Author Topic: Are you hype?  (Read 4429 times)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: Are you hype?
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2020, 06:26:42 pm »
Eh honestly only 3 games really grabbed me. Ghostwire: Tokyo, Resident Evil 8 Village, and Horizon 2. I'm not a big Miles Morales fan so I'm not stoked about a Spider-man sequel/Spinoff starring him. The system itself... looks like a damn Router to me. Right now I'm in the wait for more games i want before i get either system... hell I might just wait fo a all black unit.

ferraroso

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2020, 06:41:39 pm »
Well...
I consider myself to be a fan of the PlayStation brand as a whole...
Having said that, I think this must be the ugliest videogame console I've ever seen...

Concerning games, I think the only ones I'm interested in purchasing for now will be Spider-Man: Miles Morales and Horizon: Forbidden West.

Now, any news on backwards compatibility?

Edit
This:
The system itself... looks like a damn Router to me. [...] hell I might just wait for an all black unit.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 06:43:19 pm by ferraroso »

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2020, 06:46:37 pm »
Looking back, these were the standout games for me...

- Spider-Man: Miles Morales - This is one heck of a launch game.  Sure it's probably gonna be more of a "Spider-Man 1.5" than full blown sequel, but that's totally fine.  Don't need to fix what isn't broken and also not taking 5 years to make an all new game.

- Ghostwire: Tokyo - With this being a first person game, it's going to be a PC game for me, I don't do FPS on console anymore unless I'm forced to, but I love the horror/tech vibe it has and makes me feel like Evil Within, which is obvious from the developer, but that's the type of horror game I love.

- Demon Souls Remake - I thought the original game kinda sucked, it was horribly janky, the Souls series was always janky to some degree up till around Dark Souls 3, but if we get what is basically high quality Dark Souls 3 gameplay in that world, I'm all for it.

- Resident Evil 8 - This is also not a PS5 game for me, it's PC, but I'm super excited for this.  Resident Evil 7 is one of my favorite RE games alongside 4 and 2 Remake, so getting a setting reminiscent of Resident Evil 4, injecting some weird almost supernatural elements with werewolves (Odd choice, but better than the mold people from RE7), and Chris is pulling a Jill here and going bad, so we'll see how that goes.

Horizon 2: Forbidden West - The first game wasn't a favorite of mine, like it's a good open world game, but Breath of the Wild took over that year for me, and the first game had a few things that sorta annoyed me, but I liked it.  I'm planning to grab the PC release of it to play through it again and play the DLC I never touched.

These are the games I'm interested in, but need more to say for sure if I'll like them...

- Returnal - The "Live. Die. Repeat" setup is cool, alien world is neat, the third person bullet hell shooter gameplay was surprising, but I'm into whatever this may be.

- Godfall - With this, I sorta need to see more what the overall game will be, if it's more Diablo or more Destiny, but it looks good, the art style is cool.

- Destruction Allstars - I went from not really caring about the game, to absolutely caring about the game when it turned out to be crazy E-Sports level Destruction Derby game with hero characters, I'm very interest to see what it turns out to be, it reminds me of like Rocket League, but you just run around blowing up the other players lol

- Little Devil Inside - I'm mostly interested in this for what I THINK the gameplay will be, in that it's an action game you go hunt all these wild monsters as a hired mercenary, like Witcher meets Monster Hunter with a cutesie polygonal art style, but this game could end up being something completely different than that and be something I have no interest in, like it's just some basic top down hack and slash lol

- Pragmata - This is another I have no idea what is going on, it's Death Stranding levels of weird scifi, to the point I thought it was a Kojima game with the main character looking like Ludens, but instead it's some weird new Capcom IP.  I'm curious to know if it's a more action heavy game or if they are just gonna try something more on that Death Stranding level of it having unique gameplay and ideas that isn't just running around and shooting with guns.

I'm definitely on board for PS5 after this and there's still stuff I have to play on PS4 this year with Last of Us 2 and Ghosts of Tsushima.

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2020, 08:28:10 pm »
The console design looks absolutely amazing.

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart was my favorite game shown and I also really like the FREE pre-installed 3D platfomer Astro's Playroom.

Stray I definitely have on my radar. Miles Morales game too but I haven't really got into the first game yet.

Sackboy game has quite a similar gameplay style to Super Mario 3D World and Knack II, not the most exciting but something I'd still pick up.

Bugsnax from the Octodad devs is one I'll have to see more of first.

I was excited for GhostWire but it lost my interest. I thought it would be more of an action adventure game in the vein of GTA.

Speaking of which the free million dollars every month until GTA launches on PS5 is a nice treat. Free GTA Online for PS5 is nice too.

Overall though I'd give the show a 10/10. They worked hard to show something for everyone and get lots of people on board early. Great presentation.

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2020, 12:43:11 am »
That is not a good looking console. It looks like a Wii designed by Alienware.

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2020, 02:31:04 am »
I can already see SO many Pre-owned PS5's having the white portion chipped and broken. It doesn't look particularly durable, not overly keen to be honest...

But what is more annoying is that we still haven't seen much regarding the console in-action. Kind of want to see the interface and of course know how they're handling backwards compatibility.

As for the games... the only one that I thought was interesting was Resident Evil 8...

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2020, 10:43:57 am »

Count me as another downvote on the design.  Looks super over-engineered.  The disc-less version is better, but the other one?  Woof.

As for the games:

They've already confirmed that Mile Morales is an expansion for Spider-Man and will be available on the PS4 as well.  Still wanna play it.

Resident Evil VIII.  That trailer turned me off in the first 30 seconds or so, because it was so just "generic horror" game.  My interest peaked when it started moving again at least.

Demon's Souls Remake.  I have the PS3 version and never played it, so maybe I should wait?

Horizon: Forbidden West.  Loved the first game, excited about this one.  Looks incredible.

New IPs

Returnal sounds interesting.  Maybe should have workshopped the name some more.

Stray looks fun, but is already listed for PC elsewhere.

Ghostwire: Tokyo, continue to color me intrigued.

Pragmata I thought was a Kojima game at first.  Which is not a good thing coming from me.

Deathloop still not doing it for me for some reason, and I loved Prey.

Project Athia has my interest, too.

All that said, nothing about this made me feel like the PS5 is all that significant of a leap forward.  Tentatively interested would be my level.

telekill

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2020, 11:34:27 am »
I'm pretty excited. I'll be preordering (if I can) the normal version with a disc drive. I think that the design is pretty interesting. Looks like an unbuttoned tuxedo when vertical.

Games I'm looking forward too are Horizon, Oddworld, Athia, Kena and a handful of others. Lots of great games shown.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2020, 12:06:44 pm »
Where was the price reveal :(
Who cares?

Probably $400.00-499.99
I care, hence I was waiting for it.
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2020, 12:16:02 pm »
Who cares?

Probably $400.00-499.99

Says the guy obsessed with the monetary value of things. ::)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2020, 12:51:29 pm »

Right now Sony is in a game of Chicken with Microsoft for who reveals the price first

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2020, 03:30:55 pm »

Right now Sony is in a game of Chicken with Microsoft for who reveals the price first
Let's hope the PS5 with a disc drive won't include all the things we've seen in the video. The price would be through the roof!
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

dreama1

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2020, 07:14:26 am »
Who cares?

Probably $400.00-499.99

Says the guy obsessed with the monetary value of things. ::)
It's a bad sign that they didn't reveal it.  I suppose they didn't want to cause any strokes when they reveal it. But it's a bad foreshadowing.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 07:21:17 am by dreama1 »

pzeke

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2020, 09:55:10 pm »
I'm not feeling the design of the console, if I'm being honest, but the game lineup seemed good; there were some definite highlights for sure. Not going to speak individually of each, but I will definitely say Resident Evil lost me again, as I'm not really a fan of the first-person dynamic the series has adopted; it's just not my cup of tea.

Anyway, it'll be 5-6 years until I get it, so to the early adopters, enjoy the console.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!