Author Topic: All non-gaming talk.  (Read 9461 times)

Re: All non-gaming talk.
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2020, 12:18:42 am »
Dear Diary Entry #19:  I think night is better than than the day.   I just love night time in general and skyscrapers and bright lights.   I can only imagine being so high up with you. Feeling weightless and mystified by all the gorgeous sights 

« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2020, 06:20:07 pm »
Dear Diary Entry #20:  I have become engrossed in Mexican American culture or Mexican culture in general.  By having a spanish american girlfriend, I have learned of so many cultural staples that I was never aware of.  Mexico is a new dream vacation destination of mine.   Also having a mexican american girlfriend who is on another costal region opens up a lot of phenomenons just off being in geopgraphically different locations. I never knew of before in every day life.   Like Horchata...  Which she says is a drink made from rice, that is delicious.  One of her favorite things.  I have never heard of nor tried Horchata  :'(   But where she lives, they sell it in gallon jugs like milk.   Along with Tamales, Elotes and other deliciousness I have never known.  But outside of culinary differences, their are a lot of cultural festivities that happen in areas heavily populated with Latino people or Spanish people.   Unique shop vendors, carnivals, and of course Cinco De Mayo which passed recently.  Celebrating cinco de mayo was amazing :)   

Outside of that, I feel ok today.  Not perfect.  But ok.   And I love all of you people on here.   May you all have an amazing May and spring.  My birthday is in 2 weeks I just noticed,  I am not vibing with that at all :(

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2020, 06:06:11 pm »
Dear Diary Entry #21:  I know I reference spongebob a lot, but it really is the flawless cartoon.  It's first 3 seasons can go toe to toe with any other cartoons debut 3 seasons and stand the test of time.  No matter who you are or what walk of life you come from, spongebob squarepants has a relatable character.  It's kinda like the simpsons in the sense that you have like 30-40 solid, amazingly written characters who's plot line can stand on it's own merit and being intersting as it is.   Are you the sleep deprived, hard working, miserable, 9-5 slave to the corperate machine?  Crunching hours while teenage, dorky, incessant annoying neighbors keep you up partying?   Are you the money grubbing, greedy boss who slave drives your minimum wage workers under the table with no benefits?   The maniacle, and menacing but also unwrongly treated arch nemesis of the towns local big shot.   Trying to scrape buy and compete in an already saturated market?    Lifeguards,  even sandy the Squirrel is the stereotypical country girl in big city living, out of her element.  Trying to adapt.   Plus 9 times of out 10 she lives alone in a glass dome.   How nobody has made a move is beyond me.  Come to think of it....   almost every spongebob character is single......   ???      I feel like I can't remember many character archs that involve dating except when Spongebob was blackmailed into taking Pearl on a date.    If my childhood memory serves me correct.   But if I was a resident of bikini bottom, id at the very least hold the door open for sandy :)    Quite frankly Squidward is the most likable character to me.   We are all squidward.

But that takes away from my initial thought proccess.   I drank for the first time in 23 years yesterday defeating my cycle of being clean cut :(    For better or worst, I don't think it's a lifestyle or vice I ever want to partake in again.  My first time I decided to try 80 proof tequila.  Its odd how the alchohol work and the person I was messaging was not warning me of what would happen.  But it doesn't hit you right away.  Not for quite some time actually.   I took 4 mixed drinks I made of the tequila with pepsi.   It tasted like poison.  But I felt nothing.  Then hours later, it all hit me at once.  And I went on a 1 hour long roast of Donkey Kong.  Claiming he is a rip off of king kong and his entire franchise is extremely overrated.  How much of it I stand by sober I don't know.   But I feel he was wrongfully berated.  And I sent friends voice messages I shouldn't have, woke up 2 hours too late with a pounding headache and am still currently in my underwear.   And I gained almost nothing out of it.   I barely remember anything and I know it was not fun.  It was sadness, fear,  blurry vision,  and knocking things over.

« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2020, 06:16:44 pm »
Dear Diary Entry #22:   The other day we as a community partaked in vigilante justice  :)   And through the power of a formed crusade were able to get a sexual predator to remove himself from a video game page who was harrassing people.   It was such a rewarding feeling.   Also taking a stance against critics of the last of us game, who claim it's pandering to sjws for being inclusive and having controversial, LGBT, homosexual plot lines.   Me and about 4 homosexual boys,  and one MTF transgender girl,  argued with a meriad of christians.   Arguments went rouge, but in the end discussions were made.   Important, socio politcal discussions that I never thought games could produce.  It's kind of beautiful in a way.   That the post gave LGBT members a platform to share in the love of games.  As I feel 90 percent of the market is saturated with heterosexual idealogies, christian norms and most sadly gate keeper culture that margainlizes and alienates a lot of would be or current games who want to feel included in the industry.   Ellie is a perfectly written protagonist, and an all around badass.    Her sexuality does not take from that.

« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2020, 01:23:09 am »
Dear Diary Entry #23:    2020 has been a blessing in ways I can't ever fathom, subconiously,  mentally, physically.  I have met people who I never thought i'd ever meet before.  From all over the world.  People from Greece, Algeria, South Africa, Morocco,  And my glistening fiancee from the sunshine state of California :)    All from one game page.   Proving games can break barriers, unite people,  bring love together,  and in ways I really can't describe the emotions involved in it.   Video games in more ways than one have saved my life.   Through every break up, any hardship,  any storm.  You turn on that N64,  summer vacation,  the night time air filling the room.   That red LED glow.   It's like you turn the power on and you're free.    How something with a negative stigma such as games can bring so much pure, unfiltered happiness to millions.   It makes me feel that when gamestop tried to argue that video games are essential commerce.  I feel to some they are medicine.  A crutch to battle anxiety and demons.    And video games for me define every loving characteristic and happy part about my current life. 

I fall more than I run,  I fail more than win.  but I try to be better for all of you people :(    A better version of myself.
 The outlet this forum provides for me,  the heartwarming, wholesome community I see here around the holidays can never be understated.    How everyone was willing to pool in and buy the gifts for a participant who had no secret santa after a unexpected back out.   The community spirit of togetherness.  Being a part of it is something i'll never forget.  2 short weeks later I found my now future wife.  I feel you guys built me into the person I am.   I have never told anyone this,  it's pretty nice that nobody reads this so It will probably still remain my secret.  But at age 11 I was sexually assaulted by someone I loved, and trusted with all of my sancity and health  :'(.   For a long period of my life, I didn't know how to love again.   Love to me was humiliation, pain and fear.  The words of berating echoed in my mind.    I spent much of my teenage life, being heart shattered.   I didn't know how to feel that sense of uphoric bliss of just falling in love because I had mental barries, spiritual blockades up to prevent myself from being shredded again.   I didn't know how to love.  I was a shattered vase, living an existence of mediocrity.  I dreamt of having what everyone else around me achieved.  A wife, a kid, a life like you see in the hallmark movies and the girl I met this year acts as a glue.   Fulfills every one of those dreams I dreamt but gave me 10000 more.   I feel we are eachother's safety nets in a way.   I feel at my most happiest when i'm with her.   Whole, happy, complete.   And I would not change it for the world.   

« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2020, 11:25:41 pm »
Dear Diary Entry # It doesn't matter :    I want to die, resurrect into a bar of deoderant,  be used to mop up BO sweat and then die again.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2020, 03:43:07 pm »
Dear Diary Entry # 14 -  I have come to the rationalization. That humans are the virus, covid is the cure.

What a POS. How does everyone give Seether a hard time foe pointless posts- but this guy gets to constantly spout his crazy shit, now seemingly supporting the deaths of 1/4 million people. Did you think the Holocaust was a cure too? Maybe...the final solution?
I wouldn't agree with him but he should be able to voice this opinion, whatever it may be. Of course inciting hate, violence, etc is not allowed. Well, not where I'm from but freedom of speech goes a lot further in the USA, I think.
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]