Author Topic: Are you hype?  (Read 4377 times)

Are you hype?
« on: May 30, 2020, 03:59:07 am »

Re: Are you hype?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 04:10:46 am »
More than I was for anything with Xbox, but I'd be a little more interested if we were also getting a system reveal.  At this point, I'm just hoping they announce a good launch game that will get me to jump in right away as the only other thing I'm looking for is if I can transfer my PS4 saves over as at that point, I'd just treat the system as just an upgrade from PS4.  I ain't switching over and losing my 400 hours in Monster Hunter World lol

mrkonasoni

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 06:51:20 am »
So so, I am not excited about buying the console launch day because I am aware there is a high risk the console will have some serious factory flaws that could ended with a defective console that won't last many years just like a lot of the first units for the last generations of consoles.

I am not afraid of the console not having support from third parties, all Sony home consoles had a good support and the expectation for PS5 is high, hence I am sure I can expect a few years with a decent support.

I won't buy the console launch day, I think, and I think I have fewer options since the rumors are that the console most cheap model will be like 600$.

Some things never changes, Sony.
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2020, 01:31:08 am »
I would have been more hyped had Sony done a better job at rolling out info and teasers for this thing rather than toying with its fans. I was hyped several months ago, now I'm just mostly interested. That very well could change if they really hit it out of the park with the PS5, but at the moment I haven't heard or seen anything that I'm very excited about.

dhaabi

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 01:32:22 pm »
No, I'm not. I'm quite content with the PS4 still.

Were it just me, I probably would pass on the PS5 for its first two years or so, but, knowing my partner, we'll probably own one on launch day.

telekill

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2020, 09:24:15 am »
As the years have passed, I've found that my hype levels for anything don't really register as hype anymore. An eyebrow raising bit of excitement? Sure.... but not hype.

That said, with the June 4th PS5 event cancelled/delayed, it's good that I'm not hyped.

When they eventually start to show more, I'll become more interested. I'll probably end up with one at launch as I skipped the Pro. I expect the PS5 to be $500 as it would be suicide for them to launch higher than that. Same for Microsoft with the new Xbox. Anything above $500 is suicide with PS3 being the most recent example when they lost a massive chunk of market share.

We'll see what happens. Me buying at launch is dependent on what games will be available and what the end price will be.

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2020, 10:59:44 am »
As the years have passed, I've found that my hype levels for anything don't really register as hype anymore. An eyebrow raising bit of excitement? Sure.... but not hype.

That said, with the June 4th PS5 event cancelled/delayed, it's good that I'm not hyped.

When they eventually start to show more, I'll become more interested. I'll probably end up with one at launch as I skipped the Pro. I expect the PS5 to be $500 as it would be suicide for them to launch higher than that. Same for Microsoft with the new Xbox. Anything above $500 is suicide with PS3 being the most recent example when they lost a massive chunk of market share.

We'll see what happens. Me buying at launch is dependent on what games will be available and what the end price will be.

I'm probably going to buy one at launch, but I wouldn't put too much stock into the launch titles. I feel like Sony has never had the greatest lineup of launch software, and it's a big reason why I held off on getting a PS4 until nearly 2-years after it was released. I bought a PS3 at launch ans sadly remember the best game being Motorstorm, which is excellent, but still it's not a system seller. I don't think the Model X will fair much better although they'll probably have a new Forza game or something to try and draw people in, and I know a new Halo is on the horizon too.

telekill

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2020, 11:05:02 am »
I'm probably going to buy one at launch, but I wouldn't put too much stock into the launch titles. I feel like Sony has never had the greatest lineup of launch software, and it's a big reason why I held off on getting a PS4 until nearly 2-years after it was released. I bought a PS3 at launch ans sadly remember the best game being Motorstorm, which is excellent, but still it's not a system seller. I don't think the Model X will fair much better although they'll probably have a new Forza game or something to try and draw people in, and I know a new Halo is on the horizon too.

Yeah, launch titles can often be hit or miss. PS1 and PS4 both did ok on launch titles for me. PS2 and PS3 not so much. I loved Motorstorm but it wasn't until about a year after launch that both Uncharted and Assassin's Creed came out and the PS3's library really started to shine. PS2 didn't really grab my attention until Onimusha. PSP had a great launch lineup. PSV had Uncharted which was phenomenal and ironically my only really enjoyed game on the system. What a shame that handheld was.

telly

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2020, 11:09:12 am »
I'll probably hold off on buying it for a while. Primarily because I only got my PS4 a couple years ago and I have a lot mileage left on that system
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2020, 05:12:22 pm »
I'm just as hyped for stuff as I use to be, though I know to keep my hype more in check these days based on experience.  I'm very likely to buy a PS5 at launch just because it'll be an upgrade from the PS4, playing PS4 games better and I'll certainly take backwards compatibility that goes back to PS2 and PS3. 

I just want like one notable game at launch as their PS4 launch wasn't good at all and I also didn't pick up a PS4 till like 2 years later when I saw more games I was gonna like were releasing.  I had Bloodborne out, which was the biggest draw and stuff like Uncharted 4 were coming up in a few months, so it seemed like the perfect time for it.  I feel like the only notable launch lineups for me have been Nintendo systems as the Switch had that fantastic window of games with Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2.  The other was the Wii, which had Twilight Princess, a game I really liked despite hating the controls.

pzeke

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2020, 12:53:03 pm »
Nope. Not at all to be honest.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2020, 04:09:30 pm »
While GTA5 was a lame start to the stream, going into a new Spider-Man with Miles Morales and have it be out this year...I'm pretty stoked, I'm up for more Spider-Man.  Spider-Man: Miles Morales.  That's a damn good launch game too lol. 

I'll keep updating this as it goes for folks not watching.

Grant Turismo 7.  Yup, it's a racing game.

New Ratchet and Clank game.  I never really got into this series and didn't play a lot of of that remake they did, but it looks cool.  Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart.

Project Athia...Some crazy fantasy/super-hero-like game from Square-Enix.  Square has done this kind of crazy tech demo looking things before, so no clue if it becomes anything, but it would be cool if it pans out.

Stray.  No clue what this is.  Dystopian scifi world with robots and a real cat and I think you play as the cat with a cute little backpack lol.  2021.

Crazy looking scifi game, third person action shooter, with feeling of Edge of Tomorrow/Live. Die. Repeat with crazy alien creatures.  Returnal.

Sackboy: A Big Adventure.  Just seems to be a straight Sackboy platformer by Sumo Digital.  Seems fun.  4 Player co-op.

Destruction Derby by way of Rocket League.  This looks like it could be a fun game.  Destruction Allstars.

3rd person action-adventure with Pikmin elements called Kena: Bridge of Spirits.

Goodbye Volcano High...No clue what this, no gameplay, just some nice animation.  Cartoon dinosaur people.  Feels kinda like Night in the Woods to me with the tone of animal people going through real world stuff.

Oddworld Soulstorm.  Real good visuals, 2.5D setup similar to the original.

Finally getting something on Ghostwire: Tokyo.  Reminds me of like Evil Within, but more techy and first person, bordering horror and action.

Godfall gameplay.  Looks pretty cool I think.  The art style is pretty awesome.  Hopefully it pans out.  Out this year which is another great launch game.

From the creators of Hyper Light Drifter which is a good top down pixel art game.  This one is full 3D, Solar Ash, looks pretty cool.  2021.

Hitman 3.  January 2021.  Not much real details.

That little robot from the VR game is back.  Astro's Playroom.  Doesn't seem to be VR like the last one.

Little Devil Inside.  The feeling I got was like a monster hunter game with a crazy polygonal and kinda cute art style.  Like you took The Witcher/Monster Hunter and crossed it with an indie art style.  This could be cool if it turns out to play well as I don't think there was any gameplay.

Bugsnax...I don't know lol From the guys who did Octodad.

Thunder knocked out my power literally as the Demon Souls remake was being announced lol

Something about Deathloop from Arcane Lyon.

Holy shit, Resident Evil 8, gives Resident Evil 4 vibes with the settings, man it looks so good.  2021.  LETS GO.

Pragmata.  I have no idea what this is, crazy scifi game, gave off Death Stranding vibes...Capcom 2022.  I'm into it.

Just want to say, this showing is wild, it's fantastic.

New Horizon game!  Wild new setting, this is gonna be awesome.  Horizon 2: Forbidden West.

Damn, they went artistic with the PS5 console design.  It's slick, I'm okay with it.  Better than just a standard box design to me.  There's a disc-less digital version of the console also.  No price or release date on it other than this year.  I'm not against the white, I've had a white PS4 Pro for abit now, though I wouldn't mind other color options at launch.

Killer showing from Sony, they definitely nailed it way more than anything Xbox has done.  The only thing they didn't talk about was anything related to backwards compatibility.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 05:14:35 pm by kamikazekeeg »

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2020, 05:46:57 pm »
Where was the price reveal :(
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2020, 06:01:25 pm »
Who cares?

Probably $400.00-499.99

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2020, 06:08:45 pm »

Yeah was hoping for a price, but I'm gonna say that if they are offering a digital only version, that the main console will be 600 to 650, and the digital version will be 500 to 550.  That way the higher price tag doesn't seem as bad if people have the option to just go digital only and save some money.  Maybe more 600 for the full and 550 for the digital, but generally in that realm, though I think they are waiting for Xbox to announce their price first and perhaps have some wiggle room based on what they have.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 06:13:02 pm by kamikazekeeg »