Author Topic: What is your favorite soda/pop? (New Coke is Back in Limited Supply)  (Read 3739 times)

Hello everyone :)

For everyone who is nostalgic of their childhood and all the immortalized memories of those saturday summer nights, irradiating neons glow your skin as you stand outside your favorite mall blockbuster store with your friends renting that New Contra Cart after waiting weeks.  The smell of the fresh plastic surrounding you and the cheesy pop songs you hated at the time but act as a staple that holds the binding of the book that is your life together.  Little jewels of yesteryear that make you smile in ponder of all those great time.  All those late nights up during summer vacation with your friends taking turns passing the NES controller with the cricket chirps encompassing the background as the moon turned into a sun as you slept on the couch with your favorite can of soda still fizzing the next morning.

Although they are very unhealthy, nothing quite captures the feeling of teenage carelessness and fun like the memories of your favorite soda pop can. Cracking open a crisp can of New Coke while you lived life their was no tomorrow as only a child can.  From Crystal Pepsi to Surge to Mellow Yellow.  Their are so many different flavors and so much to choose from. It can be quite elaborate.

I wanted to let everyone know that New Coke from 1985 is back in extremely limited quantities.  Not sold in stores and is exclusive to the Coca Cola store in a awesome stranger things retro 4 pack.  It's fittingly 19.85 with free shipping.  I highly reccomend it for the fanatic of 1980s lure and to recapture the memories you have associated with it.   It comes packaged in a nice little black box and the cans are wonderful replicated to pay homage to the originals.   Not only that, they have actually remade the exact New Coke formula.  So it's not just regular coke in a new coke retro can.  It's actually a chance to drink real new coke. :)

https://www.cokestore.com/new-coke-and-stranger-things-1985-limited-edition-collector-s-pack/

I have bought 2.  I drank one and saved one for collecting.  The cans are already getting pricey as scalpers are taking them.  So I wanted to give everyone a chance. 

But with that said I move on to the meat and potatoes of the post :D

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SODA

Here is my all time top 5 :)

1. Baja Blast Mountain Dew (Taco Bell)

Before I get into it, I want to say that I can't have caffiene.  So it basically eliminates this option completely.  If I drink caffiene I can go into a shock and have major panic attacks.   Which is a testiment to how delicious this elixer of the gods is.  Because I still drink it lol.  It's just so delicious.  So flavorful and so vibrant and colorful.  It tastes fantastic frozen and even makes an incredible float with vanilla icecream.  It's versatile and fun.  I love everything about Baja blast.

2.Caffeine free Diet Pepsi

As stated, I am very concious of my weight and also can't have caffiene.  So caffeine free diet pepsi is really a saving grace for me.  It is delicious enough to make any meal taste good.  It gives you the effect of a yummy soda.  But with none of the draw backs.  It's a really great diet soda. 

3. Tropical Berry Sprite

Delicious sprite, has a lot of sugar and calories. But it's so great. 

Coca Cola Classic

I mean, what can be said.  It's Coca Cola.  It's literally as iconic as just about anything.  Not my first pick.  But sometimes you just simply need a classic coca cola in glass.  It's very nostalgic.  :)

5. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper is the best tasting diet soda imo.  It doesn't lose much when put into diet form.  It still tastes great.  It's got such a unique taste that I haven't found anyone who can describe it.  It's just Dr. Pepper lol.  It's so amazing. 

What is your favorite effervescent black liquid that fizzes?   :D

Re: What is your favorite soda/pop? (New Coke is Back in Limited Supply)
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 05:19:11 pm »
I love soda, the only things that fizz I don't like is Bud Light and carbonated  sugar free water. I live on cola and mountain dew and tea, it's what I do to keep alert when I'm playing a video game, great topic by the way
MarvelvsCapcom2  ;D

if I ever want an alcoholic beverage I would go for a wine cooler, in which tastes very much like soda does in most cases, but it makes me sick

But I can drink soda all day I like all kinds of soda pop.

But that old stuff I heard rumors they use cocoa leaf powder in the old cokes even of the 1980's
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 05:26:59 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 06:23:23 pm »
Sprite and Orange Crush

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 07:02:10 pm »
1.cherry coke love this stuff
2.mountain dew
3.mountain dew whiteout
4.coca cola
5.mello yello
Any of these will do nicely.

stealthrush

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 07:31:47 pm »
1. mountain dew code red
2. mr pibb xtra
3. cherry pepsi / cherry coke
4. dr pepper
5. iron beer

more recently I discovered moxie 'the original elixir', and fell in love.

aliensstudios

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2019, 09:22:07 pm »
I'm a Pepsi man myself. No pun intended.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2019, 10:28:51 pm »
stopped drinking soda over 10-years ago; that's shits bad for you yo!

But before I quite I was a huge coke drinker. In elementary and middle school I used to drink probably 3 cans a day on average. Sometime during high school I transitioned to just drinking Sprite and drank that almost exclusively until I quit all Soda in the late 2000s.

dreama1

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2019, 09:30:53 pm »
Water, it's a new brand.  I think one bad habit is bad enough.

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2019, 10:07:03 pm »
stopped drinking soda over 10-years ago; that's shits bad for you yo!

But before I quite I was a huge coke drinker. In elementary and middle school I used to drink probably 3 cans a day on average. Sometime during high school I transitioned to just drinking Sprite and drank that almost exclusively until I quit all Soda in the late 2000s.

Water, it's a new brand.  I think one bad habit is bad enough.

Soda numbs both my mental and some of my physical head ache pain, I will admit the soda does make most people chubby, at least people like me. I'm on a lot of medication, and I drink soda while gaming because it helps me stay awake I simply can't play well without sugar and caffeine.

(history lessen information on a documentary I watched not to long ago about the Coca Cola Company)

original 1800's coca cola had cocaine in the main ingredients. then they stopped putting large amount of cocaine into the drinks a long time ago.

today's regular Coca Cola is simply made with small cocaine amount just for the zip and taste (but not as much)

When the 1980's coca cola company stopped putting in all traces of cocaine people I heard were vary upset, a first and acting vary strangely in revolt against Coca Cola I think. 

new coca cola is basically coke with no more traces of cocaine. In which failed in the 1980's because it does not taste the same as the older coke did
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 10:10:08 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2019, 09:42:28 am »
I’m a Root Beer or Dr Pepper guy.

I don’t drink sodas often. I drink them for a treat like you eat candy. I might have 2 a week.

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2019, 11:20:20 am »
Vanilla Dr. Pepper.  Shame they don't make it any more.

telly

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2019, 12:45:43 pm »
Vernors all the way baby!
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

ferraroso

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2019, 11:26:22 pm »
As a professional Brazilian, I have to say that the world's best soft drink is Guaraná.

If I have to choose one, Guaraná and Tubaína Vannucci would be my favorites:

However, they are not manufactured anymore, and since you could only find them in the area I was born, I'll have to stick with Guaraná Antarctica, which can be found anywhere:

Even here in Japan:

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2019, 08:54:54 am »
I was never a big soda drinker as a child. Over the last few years, I started drinking it way too much. However, since June I’ve had 2 surgeries and ended up weaned off it in the hospital. Now I’m trying to stay away from it.

I’ve always preferred Pepsi over Coke. Among my favorites:
Cherry Pepsi (or Coke)
Orange Crush
Mountain Dew

Plus a couple of more obscure ones:
Cheerwine - non-alcoholic (despite its name) cherry soda, a regional drink originating in the Carolinas. Some Cracker Barrel restaurants carry it.
Julebrus - a Christmas soda available in Norway. Drinking it is a nostalgic experience for me, since I spent many childhood Christmases in Norway.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2019, 05:50:16 pm »
I've been trying to kick Soda. If i do drink soda I try to got for sprite Zero (especially the Cherry one) otherwise it's seltzer for me