Author Topic: What TV/Netflix show are you currently watching? (Megathread)  (Read 59791 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: What TV/Netflix show are you currently watching? (Megathread)
« Reply #285 on: May 05, 2022, 03:49:56 pm »
Star Trek day, today!

We get both Star Trek: Picard's season finale today, and the premiere of the all-new Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, which tells the adventures of the original Enterprise before Kirk became captain.

I'm pretty excited.

What did you think of the rest of Picard season 2?  I think it still managed to put together a pretty solid story all around, even though it could have stood to have either A) jumped timelines one more time or B) have been 2-3 episodes shorter.

I still have yet to watch the finale. But so far I feel that it was amazing for the first 3 episodes, then kind of fell into a bit of a slump (though still enjoyable).

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #286 on: May 06, 2022, 11:05:16 am »
Yeah, the Star Trek Picard finale was kind of meh, too. And I have questions:

1. How does an immortal, omnipotent being die? It would be nice if they explained that.

2. If The Borg were already on Earth in 2024, then why were they clueless about Earth and The Federation in Q Squared?

But how about that Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, huh? That felt like they were getting back to the feel of what Star Trek used to be. Good stuff.

« Reply #287 on: May 06, 2022, 11:33:28 am »
Yeah, the Star Trek Picard finale was kind of meh, too. And I have questions:

1. How does an immortal, omnipotent being die? It would be nice if they explained that.

I do wish they went more into depth with Q in general.  I think it is furthering the "evolution" of the Q that started in Voyager, but they didn't really link it well enough.

2. If The Borg were already on Earth in 2024, then why were they clueless about Earth and The Federation in Q Squared?

My understanding is that the "Borgati" were a different faction and not related to the main collective.  They went around legitimately saving the "lost" of the universe.

« Reply #289 on: May 10, 2022, 08:03:30 pm »
Third season of Mr. Mercedes is better than the second, but struggles with two separate storylines - one from the books (pretty great) and one that isn't in the books at all (really bad).

Finally got to start a rewatch of Barry since the new season started.  Season one is even better than I remembered. And I loved season one.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 08:13:38 pm by Cartagia »

« Reply #290 on: May 15, 2022, 06:13:02 am »
Raised by Wolves Season 2 - I liked the first season more, felt more dire, more intense to me, though the second season expanded on more of the mystery of the planet, which is interesting enough.  Don't know if I'll continue on with I assume an eventual third season.

Peaky Blinders Season 1 - Random watch, but it's a good one, solid early 1900's based crime drama, Cillian Murphy is great in the lead.  I also started into season 2, which started off a little wonky, because they killed off a prominent character from the first season off screen and there was a two year time jump, sorta felt like something was missing at first and the story kinda bounces alot so it almost feels directionless, but there is a coherent story here.  It's still good, but I wonder if this show had some big rewrites or something for the second season that made it abit jarring.

« Reply #291 on: May 17, 2022, 08:59:52 am »
Season 2 of Barry is just as good as, if not better than, the first.  So glad the new season is finally here, after almost 3 years.

« Reply #292 on: May 23, 2022, 04:56:42 am »
Castle was a guilty pleasure of mine, it's a pretty formulaic show but the on screen chemistry between Fillion and Katic is what makes it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #293 on: May 23, 2022, 01:51:04 pm »
The Halo series looks great, but man I'm struggling with the story and the lack of action. I'm gonna finish it since there's only 1 episode left, I'm midway episode 9. But give me some Spartan vs Covenant battles!

« Reply #294 on: May 25, 2022, 10:55:40 am »
Disenchantment, Part 4.  Still a fun, entertaining show, but always just kind of slips from my mind after each release.  I do really like how it sets itself apart from the other Groenig shows with a nasty mean streak and violent tendencies.

The first two episodes of Obi-Wan Kenobi are pretty solid, with biggest issue being that the child character is just a skosh too precocious, and that the second epiose has some really shoddy green screen / StageCraft on the main planet it takes place on.

Atlanta - Season 3 is weaker than the first two, but there's still nothing on TV quite like it.  Really incredible stuff.

Our Flag Means Death - This is so much damn fun.  It feels like a live action kid's show but made for adults.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 06:47:02 pm by Cartagia »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #295 on: June 05, 2022, 07:20:28 pm »
I started watching season 4 of Stranger Things. But then quickly realized I had forgotten a lot since it had been so long. So now I'm starting over at the beginning.

« Reply #296 on: June 07, 2022, 09:14:12 am »
The Boys Diabolical S1 - wow. No words. The super power ability to control turds, anyone?

« Reply #297 on: June 07, 2022, 12:01:14 pm »
Finished 'The Last Kingdom' season 5 and now on Vikings:Valhalla on Netflix. :)

gngtiger

« Reply #298 on: June 07, 2022, 04:11:16 pm »
STRANGER THINGS SEASON 4 VOLUME ONE IS EPIC OMG

tripredacus

« Reply #299 on: June 08, 2022, 09:39:00 am »
I did not watch Stranger Things until just over a week ago, and I binged the entire series and am now caught up. Now the pinball game makes so much more sense.