Author Topic: Error Listings and rejected edits 2021  (Read 66103 times)

Flashback2012

Re: Error Listings and rejected edits 2021
« Reply #540 on: April 27, 2021, 10:50:30 am »
https://vgcollect.com/item/190600

Rejected edit for adding info for additional item numbers and disc item number in description field. Info was pulled from case/disc sitting in front of me. Didn't alter any of the existing text, just bumped it down.

tripredacus

« Reply #541 on: April 27, 2021, 10:52:47 am »
Nier Replicant ver.1.22474487139... - White Snow Edition
For items such as collector's editions that do not actually include the game, how should they be categorized? While both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions were sold, neither actually include a physical copy of the game and contain the same bonus items. Instead, the game comes packaged individually inside the mailing packaging and is not found inside the collector's packaging. My thought was to categorize this item in Other since it represents all PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions across every region.

Currently, Gal Gun 2 - Free Hugs Edition—which is similar in scenario to White Snow Edition—is classified as Other, although this information is original to the entry. On the other hand, Oxenfree - Collector's Edition currently is placed in Swag - Carrying Cases & Bags, which makes sense on a practical basis but maybe not quite representative of the item in relation to other collector's editions like it.

Nintendo Hachi no Su Game
Are non-video game items relating to video games companies like this allowed? To me, this seems no different than if we were to catalog Sony televisions. There have been a lot of similar entries created recently.

Stealth feat. Wipeout Pure - Stealth Edition
I don't think I've asked about this specific item, but I'm curious--should this be classified as a PSP demo? Its [NA] counterpart is currently categorized as such (from a previous edit of mine), as it includes a demo for Wipeout Pure. I'm not sure what the general guidelines for items like this are. Choose the category that most accurately describes the item based on packaging? (which is very remindful of the ongoing Xbox One / Series X conversation.) The items having CERO and ESRB ratings were big factors as to why I attempted to re-categorize to PlayStation Portable Demo.[/font]

Nier/GalGun: see Platform post of Adv Guide. Basically, this type of item can be put into an appropriate swag category or in Other. It cannot be in the game category.

Stealth: this is a movie with a game. it should be in the movie category. Would be no different than other movies with games or game demos such as Bloodrayne or a music cd with a game on it like P.O.D. - Payable on Death

Non video game items created by video game companies: no, these items are out of scope for the site. They should be reported so that they can be removed.

Also noting that you reported the Nier entry for being in the wrong category, but did not also report that the Nier entry had a watermarked image. Entries with watermarked images should be reported here as well so that those images can be removed.
EDIT: also be aware that Admins make mistakes too, so there should be no fear in reporting errors that an Admin has made.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 10:54:53 am by tripredacus »

tripredacus

« Reply #542 on: April 27, 2021, 10:55:52 am »
https://vgcollect.com/item/190600

Rejected edit for adding info for additional item numbers and disc item number in description field. Info was pulled from case/disc sitting in front of me. Didn't alter any of the existing text, just bumped it down.

I think it is because of the text that was remaining in description. The current description is invalid, so if you were to edit it to put in the additional info, the old description should be removed before submitting.

« Reply #543 on: April 27, 2021, 01:40:51 pm »
I noticed there is something fishy going on with the PS4 listing for Batman: Arkham Returns
https://vgcollect.com/item/113977 - All the details have been stripped (I know for a fact this listing has a cover image at the very least) and now there is a new listing:
https://vgcollect.com/item/197940
This listing is newer and has a PEGI Rating while the other one doesn't... but I don't recall there being a UK version with a BBFC rating - I'm from the UK and my version has the PEGI classification. There are 50+ people which have the 1st listing in their collection, so I thought it would be wiser to edit that version, yet all my edits got rejected...

« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 03:04:36 pm by tripredacus »

dhaabi

« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 03:08:59 pm by tripredacus »

pzeke

« Reply #545 on: April 28, 2021, 04:37:09 am »
Here's another one...

https://vgcollect.com/item/194795

Some would say that's an oddball, but the fact of the matter is that it's not. It may be a product by Sega, but it's literally just a star projector (which isn't worth the retail price, by the way).

« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 09:57:06 am by tripredacus »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

tripredacus

« Reply #546 on: April 28, 2021, 09:59:55 am »
They are not video game items, meaning there is no reference a video game. Even a name of a system being present would be enough, or even a picture of Sonic or something. Or for a Nintendo made item, a picture of Mario would be enough to have it get an item.

We even allow things like computer peripherals like video cards or sound cards if the box has a picture relating to a video game, even if the box or item doesn't come with a game. A slight reference like that is allowed to have an item in the db.

pzeke

« Reply #547 on: April 28, 2021, 12:44:49 pm »

Yup.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #548 on: April 28, 2021, 01:52:39 pm »
Those are .webp. We only accept .jpg for item images.

Thank you for the heads up, now that I know it's a simple enough problem to fix

leonefamily

PRO Supporter

« Reply #549 on: April 30, 2021, 11:53:41 pm »
https://vgcollect.com/item/123787

I screwed up royally. I submitted item edits meant for the PS3 version, not PS4. It's 11:52 PM and I'm feeling very sleepy, no wonder why I failed to notice it was PS4 not PS3  ;D

Please reject my edits lol
Freeze iou imperialist pig! Zat is ze propertay of ze Gouvernement Français. Hand eet over!

aliensstudios

« Reply #550 on: May 01, 2021, 10:58:58 am »

I screwed up royally. I submitted item edits meant for the PS3 version, not PS4. It's 11:52 PM and I'm feeling very sleepy, no wonder why I failed to notice it was PS4 not PS3  ;D

It looks like somebody accepted them. Which edits are wrong?
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

leonefamily

PRO Supporter

« Reply #551 on: May 01, 2021, 01:28:08 pm »

It looks like somebody accepted them. Which edits are wrong?

Item number and barcode. Fortunately the rest was rejected. Man I was completely on another planet yesterday when I made the edits, fortunately I immediately realised my mistake lmao. In 4 years that I've been contributing to VGcollect I had to have a dumb screw-up at some point lol
Freeze iou imperialist pig! Zat is ze propertay of ze Gouvernement Français. Hand eet over!

telly

« Reply #552 on: May 04, 2021, 09:59:39 am »
I just made a listing for the LRG release of Destroy all Humans but it was immediately deleted, not sure what happened?
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

tripredacus

« Reply #553 on: May 04, 2021, 10:05:52 am »
I just made a listing for the LRG release of Destroy all Humans but it was immediately deleted, not sure what happened?

Merged as dupe.

telly

« Reply #554 on: May 04, 2021, 10:12:10 am »

Merged as dupe.

Gotcha, didn't see that it already existed. Sorry  :)
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery