Author Topic: Category/Platform Requests 2.0  (Read 38028 times)

tripredacus

Re: Category/Platform Requests 2.0
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2020, 10:55:15 am »
OK so then the system doesn't have its own platform then? Itchi.io is just a place for PC games and just happens to have the Spectrum ones. I don't think we should add a category for that site specifically. We already don't have a category for download games for any of the old systems as it is. It isn't like this is the first time you could download a game for the Spectrum. World of Spectrum and SPA2 (speccy.org) are old time Spectrum download sites. Not to mention we have no coverage of demoscene archives for Spectrum or any of the other micros.

tripredacus

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2020, 10:42:30 am »
Create Atari 2800 category:
https://vgcollect.com/browse/atari2800jp

An Atari 2800 [JP] category already exists, however it was malformed. Will have to move all the items from the old cat to the new one.

Created the following Mac categories from first post:
create Apple Macintosh [EU] sub-cat in Apple Computers cat *
create Apple Macintosh [JP] sub-cat in Apple Computers cat *
create Apple Macintosh [NA] sub-cat in Apple Computers cat *

« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2020, 02:59:58 am »
I request there to be a platform added for the V.Smile console. Currently it is under Hardware [NA] and there are more than 30 games for the console that are simply put in the Other category.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 03:02:44 am by tolozen »

tripredacus

« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2020, 09:38:17 am »
I request there to be a platform added for the V.Smile console. Currently it is under Hardware [NA] and there are more than 30 games for the console that are simply put in the Other category.

Shall we name it Vtech V.Smile? Do you consider V-Motion to be V.Smile items and they can go into such a category?

« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2020, 08:21:39 pm »

Shall we name it Vtech V.Smile? Do you consider V-Motion to be V.Smile items and they can go into such a category?
Honestly, I don't think the V-Motion should be part of the same category, but whatever makes it easier for you. I doubt too many people will see that as an issue, and it is definitely better than what it is now. The name of the console is V.Smile, Vtech is the company, so take that as you will for how to name the category. I am a new user so I don't know the category naming conventions.

tripredacus

« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2020, 09:52:45 am »
VTech V.Smile sub-category created:
https://vgcollect.com/browse/vsmile

sub-cat is set for games, but consoles can be moved into this section. V-Motion can go into it as well.

Flashback2012

« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2020, 09:26:11 am »
Since we're talking about VTech, I'm surprised that the VTech MobiGo doesn't have it's own category. Can we add it?  ;)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 10:15:50 am by tripredacus »

telly

« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2020, 09:39:12 am »
Small renaming request, but could the three Pokémon Mini categories be renamed to have the accent in the name?

I wonder if they should just be one category at this point haha
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

tripredacus

« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2020, 10:16:19 am »
MobiGo category created:
https://vgcollect.com/browse/mobigo

Cat/sub renames can only be done by Admin, put into first post.

tripredacus

« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2020, 10:50:25 am »
All pending category rename/delete actions have been completed by Admin.

telly

« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2020, 05:43:42 pm »
Can we split the Strategy Guide section into at least an [NA] [EU] and [JP] section? I just made a listing for this guidebook and I feel like they should be separated by region

https://vgcollect.com/item/179564
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 06:32:31 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

tripredacus

« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2020, 09:00:37 am »
One thought about category requests that I've recently had after re-organising the Arcade section. Most of the time users who make a request for a category alteration, it seems to just be a throwaway request. Good hearted request for sure. The point I am getting at is, OK if we decide to split the category up, is the requestor going to be doing the work to move the items into the correct/new categories?

I ask this because that typically doesn't happen. There were a half dozen empty categories in the Arcade section we ended up deleting a couple weeks ago. The items in the old Mac section never got moved into the new Apple Mac consolidation categories that were requested. There are still C64 floppy disk games in the C64 Cassette [NA] category.

The answer from me is, yes we can make new categories to split Strategy Guide, but it will end up being in a messy state if no one is willing to do the work to move the items around. And we understand that reworking a general category is quite time consuming because you'll have to be researching almost all of the entries to make sure they are correct and/or if they need to be moved.

« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2020, 04:54:23 pm »
Not sure if this has been asked yet- can we get a new console category for the Evercade? Currently it's listed under Hardware[NA] with the games under Other. I submitted an edit to Hardware[EU] since, while available at North American Amazon, the unit is mainly distributed from England & has everything rated in Pegi.

I think an Evercade[EU] category is in order, so the games can be attached directly to it. With 10 cartridges available now & 4 more announced, I think it's got enough support to warrant it's own slot!

tripredacus

« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2020, 09:43:18 am »
Other\Blaze Evercade
category created
https://vgcollect.com/browse/evercade

« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2020, 11:51:54 pm »
Other\Blaze Evercade
category created
https://vgcollect.com/browse/evercade

Looks good- out of curiosity though, is there a reason for the Evercade still being listed under 'other' as opposed to having its own unique category (like, for example, the Nintendo Switch or the Atari Lynx)? Just curious what the criteria is.