Author Topic: Category/Platform Requests 2.0  (Read 37605 times)

dhaabi

Re: Category/Platform Requests 2.0
« Reply #135 on: March 04, 2021, 12:52:34 pm »
PlayStation [CN]. There are over 95 entries currently added to the database with many more to come.

PlayStation [KR]. I believe approximately 5 entries for these items have been added to the database so far. In time, I'll add the remaining items. There seem to be 16 identified items within this category.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 10:45:55 am by tripredacus »

tripredacus

« Reply #136 on: March 05, 2021, 10:42:46 am »
PlayStation [CN]
https://vgcollect.com/browse/ps1cn
Moved the Front Misson game into here already.

PlayStation [KR]
https://vgcollect.com/browse/ps1kr
Added Strikers 1945 II
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 10:46:27 am by tripredacus »

tripredacus

« Reply #137 on: October 18, 2021, 11:43:51 am »
The following actions have been done by Admin.

renamed Cougar Boy [SA] sub-cat in Mega Duck cat to Cougar Boy [BR]
renamed TI-99 [NA] sub-cat in Other cat to Texas Instruments TI-99
renamed Sega Game Gear [KR] sub-cat in Sega Game Gear cat to Samsung Handy GamBoy [KR]
renamed Sega Game Gear [TW] sub-cat in Sega Game Gear cat to Sega Game Gear [CN]
renamed Commodore 64 Cartridges [AU] Abbreviation from Commodore 64 Cartridges [AU] to C64 Carts [AU]
added Atari 2800 [JP] Abbreviation to Atari 2800 [JP] sub-cat in Atari 2600 (VCS) cat

tripredacus

« Reply #138 on: November 11, 2021, 11:17:15 am »
jjfly had been our most active Vtech user but he has not been on the site inawhile... hope everything is ok.
Without having his feedback, I do not know if this is still something that people want to get done or not. It is on my project list to handle, so would like some feedback on it.

Back on VTech, how would a new category and an arrangement like this look? Items with + would be new creations.

VTech
+ VTech InnoTab
- VTech MobiGo
+ VTech Socrates
+ VTech V.Flash
+ VTech V.Reader
- VTech V.Smile
+ VTech V.Smile Baby
+ VTech Hardware
+ VTech Accessories

Using 1 shared cat for all VTech hardware and all VTech accessories across all VTech consoles, and having cats for each console game type.

zappman

PRO Supporter

« Reply #139 on: November 12, 2021, 08:21:40 am »
jjfly had been our most active Vtech user but he has not been on the site inawhile... hope everything is ok.
Without having his feedback, I do not know if this is still something that people want to get done or not. It is on my project list to handle, so would like some feedback on it.

Back on VTech, how would a new category and an arrangement like this look? Items with + would be new creations.

VTech
+ VTech InnoTab
- VTech MobiGo
+ VTech Socrates
+ VTech V.Flash
+ VTech V.Reader
- VTech V.Smile
+ VTech V.Smile Baby
+ VTech Hardware
+ VTech Accessories

Using 1 shared cat for all VTech hardware and all VTech accessories across all VTech consoles, and having cats for each console game type.

Referring to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V.Smile
Several variants of the V.Smile console are sold including handheld versions, or models with added functionality such as touch tablet integrated controllers or microphones. The V-Motion is a major variant with its own software lineup that includes motion sensitive controllers and has Smartriges designed to take advantage of motion-related "active learning". The V-Motion and Smartridges however are fully backwards compatible with other V.Smile variants and V.Smile Smartridges, and a V-Motion Smartridge can also be played on V.Smile console or handheld, albeit with limited functionality.
and
V-Motion
A newer variant of the V.Smile is the V-Motion Active Learning System (Model 788), introduced as a sort of low-cost, educational alternative from VTech to the popular Wii with its built-in controller accelerometers that detect movement. The V-Motion system is not as advanced, but includes a Wireless, motion activated joystick that is righty/lefty adaptable. The controller can be tilted in a direction to achieve a result on the screen, rather than using the traditional joystick directional control. Dodging things or moving left and right with the controller can inspire the player to physically engage in games. It won the National Parenting Center's Seal of Approval for 2008, and the Creative Child 2008 Seal of Excellence.

Therefore, I would like to see a  new creation "VTech V.Smile V-Motion"

tripredacus

« Reply #140 on: November 12, 2021, 09:52:08 am »
OK I will move it up my list of projects. Still might be a little while. ;)

Added request for Admin to create a VTech cat and move the two existing VTech sub-cats from Other into the new cat.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 10:54:42 am by tripredacus »

« Reply #141 on: December 06, 2021, 04:49:34 pm »
Not a Category or Platform but since Ratings are in the original post, could we add the RARS? A lot of these ratings can vastly differ from other regions.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 04:51:19 pm by nathan776 »

dhaabi

« Reply #142 on: December 06, 2021, 05:04:11 pm »
Not a Category or Platform but since Ratings are in the original post, could we add the RARS? A lot of these ratings can vastly differ from other regions.

There was a recent conversation in The Rating List thread about the consideration for new ratings to be added which can be seen below.

Instead of adding more rating options now, it may be better to update how this feature functions entirely before adding what is missing. The chief concern with the dropdown menu in its current state is in regards to how accessible the menu's UX is. The existing matter only worsens when you realize that the current dropdown menu options are missing a lot of ratings. Adding them all or even some only creates a messier menu. Generally, the missing options aren't needed for most of what VGC's current users add to the database or collect for themselves.

The same concerns have previously been echoed relating to the Developer and Publisher dropdown menus as well.

At this point I'd rather not add additional ratings until ratings can be reworked. I say this because I feel that all of these missing ratings (that are in this thread) should be something we could select, but also that adding them all into the drop-down list may be super annoying, especially since it would then space them out and most people are only using ACB, Cero, ELSPA, ESRB and PEGI options. Secondary to that is probably ClassInd.

If there is a better way to select ratings to put on entries then I would do it, but really would like to wait until a better way is determined.

Do we have a request to add SMECCV to the ratings list in the DB?
Would it be reasonable to request 2 drop downs?  1st dropdown is rating board, 2nd drop down is rating.

A bit more strict, but could also limit rating board options by region.  CERO isn't an option for NA, PEGI not an option for JP, ESRB not an option for EU, etc.

There is a lot of crossover in rating levels but not quite enough, besides having 2 drop downs as plain without any checks could result in incorrect combinations being selected. And it is not definite that ratings aren't available in other countries. The ideal way would be to limit initial rating selections to a region, and then allow the choice of additional ratings if the one you want to add is not listed. This would entail being able to set a region or country ID to a category, as well as to a rating. We can brainstorm about ways to accomplish it.
It would be a dynamically linked list.  First dropdown selection populates second dropdown's possible selections.

ie. selecting ESRB in the first drop down would then populate the second dropdown with possible ESRB ratings only.

« Reply #143 on: February 03, 2022, 07:08:52 am »
Request for a Nintendo eShop (Switch) BR Platform please.  :)

it was released on December 7th 2020
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 07:11:43 am by angryvanio »

tripredacus

« Reply #144 on: February 03, 2022, 10:10:25 am »

Are the games on that platform localised or different from the US eShop?

« Reply #145 on: February 03, 2022, 12:13:39 pm »

Are the games on that platform localised or different from the US eShop?

they are different from the US version. Release Date, ClassIND, Game name plus other things all different from the US version
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 01:00:33 pm by angryvanio »

tripredacus

« Reply #146 on: February 07, 2022, 02:04:13 pm »
OK the category is created. It is here but will show 404 error until an item is created
https://vgcollect.com/browse/eshopswitchbr

I couldn't find an item to create. When I try to visit the Brasil eshop website no pictures or text load.

« Reply #147 on: February 07, 2022, 02:22:58 pm »
OK the category is created. It is here but will show 404 error until an item is created
https://vgcollect.com/browse/eshopswitchbr

I couldn't find an item to create. When I try to visit the Brasil eshop website no pictures or text load.

thanks, I'll start registering my games now, and expand our database  :)

jason

« Reply #148 on: February 11, 2022, 06:21:49 am »
Completed these requests:

Ratings to be added
- rename ACB M15+ (Australia) to ACB - M15+ (Australia)
- add ESRB - E-E10+ (US / Canada)
- add ESRB - E10+-T (US / Canada)

Rename/Move/Remove actions still required (Can only be done by Admin) :
- rename Sega Master System [KR] sub-cat in Sega Master System cat to Samsung GamBoy / Aladdin Boy
- add VTech cat
- move VTech MobiGo sub-cat from Other cat to VTech cat
- move VTech V.Smile sub-cat from Other cat to VTech cat

« Reply #149 on: April 18, 2022, 10:36:51 pm »
forgive me is this is not the correct thread, and please point me in the direction of where i must:

i just recieved my physical copy of strife veteran edition for switch (via LRG) and i wanted to put it in my collection but i only find the digital edition. i know LGR published (and distributed) games are here because i have the rest in my database.

those on the know, can you add this version to the overal database?