Author Topic: Studio Ghibli movies ranked  (Read 7300 times)

kypherion

Re: Studio Ghibli movies ranked
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2019, 02:38:17 pm »
I haven't seem them all so I can't properly rank them, but I thoroughly enjoyed My Neighbor Totoro, Castle in the Sky, Howl's Moving Castle, and Nausicca of the Valley of the Wind. I especially remember vividly watching Totoro many times when I was younger, I loved that film. The same applies for Castle in the Sky, I was so captivated with their technology, town, and Laputa. One day I want to own all the Studio Ghibli films :)
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2019, 05:55:05 pm »
I went to see Nausicaa again last night and I have to say that I liked it a lot more the second time seeing it. Not that I ever didn't like it, but I remember thinking it was just okay the first time I saw it a couple years ago during the first Ghiblifest back in 2017. You can definitely see how Nausicaa influenced a lot of later Ghibli movies, particularly Princess Mononoke, which happens to be my favorite Studio Ghibli movie. I'd say this one is definitely at least number 9 on my list, beating out Arrietty.

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2019, 10:39:16 am »
I didn't realize there were that many. Thanks for the list.

1) Princess Mononoke ranks number one with me. It's the only film I watched with my parents that gave them this child-like look in their eyes. They were mesmerized. I've never seen that in them before and I will never forget it.

2) Spirited Away

3) Howl's Moving Castle

Sadly, I haven't seen the other ones. I do have a few of the others on Blu-Ray. Just haven't watched them yet. Great post!