Author Topic: May the 4th Be With You! (Random Star Wars Talk)  (Read 8532 times)

Re: May the 4th Be With You! (Random Star Wars Talk)
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2020, 12:51:15 am »
While the holiday special was not good, it still brought Chewie's family into the mix, and they got used in other, much better stories, like A.C. Crispin's Han Solo Trilogy (Oh, why couldn't Solo been an adaptation of those?), and the Chewbacca comic.

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2020, 11:46:21 am »
The classic Snowspeeder set was $22 over the holidays and I’m still kicking myself for not picking it up.

Crap, I would've bought that had I known lol

Looks like the A-Wing is $24 today

https://kinjadeals.theinventory.com/best-lego-deals-1843034525?ks=nativestream

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2020, 11:55:57 am »
The classic Snowspeeder set was $22 over the holidays and I’m still kicking myself for not picking it up.

Crap, I would've bought that had I known lol

Looks like the A-Wing is $24 today

https://kinjadeals.theinventory.com/best-lego-deals-1843034525?ks=nativestream

Was not the biggest fan of the A-Wing, I always preferred a lot of the other ships to that, but I was tempted to grab it, but it's already sold out of the cheap ones lol

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2020, 10:59:39 pm »
I re-watched the first 3 primary movie episodes yesterday in order and I found them all to be great in-spite of what people tend to think about them. Star Wars Episode II the movie is highly underrated in my opinion especially when you watch each part of the main story, right after each other.

EP II Attack Of The Clones has some great story and dialogue, but action is where it somewhat lacks. it is where Anakin Skywalker later known as Darth Vader  is in his prime, and is still Jedi Knight, many people might want to re-watch EP II Attack Of The Clones once again. If you can dig the intense story and dialogue it is really a great movie. I plan on watching EP IV V VI and all the new ones soon as I can find them. then I plan on watching the newer movies starting with Star Wars EP VII VIII IX and the rest of the story
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 11:05:47 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2020, 11:32:25 pm »
Sorry, oldgamerz, but Episode II is notorious for having the worst dialogue in the entire series.

"I don't like sand.  It's coarse and rough and it gets everywhere."  Lines so bad they've become their own memes.

That's not to say you are wrong for enjoying it - there are moments in there I like, too - notably Detective Obi-Wan and Obi vs. Jango on Kamino.

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2020, 11:53:59 pm »
Sorry, oldgamerz, but Episode II is notorious for having the worst dialogue in the entire series.

"I don't like sand.  It's coarse and rough and it gets everywhere."  Lines so bad they've become their own memes.

That's not to say you are wrong for enjoying it - there are moments in there I like, too - notably Detective Obi-Wan and Obi vs. Jango on Kamino.

yes it does have bad lines and some of the acting was not the best,  :)

A lot of the movie revolves around the Star Wars Politics, and EP2 didn't have that much action compared to the others I watched, but I liked all three.

Out of all 1st three episodes Episode III had the most action. In which in that movie Anakin Skywalker Starts to go to the dark side of the force and the movie end with him becoming Darth Vader. It's a vary great story so far. :)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 12:02:02 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2020, 12:17:48 am »
Just gotta point out that Anakin's still a Padawan in Episode II. It's during the first Clone Wars cartoon that he ascends to knighthood.

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2020, 01:07:45 am »
After re-watching the series over the past few years, I can't watch the first two anymore.  Episode 1 has nothing in it for me other than the pod racing scene and Episode 2 has a couple alright parts strewn about, but there is just not enough consistency to keep me interested watching the whole film again.  Episode 3 is actually a good film and I can see watching that one again someday whenever I get around to another series re-watch.  People can certainly enjoy the prequels, I have family that does, it's just not for me and the movies only get less watchable the more I see them lol

I've thought about doing another go through of the series again after I'm done with my Marvel MCU run.  Been such a big Marvel kick lately for me that I could use a new series to dive into, so maybe next month I'll start watching the movies again since that Star Wars: Squadrons game is coming out and also season 2 of The Mandalorian.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 01:10:07 am by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2020, 07:06:39 pm »
I re-watched the first 3 primary movie episodes yesterday in order and I found them all to be great in-spite of what people tend to think about them. Star Wars Episode II the movie is highly underrated in my opinion especially when you watch each part of the main story, right after each other.

EP II Attack Of The Clones has some great story and dialogue, but action is where it somewhat lacks. it is where Anakin Skywalker later known as Darth Vader  is in his prime, and is still Jedi Knight, many people might want to re-watch EP II Attack Of The Clones once again. If you can dig the intense story and dialogue it is really a great movie. I plan on watching EP IV V VI and all the new ones soon as I can find them. then I plan on watching the newer movies starting with Star Wars EP VII VIII IX and the rest of the story
Attack of the Clones is the worst Star Wars movie.

Also, I finished the Clone Wars TV show after only watching the first 3 seasons previously and aside from a few episodes in the final season it was really good.  I am going to watch the Rebels tv show and hope that it is decent.

ferraroso

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2020, 07:51:02 pm »
I used to hate Episodes IIIIII, but after watching what Disney gave us (with the sole exception of Rogue One) I now find the prequel trilogy to be a masterpiece.

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2020, 08:18:36 pm »
I used to hate Episodes IIIIII, but after watching what Disney gave us (with the sole exception of Rogue One) I now find the prequel trilogy to be a masterpiece.
Yeah I like Episode 1 a lot more than I used too.

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2020, 10:27:06 pm »

Attack of the Clones is the worst Star Wars movie.

Also, I finished the Clone Wars TV show after only watching the first 3 seasons previously and aside from a few episodes in the final season it was really good.  I am going to watch the Rebels tv show and hope that it is decent.

Episode II has got more talking then action, which is why I don't think many people like it.

if you listen to all the talking in Episode I, then watch and listen to episode II story (right after), it's better. But to watch lets say Episode II by itself, without remembering the talking in the 1st episode, It's not going to be enjoyable in my opinion. It's more for the hard core star wars audience to like I guess.

Also for future reference everyone should read the entry text, for every stars wars movie to get what is happening

The worst part of episode 2 I think was the love scene already mentioned above, I got vary board with that but I kept in there

(right around this part)

« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 10:47:40 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2020, 01:07:22 am »

Yep. What also got me to enjoy Episode 1 more was the Darth Plagueis novel, as it's effectively a Rashomon story for Episode 1, showing what the Sith were up to during the events of the movie and actually better explaining the political parts from the movie.

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2020, 02:28:27 am »
I just watched "Rouge One: A Star Wars Story" It was great!!  before I watched it I looked it up and to my surprise I had this movie. and didn't realize it was a Prequel to Episode IV A New Hope I am going to watch episode IV next

I need to do a series re-run and watch the prequel to Rouge One in which is called "Solo: A Star Wars Story"

Here is the movies (not series) according to the story of Star Wars is and how it progresses in movie form

1: Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
2: Star Wars Episode II: The Attack of The Clones
3: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith
4: Solo: A Star Wars Story
5: Rouge One: A Star Wars Story
6: Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
7: Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
8: Star Wars Episode VI: The Return Of The Jedi
9: Star Wars: The Force Awakens
10: Star Wars: The Last Jedi
11: Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2020, 02:31:21 am »

Yep. What also got me to enjoy Episode 1 more was the Darth Plagueis novel, as it's effectively a Rashomon story for Episode 1, showing what the Sith were up to during the events of the movie and actually better explaining the political parts from the movie.

is the Darth Plagueis novel, the prequel story before "Star Wars Episode I:The Phantom Menace?"
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 02:32:52 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED