Author Topic: What did you think of the PS5 specs announcement?  (Read 3503 times)

Flashback2012

Re: What did you think of the PS5 specs announcement?
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2020, 09:56:13 am »
I just want to see what the thing looks like.  :P

sworddude

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2020, 09:48:20 am »

It's going to look like this.

This can't be a dev console, dev consoles usually look boring and efficient a simple block of hardware, that designs doesnt make any sense for a development console especially with that space in the middle probably what the consumer product will look like.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2020, 11:07:52 pm »
It looks to me like a mini console made to look bigger than it really is, what is an SSD drive anyway? that looks like a disc drive but it says SSD on it. I thought SSD was a hard drive or a flash drive. Not anything to do with a disc drive at all I often wounder if the center is even as wide as a soda or beer can

I think that is how it's going to look but I think it will be a small console, with easy to break components
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2020, 05:30:24 am »

It's going to look like this.

This can't be a dev console, dev consoles usually look boring and efficient a simple block of hardware, that designs doesnt make any sense for a development console especially with that space in the middle probably what the consumer product will look like.
It definitely is not going to look like this.

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2020, 05:05:18 pm »
Sony has released the design of the new controller and it's very different from the Dualshock.  Still the same layout, just a very different body than before.  I like the update.  https://www.destructoid.com/here-s-our-first-look-at-playstation-5-s-dualsense-controller-586240.phtml

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2020, 08:30:31 pm »
I hate the white color and i absolutely hate how the images make it look like the thumbsticks are the same as they are on the PS4 which to me makes me think they are going to wear out fast.

USB-C is a plus though

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2020, 09:07:46 pm »
I'm not against the white look, I've had a white PS4 controller since I got the Destiny one, but this works better combined with the black, though I've seen some matte color mockups and they make the controller look amazing, like if I can get it in a slightly dark blue or green, I'll be set.

soera

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2020, 10:59:44 pm »
Its hideous. It looks like Xbox trash. There was no reason to change the design.

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2020, 11:02:14 am »
I'm fairly 'meh' on it- at first I was concerned because the buttons looked flat, like it was a touchpad... but I finally found the not front-on photo & confirmed it is buttons.

I know a lot of people are going to want an all-black option, so I hope they offer that.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 11:23:21 am by hoshichiri »

telekill

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2020, 06:16:32 pm »
I think the controller looks pretty slick. I like it.

Now we need what games are coming at launch and a price point.

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2020, 12:53:22 pm »
Controller looks like ass and will get dirty and discolour over time too.

Disappointed.

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2020, 07:03:57 pm »
The controller shouldn't have any serious issues with dirt or discoloration, I've owned a 360 controller for years and it still looks fine, same for my white PS4 controller I've had for a couple years now and I'm not exactly routinely keeping them clean, though I should.  As long as you aren't shoving it into grime or leaving it out in the direct sun, most modern plastic doesn't go all wrong like old console stuff did.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2020, 09:38:48 pm »