Author Topic: What TV/Netflix show are you currently watching? (Megathread)  (Read 59793 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: What TV/Netflix show are you currently watching? (Megathread)
« Reply #165 on: October 26, 2020, 02:49:09 pm »

Just watched The Boys S2 this weekend.  It's really good.  It's nice to see superhero media get kind of railed.

Good grief! I freaking loved that show. I’m ready for season 3.
It was such a crazy twist on the squeaky clean super-hero stories

« Reply #166 on: October 27, 2020, 03:59:53 am »

Finally got around to finishing Ash vs Evil Dead, the 3rd season, I left it on the second season, but figured it was to end it.  It's goofy, bloody, and fun.  I'm so bummed they didn't get a 4th season, it took a crazy turn and I was all for it lol
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 04:03:46 am by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #167 on: October 28, 2020, 10:38:22 am »
I really dug the show as well.  I don't think it ever got as good as season 1 again, but it was always a blast.  It's also the first thing I remember seeing Samara Weaving in, who is fast becoming an "it girl" in Hollywood.

« Reply #168 on: November 02, 2020, 03:12:23 pm »
Doctor Who Season 12 is fun.  I'm starting to get the feeling that the people that have been dismissing the Chibnall / Whittaker era as "dumb" and "illogical", etc. have never actually watched Doctor Who before.  High art it has never been.

Rick and Morty Season 4 finally up on Hulu.  An utter delight.  I liked that went back to being a bit more fast and loose and just having a blast all the time.  It felt like it was kind of disappearing up its own ass in Season 3.

Final season of Mr. Robot was finally put up on Amazon.  It's really, really good, but I was not in love with the finale.  The idea is good, but it gets way too dragged out once it's obvious where it is heading.  The show still never quite hit the highs of Season One, but still well worth watching.

Watched the German sci-fi series Dark on Netflix.  What a mindfuck!  It was really incredible.  The last season gets a little too bogged down in plot at the expense of the characters, but it was still really good.  Big recommend for sci-fi fans.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 06:58:38 am by Cartagia »

« Reply #169 on: December 03, 2020, 01:48:54 pm »
Lucifer - binged watched from S1 and up to date at S5 pt 1.

« Reply #170 on: December 14, 2020, 05:26:11 pm »
I'm well passed the midpoint of my rewatch of The West Wing.  I finished Season 4 and checked out a couple of episodes in Season 5, and I can really tell the difference with Aaron Sorkin being gone.  That said, I had forgotten just how great the first couple of seasons are.

Finished up the second season of Murder, She Wrote.  It's a great show just to have on in the background while working.

tripredacus

« Reply #171 on: December 15, 2020, 12:04:56 pm »
Started to watch the Heroes show. Never seen it before. Pretty cool show.

« Reply #172 on: December 30, 2020, 01:16:46 pm »
Season 5 of The West Wing.  Man that post-Sorkin drop-off is incredibly noticeable when viewing the season as a whole.  It has become less about the characters and more about the plot.  It's not awful, but it is definitely not as good.

Animaniacs (2020).  This is fine?  The first few episode were very hit or miss, but it seems to find its footing in the back half.  The Pinky & the Brain segments are probably stronger overall, though I do miss the other side-characters - there is one sketch that addresses some of it beautifully and is wonderfully bizarre, but they don't follow-up on it.

Manhunt: Unabomber.  Too much invented melodrama.  It's like they didn't trust the show to be interesting without inventing some overly obsessed agent and downplaying the involvement of Ted's family.  It's not bad, but feels like a missed opportunity.

« Reply #173 on: December 30, 2020, 01:27:58 pm »
Me and Mrs Cosmos are half way through Season 4 of Vikings on Amazon.

I have absolutely loved this show so far...perfect blend of violence, politics and the odd naked person.
Beaten: 210   Backlog: 7

pzeke

« Reply #174 on: December 31, 2020, 09:18:04 pm »
I've been slowly catching up with Supernatural since I fell off the show after the eleventh season; I've been meaning to catch up with the series, but always put it off, until recently given all the hubbub surrounding the finale and all the dissatisfaction and what-have-you. I want to close the book, so to speak, so thankfully TNT has been airing the show on loop for the longest time now, although I'll have to go elsewhere for the final season.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #175 on: January 01, 2021, 10:41:29 am »
Big Mouth Season 4.  I love this weird, disgusting, hilarious little show.

The Ripper.  Tight four episode doco series about the Yorkshire Ripper.  I was pretty unfamiliar with this case, so this filled in a lot of missing information there.

Archer Season 11.  A pretty good return to form.  The coma seasons were fun, but felt like they were missing something.  Seems like they found it.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 05:02:26 am by Cartagia »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #176 on: January 03, 2021, 02:57:38 pm »
Late to the game, but watching Cobra Kai. So good I sat there and watched 9 episodes in a row!

« Reply #177 on: January 04, 2021, 02:21:09 am »

Well, getting HBO Max for Wonder Woman 84 wasn't the best idea, but I am using this opportunity to catch up on some shows I missed out on.  I just got through Westworld Season 2, having originally watched the first season back around when it aired and I liked it back then, the second season...maybe not as much? I had heard folks weren't happy with the series after the first one and I can sorta see why, but it's also abit of a thing where the show would sorta lose me in spots and I wasn't 100% on board the whole time.  How the show handled certain parts could be a little hard to follow, and I guess what I want to see more out of the show was all the different park mixture.  The system is falling apart and we see that there are other parks and all of that mixes, and we get some of that, but it's a small part of the show as the story is about a whole lot else, which is fine.

I am gonna start into Season 3, see where the story is going, the future tech world could be interesting since I am in a Cyberpunk mood.

« Reply #178 on: January 12, 2021, 09:24:50 am »
Started watching Alice in Borderlands, this is really good.

« Reply #179 on: January 17, 2021, 04:06:13 am »

Ended up binging the first season of Cobra Kai and really digging it.  I don't have much attachment to the old Karate Kid movie, I liked it as a kid who was into karate/kung fu films, but I never really went back to it, but building the show around the bully from the movie who's life went to shit afterwards and it's about him bringing the Cobra Kai dojo back, trying to make up for his past failures.  I was actually not entirely sure about the story, if they were saying if the methods Johnny is taking is actually bad or not, like he's always portrayed as an asshole, but where it goes by the end worked very well and I'm definitely gonna keep watching.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 04:07:53 am by kamikazekeeg »