Author Topic: Search Function  (Read 6751 times)

Search Function
« on: September 09, 2019, 01:46:30 pm »
the search function is properly stuck in the 80's is there not a better way it can work? like for instance lets take call of duty , there are loads of versions , is there not a way that the search can bring back the specific 1 that is searched for eg,"ghosts" instead of bringing up all the call of duty's ever made for every platform?  also another great idea would to be able to search for system specific , eg , "call of duty ghosts xbox 360" and only have these versions show up. I dont know if im missing something here and i don't mean it to sound like a rant but sometimes it can be really hard work trawling through the pages to find 1 specific game .

sworddude

Re: Search Function
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 04:49:37 pm »
there is actually an advanced search option below the magnifying glass it's marked in red.

You can than write the name of the game your looking for and select for wich console specifically.

You could also add some extra details such as publisher genre etc but console and name should be sufficient.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 06:50:02 pm »
aaaah so i did miss something! lol

thanks for the reply

pzeke

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2020, 05:49:00 am »
the search function is properly stuck in the 80's [...]

This still rings true; the search function, and especially the search bar need a makeover and stat. Instead of the search bar "appearing" when we hover the mouse over the magnifying glass icon, it should be so that the bar is "ticked on" when we click the magnifying glass, similar to how some Wiki's do it.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 09:01:06 am »

This still rings true; the search function, and especially the search bar need a makeover and stat. Instead of the search bar "appearing" when we hover the mouse over the magnifying glass icon, it should be so that the bar is "ticked on" when we click the magnifying glass, similar to how some Wiki's do it.
Oh, man.  I second this.  Too many times do I hover over it and my mouse slides away so I'm not typing in the search bar anymore.  Mobile doesn't have this problem, but on desktops it's quite annoying.

pzeke

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2020, 09:20:49 am »
Exactly the same here. It's terribly impractical to say the least.

When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2020, 01:43:08 pm »
That drives me nuts with the mouse. I mentioned it some time back, but it seemed like I was the only one bothered by it.

dhaabi

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2020, 03:08:43 pm »

I'm here to also add my name to the list of people who are bothered by the disappearing search bar.

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2020, 03:52:47 pm »
Also me.

pzeke

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2020, 03:37:07 pm »
That drives me nuts with the mouse. I mentioned it some time back, but it seemed like I was the only one bothered by it.

The search bar was literally my first gripe when I joined; it's actually my third post on the forums, which I made in a similar topic by Warmsignal.

jason

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2020, 12:22:09 am »
I've refactored the search dropdown so it should stick until you click off. Let me now if that helps.

pzeke

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2020, 07:51:19 am »
Came to check on a title and was greeted with a better-working search bar. Such a glorious and righteous moment.

Thank you.

pzeke

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2020, 08:15:27 pm »
Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.
- William Arthur Ward

zappman

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2020, 07:33:57 am »
I've refactored the search dropdown so it should stick until you click off. Let me now if that helps.
Yes, thank you!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2020, 11:29:25 am »
Much nicer.  8)