Author Topic: Category/Platform Requests 2.0  (Read 37602 times)

telly

Re: Category/Platform Requests 2.0
« Reply #105 on: September 28, 2020, 11:35:36 am »
New category for 1 entry?

ACB M15+ has been added by admin.

The CN category has several TW titles that need to be moved also. Some titles have TW in the name already.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

tripredacus

« Reply #106 on: September 28, 2020, 12:10:42 pm »
How many are we talking about? (inluding ones not created)
All of the TW games should have [TW] in the title if they exist in that category. Considering there are only 4 pages for that cat, it is less than 100 items. I don't see a reason to create a new category for TW games at this time and just keep them in that category.

telly

« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2020, 12:48:34 pm »
There are almost 30 of them. That's plenty to put in it's own category.

Plus it's not consistent with all the other TW categories in the DB. We have TW for all the other modern platforms. I don't understand why it's such a big deal to make a category for them just because "there aren't enough games for it". We don't have a rule that says we need X number of games for a platform to have it's own category, and we preemptively made TW categories for PS5 and Xsex which have 0 games in it.

I'll move them all over myself too if that will convince you.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

tripredacus

« Reply #108 on: September 29, 2020, 09:20:28 am »
Nintendo Switch [TW] created: https://vgcollect.com/browse/switchtw

tripredacus

« Reply #109 on: September 30, 2020, 11:30:15 am »
Back on VTech, how would a new category and an arrangement like this look? Items with + would be new creations.

VTech
+ VTech InnoTab
- VTech MobiGo
+ VTech Socrates
+ VTech V.Flash
+ VTech V.Reader
- VTech V.Smile
+ VTech V.Smile Baby
+ VTech Hardware
+ VTech Accessories

Using 1 shared cat for all VTech hardware and all VTech accessories across all VTech consoles, and having cats for each console game type.

telly

« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2020, 11:46:28 am »
I'm not sure if it's been suggested elsewhere outside of this thread, but has the genre Compilation been put into consideration before? There are so many entries that would benefit from such categorization than what many of them have now as Other.

I think this was brought up a few months ago.

I don't think compilation is a genre, because that word doesn't describe a game's gameplay/artistic style, etc. like the other genres do. I don't think compliation games should have "other" in the box either. It should be left blank until the system could be updated to include multiple genres in that box.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

pzeke

« Reply #111 on: September 30, 2020, 03:35:55 pm »
At the end of the day, a compilation title is just one title no matter how many games it has, so adding the amount of games it has to a collection's item total is mere fluff. If by any chance having them counted is important, then adding that title to your collection based on the amount of games the compilation has could be an option. Like for example, Taito Legends 2 has somewhere around 30+ games, so add Taito Legends 2 30+ times to your collection. Quite unnecessary if you ask me, but hey, we all rock our boats however we want.

Perhaps entries for compilation titles could have a list of the games included in them for the sake of keeping those entries as informative as possible to any user that sees them. Note that this is actually something that I've pondered about a few times before, so might as well bring it up while it's fresh.

In the meantime, whatever games a compilation title may have could be included in the description box—I personally have done this before with demos. Otherwise, I echo telly's post: compilation isn't a genre.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #112 on: October 03, 2020, 07:33:12 am »
Back on VTech, how would a new category and an arrangement like this look? Items with + would be new creations.

VTech
+ VTech InnoTab
- VTech MobiGo
+ VTech Socrates
+ VTech V.Flash
+ VTech V.Reader
- VTech V.Smile
+ VTech V.Smile Baby
+ VTech Hardware
+ VTech Accessories

Using 1 shared cat for all VTech hardware and all VTech accessories across all VTech consoles, and having cats for each console game type.

I'll try to dust off my consoles to see if I can help on that, though I don't have many of it :P

On other matter Pokemon Mini Hardware should be renamed to Pokémon Mini Hardware same as the games are.

tripredacus

« Reply #113 on: October 05, 2020, 12:44:23 pm »
Yes, all items in the db for Pokemon should have the é in the name.

telly

« Reply #114 on: October 19, 2020, 01:32:12 pm »
Request for ESRB rating E-E10+ to be added

Example game: https://vgcollect.com/item/28904
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

tripredacus

« Reply #115 on: October 22, 2020, 10:50:31 am »
Added Tangerine Oric sub-cat to Other cat.
Added Commodore 64 Cassettes [AU] to Commodore 64 cat.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 11:48:10 am by tripredacus »

dhaabi

« Reply #116 on: October 24, 2020, 05:45:19 pm »
Sony is to be releasing 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray movies as the PS5 4K Movie Essentials line. I'm not sure if this is a temporary change to promote upcoming sales of the PlayStation 5, a permanent change, or a small set of pre-determined items.

At the same time, I'm not sure if items like these would be considered items meant to be cataloged in VGC's database since they're not exclusive to being utilized with PlayStation 5 hardware, but I figured I would at least raise awareness of them.

tripredacus

« Reply #117 on: October 26, 2020, 10:41:34 am »
Although I suspect that this is not the purpose of this category, they would end up going into "Promo movies/videos"
https://vgcollect.com/browse/swagvideos

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #118 on: December 23, 2020, 04:29:43 pm »
When would it be time to move the Interactive DVD's and DVD Games out of the subsection 'other', and into their own subcategory "Interactive DVD"
but still in the main section: "Other"?
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

tripredacus

« Reply #119 on: December 25, 2020, 10:20:42 am »
When would it be time to move the Interactive DVD's and DVD Games out of the subsection 'other', and into their own subcategory "Interactive DVD"
but still in the main section: "Other"?

Perhaps we can allow them to be in the Swag videos category, since that category has moved well beyond only having promo videos in it.