Author Topic: Um... Tony Hawk Remaster!!???  (Read 3499 times)

Um... Tony Hawk Remaster!!???
« on: May 14, 2020, 01:38:38 pm »
So I can't believe people aren't talking about this here yet! I cannot explain how psyched I am for this! I know there are a lot of people really wanting a new Skate game... but I will always love those first 3 Tony Hawk games.

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Um... Tony Hawk Remaster!!???
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 01:58:04 pm »
I played THPS2 a minute yesterday. It’s still fun.
I’ll buy it. I’ll play it. I’ll love it.

.... as long as they don’t change it too much.

telekill

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 02:07:20 pm »
Great for fans but this was never really my thing.

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 02:14:00 pm »
.... as long as they don’t change it too much.

From what I can see in the videos it looks like they only really made good changes. Same core gameplay, upgraded graphics, new tricks, and online play added.

telly

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2020, 02:34:29 pm »
Not gonna lie I preferred the later Tony Hawk games, especially Pro Skater 4, because they did away with that 2:00 minute time limit per run. Wonder if they'll keep that in this version
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2020, 02:38:05 pm »
I saw the trailer and initially I liked what I saw but given what they did with 5 and to a lesser extend HD, I was a bit skeptical until I saw that Vicarious Visions is working on this one. Now I am on board.

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2020, 02:51:10 pm »
As long as they get the physics right, I'm all over this.  The dev is a good choice (They did well with Crash Bandicoot recently and they have a long history with Tony Hawk with the portable versions of the games) and that it's both of the first games, complete with soundtrack is awesome, I'm really excited for this and if they do it right and people like it, they could do other games too.  Probably not all of them, but at least 3 and 4.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 03:54:28 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2020, 05:05:57 pm »
It's probably my favorite series and now my most anticipated game. I'm really wanting a modern AAA original game like an Underground 3. Hopefully with the success of this we will get to that point eventually.

jipsy

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2020, 07:35:14 pm »
Luckily they got rid of RoboMoto and are letting Vicarious Visions work on the remasters.  I have faith in them because they are the devs that originally ported the games to GBA.
Jipsy

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2020, 08:33:33 pm »
I’m cautiously optimistic this will be good. I mean I’m glad Robomoto is dead now and Vicarious Visions is the one working on it. But this is still Activison we’re talking about here.

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2020, 08:58:15 pm »
I’m cautiously optimistic this will be good. I mean I’m glad Robomoto is dead now and Vicarious Visions is the one working on it. But this is still Activison we’re talking about here.
What does that mean? Activision has been killing it lately.

Crash trilogy, Spyro trilogy, Modern Warfare/Warzone, Crash Team Racing, Sekiro. All great games.

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2020, 10:31:39 pm »
I am legitimately excited about it and it's likely a day 1 purchase for me. I played the hell out of the first three games back in the day and will likely do the same with this one :)

ferraroso

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2020, 03:04:09 am »
I just have one question:
Will Spider-Man be in it?

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2020, 05:18:16 am »
I just have one question:
Will Spider-Man be in it?
I’m too sure. Hopefully yes, but likely no.

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2020, 05:19:04 am »
What does that mean? Activision has been killing it lately.

Crash trilogy, Spyro trilogy, Modern Warfare/Warzone, Crash Team Racing, Sekiro. All great games.
Remember the CTR microtransactions?