Author Topic: The Toy Collectors  (Read 41946 times)

Re: The Toy Collectors
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2019, 09:54:26 pm »
It's been a pretty big Godzilla week.  First Godzilla: King of the Monsters released, I watched it again, loved the hell out of it and I also got the NECA Godzilla V2 in.  His joints are a tad wonky unfortunately, he stands a little weird and his hip/upper body joint is abit lose, but it's not the end of the world.

Also with that, I bought some little mini vinyl figs from a comic shop, with the bigger size ones for scale.  The mini figures are like 3" roughly.

Also saw that Books A Million got the Vinimates figures in, though only this one, I had to order the other two online and waiting on the other two exclusives in October.  Normally I wouldn't buy these types of figures, they are along the lines of a Lego mini-fig or Funko Pop figure, but I like their design enough.

And then yesterday I realized I should've just bought the un-evolved Shin godzilla with the others that were available, so grabbed the adorable little monstrosity.  Turns out size wise, he might be fairly close in scale to the actual sizing next to the 6" NECA Godzilla perhaps.  Maybe a little under-sized, but sorta close.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 09:56:43 pm by kamikazekeeg »

Flashback2012

« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2019, 07:36:22 pm »

LEGO Minifigures Series 19 just came out. Pretty good assortment of characters this time around. Really surprised to see the Monkey King.  I picked up a few packs from GameStop and got the Fox Suit one, the Black Panther looking bounty hunter and the Explorer guy wearing the fedora.

azure

« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2019, 02:46:59 pm »

Couple of pieces I just received. Marking Plus Ver. of Koto's Liger Zero model and the SH Figuarts of Ultraman based off the Manga/Anime design.

« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2019, 06:41:46 pm »
Another day, another Godzilla toy.  Got two more of these I'm going to try and grab in October from a local comic shop that are exclusive to a Halloween event.

Along with that is the Overwatch toy I've been waiting for, which is Zarya, best character.  I don't really play the game anymore, but getting a legit Zarya toy that isn't a funko (I have the Zarya Funko), is nice and it's really good looking.  I feel it happens a lot that a figure doesn't match up to the original material, but this is good.  Probably the only one I'll grab, though Brigitte is a possibility and I'd love Reinhardt, but he's a tad bit of a pricey boy.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 09:01:58 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2019, 08:52:58 pm »

My current stranger things collection so far.  Not sure why the pic is so blurry :(  Baskin Robins Steve and Eleven vs Demo and Steve vs Demo are on another wall.  Not sure why the pic is so blurry.  I'm getting a few signed soon.   Been way more heavy into pops than games lately.  Maybe this thread is where I can share my hauls :).   I think pops are kinda toys.

I love stranger things pops.  :D

mark1982

« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2019, 01:48:13 pm »

Couple of pieces I just received. Marking Plus Ver. of Koto's Liger Zero model and the SH Figuarts of Ultraman based off the Manga/Anime design.

Awesome pick ups, really nice Koto Liger! ;D I haven't seen ZOIDS in years. I recently saw the normal Takara Tomy ones and it sparked an interest again... but no space or time...

I always liked the reptilian or insect worm types. I saw the Catalga and wanted it to get it but hesitated...

SOOO TEMPTIIIIING!! So fun to build and use model kit pens to do the final touches.

l    l 

Flashback2012

« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2019, 02:47:55 pm »

Every time I scroll past this picture I can't help but think this monster has to go poop RIGHT FREAKIN' NOW.  :o

« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2019, 12:03:31 am »
Made a few new additions to my retro Star Trek & Star Wars collections:

Also got a couple more nendoroids to add to the collection:

azure

« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2019, 02:11:04 am »

Awesome pick ups, really nice Koto Liger! ;D I haven't seen ZOIDS in years. I recently saw the normal Takara Tomy ones and it sparked an interest again... but no space or time...

I always liked the reptilian or insect worm types. I saw the Catalga and wanted it to get it but hesitated...

SOOO TEMPTIIIIING!! So fun to build and use model kit pens to do the final touches.
Yes! Looking forward to getting this guy built. I had a bunch of the old Hasbro kits back in the day when it was airing, good stuff.

jsoup

« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2019, 03:11:41 am »
Did some storage clearing, looky what I found.

tripredacus

« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2019, 09:39:08 am »
I have started on a reorganization of the toy room. Planning on limiting the scope by quite a bit. Managed to move the bed in a certain way to maximize wall space. I will have room for three more floating shelves at the most, so I have just a couple more things to get. The single shelf above the bed will be for misc items, but the rest are all planned out. I will take some pics in the coming month when I get some progress made.

mark1982

« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2019, 11:53:54 am »

Yes! Looking forward to getting this guy built. I had a bunch of the old Hasbro kits back in the day when it was airing, good stuff.

I caved.. I couldn't stand it anymore! ;D After seeing Zoids back in retail and your post of Liger it sparked my interest and childhood again. What has it been, 20 plus years maybe?

Picked up a few - Catalga (Worm), Gusock (Isopod) and Kabtor (Rhino Beetle) along with some Tamiya Hobby Paint and Weathering kits...

I feel like I have dug a very deep grave and it's only gonna get worse :P. Limited time, responsibilities, work, I'm never gonna get these done with the paint. But they're just too cool to pass up.

l    l 

azure

« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2019, 01:41:33 pm »

I caved.. I couldn't stand it anymore! ;D After seeing Zoids back in retail and your post of Liger it sparked my interest and childhood again. What has it been, 20 plus years maybe?

Picked up a few - Catalga (Worm), Gusock (Isopod) and Kabtor (Rhino Beetle) along with some Tamiya Hobby Paint and Weathering kits...

I feel like I have dug a very deep grave and it's only gonna get worse :P. Limited time, responsibilities, work, I'm never gonna get these done with the paint. But they're just too cool to pass up.

Haha, that's awesome! I feel you on the time management with life front, I haven't even got to touch Liger yet. Keep me updated with some pictures when you get around to getting them built, I've not done a lot of weathering myself but seems like it would look great on the Catalga for sure.

mark1982

« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2019, 10:59:29 pm »
Haha, that's awesome! I feel you on the time management with life front, I haven't even got to touch Liger yet. Keep me updated with some pictures when you get around to getting them built, I've not done a lot of weathering myself but seems like it would look great on the Catalga for sure.

Finally got done with the Catalga with paints and weathering, took a while but I did take my time, heh :P Had a blast building it and adding in the hobby paints and details.

Really great to build and add the motor and watch it come to life, super glad to re-discover ZOIDS. ;D

Time to build the others!

l    l 

tripredacus

« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2019, 09:54:18 am »
I could never do something like that. It looks really nice.