Author Topic: The Toy Collectors  (Read 41964 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: The Toy Collectors
« Reply #105 on: September 11, 2020, 10:16:48 pm »
To add since I've been reorganizing my toy collections, also I don't think I showed off this stuff before or not, at least not in this thread, here's some of my other stuff.  Got a game toy shelf with an assortment of stuff of I've picked up.  The other shelf is a Dragon Ball shelf, with some of the older Movie figures that I direly need more of, a couple action figures, some of the model kit figures, and a couple games I got.  And then a small collection I started in the past year is Legends, but I'm not trying to get a lot of these, just some characters I like, I love armored Iron Man suits, and since beating Avengers recently, I want to get the team as they are released.

Amazing. That is awesome.

« Reply #106 on: September 12, 2020, 02:45:58 pm »
Got the April + Foot Soldier cartoon 2-pack at Target today.  Still absolutely zero luck at Walmart.  Local stores don't even look like they even put any out.

I've put my sister on watch, as well as a few different family members around the country.

I've now got:

Shredder and Krang
April O'Neil vs. Foot Soldier (Bashed)
Casey Jones vs. Foot Soldier (Sliced)

Casey Jones vs. Raphael (Disguise) which she picked up down in Florida.  Should be dropping it off this weekend.

A Jose Canseco bat?  Tell me you didn't pay money for this?

« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 09:34:55 am by Cartagia »

« Reply #107 on: September 16, 2020, 07:49:28 pm »
It's weird that for how many Star Wars Black Series figures I have now (Which is too many), that I didn't have a single Boba Fett, my original Star Wars love.  He was the epitome of style over substance, fitting into a long line of characters like that (Master Chief, Doom Slayer, etc...), but his design was always so good and finally I have him.  It just took awhile for them to re-release him, but now I got him and I'm happy.  I'll post a new picture of my Star Wars shelf once I get it setup as figures keep toppling over and it's getting annoying lol

« Reply #108 on: September 16, 2020, 10:33:54 pm »
And finally got my shelf put back together.  This is all the Star Wars Black Series I got and I don't have plans for too much more.  I know there's a couple I'm missing like a Sand Trooper from the original series, and I do have two more on pre-order right now with the Beskar Mando and Mandalorian Super Commando and the Mandalorian Armorer was leaked, but there isn't too much else I super need or want.  Like if they put out a Republic Commando I'm there, and I'm sure there's gonna be something from the new Mandalorian season I want, but I'm pretty happy with this collection right now.

I would love a new Boba Fett with completely redone modeling and articulation.  The one I just got is nice visually, but you can tell its based on the older Black Series designs as it's kinda stiff and awkward to pose and will have a regular paint job as this is the Kenner colors.

« Reply #109 on: September 17, 2020, 09:13:22 am »
So, I gotta ask, what are your thoughts on the Black Series Child?  People online are losing their shit over it, because it's so small, but that's precisely why I love it.

However, I do think they should drop that price point on it.

pzeke

« Reply #110 on: September 17, 2020, 10:23:49 am »

Looks like a Christmas ornament.

Seeing as the figure is 1.1/1.2in, I think they could have easily packed it in with another figure in the series. This thing is currently the talk of the town, so I'm not surprised with the move.

Anyway, I know the question wasn't directed at me, but just wanted to chime in.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #111 on: September 17, 2020, 07:36:17 pm »
Size wise, it's totally fine, it's meant to be in scale with the other figures and I wouldn't want it any other way.  Price wise, 10 bucks is definitely over-priced, probably should've had the hover cart with it too, and it probably should've just been put with another figure, but it is also an issue of Hasbro likely not even knowing about the character till the show came out.  There was no way to put it with the original Mandalorian release and the Beskar Mandalorian is coming out around now, so it made sense to release it on its own at the time it came out.

Seeing that the more reasonable price would likely only be a few bucks difference, it's really not much to fuss over.

*EDIT*
Just got shown this toy, but apparently this is some more kid friendly toy line they are doing, but it comes with a child and hover cart that is almost exactly in scale with Black Series.  I'm very much considering grabbing it if I can find it at it's normal price just for that lol

« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 07:49:16 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #112 on: September 27, 2020, 11:50:33 pm »
Finally added more to my vintage Star Trek Collection this last week:

This puts me at about 130 sealed figures. Though I still have around 70 figures to go before I have the entire lineup.

« Reply #113 on: September 28, 2020, 12:02:33 am »
Finally added more to my vintage Star Trek Collection this last week:

This puts me at about 130 sealed figures. Though I still have around 70 figures to go before I have the entire lineup.

Damn that's a lot of figures.  Do you have them displayed or in storage? Because that's a hell of a lot of figures lol

« Reply #114 on: September 28, 2020, 02:20:50 am »
I've got them on display on shelves:

I wish I had enough space in the house to show off everything rather then having them stacked deep on the shelves. But as I don't have infinite space, my core display shelves go to the Lego and Nendoroid collections, as they're a bit more aesthetically pleasing. Though it is a pipe dream to set aside enough to properly remodel my gaming room and library room into a proper, unified presentation instead of just accumulating shelves piece by piece.

« Reply #115 on: September 28, 2020, 02:43:32 am »
My favorite thing I've seen for how people deal with boxed stuff like this in these kind of amounts for boxed figures, is to make their display look like store shelving, where it's got the bottom and top shelves and then the middle is all hangers, so it's like you are walking into a Toys R Us or something.  It doesn't really make it easier to see stuff, but it's such a good look if you can get like legit store shelves from like a closing business for it. 

Cool collection though, there's a part of me that digs packaged stuff like this, but I also love to pose and have characters standing around in different poses and kinda mingling together, which is why I stick with loose more.

I forgot to post this here when I took it, as I was doing it for a Godzilla group I'm in, but I took the time to setup the nearly complete collection of NECA Godzilla's.  This is every regular figure (Though Rodan is not shown, because it has loose wing issues that I only fixed today, and I haven't opened my 8 Bit Godzilla, it's still in the box), and all the poster boxes they've made as they had to shut down after losing the license to Playmates, which is such a shame as the Biollante and Tokyo SOS Godzillas are up there as some of the best they've done to me.  The only figure I don't own out of the NECA line is the 24" long 2014 release of Godzilla, which I'll try to buy some day, as I'm hoping to find it when I get back to going to the flea market or conventions, as it's not a very pricey figure loose, maybe 30 to 50 bucks which is very reasonable.

I redid my whole Godzilla collection after I did this picture, so I'll post up a new shot of that eventually as there's a couple details I have to finish in regards to how I display the boxes and getting all the figures to fit lol

Flashback2012

« Reply #116 on: September 28, 2020, 12:28:55 pm »
I've got them on display on shelves:

I wish I had enough space in the house to show off everything rather then having them stacked deep on the shelves. But as I don't have infinite space, my core display shelves go to the Lego and Nendoroid collections, as they're a bit more aesthetically pleasing. Though it is a pipe dream to set aside enough to properly remodel my gaming room and library room into a proper, unified presentation instead of just accumulating shelves piece by piece.

Looks like a vintage toy store!  ;D

« Reply #117 on: October 14, 2020, 09:56:24 am »
Really been going crazy on the NECA turtles lately.  I need to get some kind of glass display case so I can keep them out of the box.

« Reply #118 on: October 21, 2020, 08:32:32 am »
More NECA Goodness.  Apparently they are both kind of hard to find.

pzeke

« Reply #119 on: November 11, 2020, 11:23:30 am »
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 08:51:02 am by pzeke »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!