Author Topic: Category/Platform Requests 2.0  (Read 38134 times)

dhaabi

Re: Category/Platform Requests 2.0
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2020, 09:02:55 pm »
Sure, but that's a change in the media type. An admin can correct me if I'm wrong, but categories in the DB are split by platform, then further differentiated by media type (disc, cartridge, digital, floppy disc, cassette, etc.) All PSVR games are either disc or digital, and all are played on the PS4 console, so another category isn't necessary. They would just go in PS4 disc or digital. It's about the format the data are on.

This isn't exactly the place to ask, but since my question is directly related — is then completing a PSVR item listing best done by adding in details to the Description field to provide others that PlayStation VR and its accessories are required or compatible to play?

tripredacus

« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2020, 09:53:11 am »
It is.

Sure, but that's a change in the media type. An admin can correct me if I'm wrong, but categories in the DB are split by platform, then further differentiated by media type (disc, cartridge, digital, floppy disc, cassette, etc.) All PSVR games are either disc or digital, and all are played on the PS4 console, so another category isn't necessary. They would just go in PS4 disc or digital. It's about the format the data are on.

This isn't exactly the place to ask, but since my question is directly related — is then completing a PSVR item listing best done by adding in details to the Description field to provide others that PlayStation VR and its accessories are required or compatible to play?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2020, 12:16:16 pm »
Could we get "Compilation" added to the genre list when submitting a game?

tripredacus

« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2020, 09:53:41 am »
Compilation is refering to data contents, rather genre is refering to the work itself. I don't think it is correct to put Compilation into that list.

tripredacus

« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2020, 11:44:57 am »
Created Apple Macintosh [AU] sub-cat to Apple Computers cat.
Moved all the Mac games out of the old categories and into the new categories.
Merged dupes
Deleted iPhone games
Put the old categories into first post requesting deletion, afterwhich also to delete the Mac category.

« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2020, 11:06:08 am »
Would it be possible to add a new categories and subcategories for Vtech and Leapfrog consoles and games? There's quite a few scattered around mostly in Hardware section, but some of the Vtechs have separate category. There's no games for things such as LeapTV, at least I don't find it, but I'll be going to find a few that I have. It requires doing a bit of research, but I find some threads about them here on forums and on other sites, but I can help if you need help naming the categories. :)

tripredacus

« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2020, 09:56:38 am »
Where are the games located? Other? Need specifics.

« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2020, 02:31:22 pm »
Where are the games located? Other? Need specifics.

The games are indeed in https://vgcollect.com/browse/other/7 – there are some LeapFrog Didj, Leapster and LeapTV releases, I don't know if thy are region restricted or not, I got two shrink-wrapped copies of LeapTV games and no console to try of, but I guess I can do some research.

The leapster consoles I put in https://vgcollect.com/browse/hardwareeu long time ago but I didn't add my games yet. There are LeapFrog consoles in https://vgcollect.com/browse/hardware/2 too

For Vtech consoles there's https://vgcollect.com/browse/mobigo and https://vgcollect.com/browse/vsmile for games and consoles – @jjfly seems to show some interest in the Vtech consoles so I guess why they have the categories, but it would be nice if they could get a new main category and potentially split into the games and console cateogry especially following the wonderful research done https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,10889.msg178451.html and https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,10907.msg178683.html :)

tripredacus

« Reply #83 on: August 25, 2020, 11:04:33 am »
Requested categories for LeapFrog. We can create a sub-cat in other for LeapFrog to put all LeapFrog items into. As a for now, as I am still not sure how many releases some of these systems have, also whether or not there are international or variants that exist. Basically, I won't want to create a category for something that could only have 4 entries in it, such as V.Baby under VTech.

Regarding V.Tech, we can create a new cat for VTech and move the two sub-cats in other into it. With a look like so (but not complete, need specific requests)

VTech
- VTech MobiGo
- VTech V.Smile hardware
- VTech V.Smile [NA]
- VTech V.Smile [EU]

For now, the reason for not splitting out MobiGo is because there is less than 1 page in the existing MobiGo category.

Updates
Admin completed the following last night.

deleted PC [Asia] sub-cat from PC cat.
deleted Apple Macintosh Classic [NA] sub-cat from Mac cat.
deleted Apple Mac Classic [EU] sub-cat from Mac cat.
deleted Apple Mac OS X (Intel) [EU] sub-cat from Mac cat.
deleted Apple Max OS X (Intel) [NA] sub-cat from Mac cat.
deleted Apple Max OS X (PowerPC) [NA] sub-cat from Mac cat. .
deleted Mac OS X [JP] sub-cat from Mac cat.

deleted Mac cat

renamed CP System III Cartridges sub-cat to CP System III Carts and CDs

renamed Sega NAOMI cartridges Abbreviation from Naomi [JP] to NAOMI Carts
renamed Sega NAOMI 2 cartridges Abbreviation from Naomi 2 [NA] to NAOMI 2

moved Strategy Guide sub-cat from Other cat to Swag cat.
moved Magazine sub-cat from Other cat to Swag cat.

Flashback2012

« Reply #84 on: August 25, 2020, 11:48:17 am »
Still not a fan of "Swag" as a category. Since it includes Strats, Magazines, Comics, Toys, Trinkets and the like perhaps it could be renamed "Publications, Notions & Novelties" or is that too long?  :P

tripredacus

« Reply #85 on: August 25, 2020, 12:02:13 pm »
I'm not fond of the term myself. It is kind of like "Artifacts" which in the toy collecting communities used to refer to all of the non-toy related products that existed like lunch boxes or coloring books or whatever. That term seems to have gone away for the most part, and "swag" is just the modern equivalent.

Merchandise would be more appropriate.

Even so, I do not think all of the sub-cats in Swag need to have the "Swag - " prefix. Magazine and Strategy Guide do not, but they were just moved into that section.

And also, a thought just occurred to me. Now that Magazines and Strategy Guides are present in there, should we split/rename the "Print Media" sub-cat? Such as change Print Media to "Books" and create a new sub-cat for comics?

realpoketendonl

« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2020, 06:36:39 pm »
Sorry if this has been requested before, but how about a category for the Epic Games store? I can't seem to find one, and considering there are categories for Steam and GOG it just seems appropriate if you ask me.
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

tripredacus

« Reply #87 on: August 26, 2020, 10:13:05 am »
Sorry if this has been requested before, but how about a category for the Epic Games store? I can't seem to find one, and considering there are categories for Steam and GOG it just seems appropriate if you ask me.

Not going to happen. If anything, Steam and GOG should be merged into PC Digital Downloads.
Rather would have only 1 category for all digital PC games, and to be able to tag sources to each entry.

tripredacus

« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2020, 09:54:39 am »
Admin renamed Pinball to Pinball Machines.

« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2020, 09:09:01 am »
I see we have Xbox Series X categories.  Can we get those renamed to Xbox Series given that that is the designation?