie Leonardo are the two best ones out there, though I still need to get a NECA movie Leonardo.  Should get my Super7 Leo by next week.

« Reply #160 on: February 22, 2021, 08:20:39 pm »
The new TMNT Loot crates were announced, and crate #1 is gonna have Danny from the TMNT movie.

Crate #2 is Agammon from Tournament Fighters, 3 is some kind of Shredder variant from the comics, and 4 is Don as Batman.  There's going to be a bonus Scrag, if you (like me) pre-order every box.

pzeke

« Reply #161 on: March 02, 2021, 01:06:38 pm »
I haven't been actively looking for new stuff, but I got these recently while out and about...

I like the last one a lot given I'm quite fond of the poster for Godzilla vs. Biollante, which also happens to be one of my favorite Heisei era films.

« Reply #162 on: March 02, 2021, 01:30:39 pm »
I actually just watched Biollante for the first time last night.  Definitely had a good time with it, and I also love that poster.

« Reply #163 on: March 17, 2021, 07:35:39 pm »
While I'm not the biggest DC comics fan, there's stuff I enjoy, but it's mostly just Batman I'm into and I actually don't have a Batman toy, there weren't a whole lot I was super interested in but this whole Dark Knights: Metal/Death Metal thing going on with DC is pretty badass, so I had to grab the Death Metal Batman with scythe.  The guitar variant was kinda cool, but I didn't like how goofy it was (Apparently it's Plastic Man lol), especially with the red, so I went with the scythe version and I'm actually gonna try to see if I can find a 1/12th scale guitar I might like to have him jamming out.  I might also grab the McFarlane Arkham Knights Batman as that one also looked good.  I had an issue with some of McFarlane's early designs for this line being a tad wonky, but I saw that one at Best Buy today and I might go back to grab it.

« Reply #164 on: March 19, 2021, 12:13:03 am »
Finally added something to my Nendoroid collection after quite some time. Picked up a Hermione and a Cuddle Team Leader. Now they're having a standoff on my shelf:

Also, Amazon had a bunch of the Dragon Stars figures for at least half off as a Deal of the Day, so I picked up a Piccolo, 1st form Frieza, and SSJ4 Vegeta. They haven't arrived yet though.