Author Topic: Xbox Series S or PS5? Which one is best? :O  (Read 6623 times)

Re: Xbox Series S or PS5? Which one is best? :O
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2020, 06:38:37 pm »
As much as I'd like a Switch Pro to play certain games better, the Switch has been kind of a dud for me the past couple years so I'm not really that big on it anymore.
If I was a Wii U owner I'd feel the same way.

Yeah for sure, I played most all the good stuff on Wii U already, so getting ports wasn't a big deal at all and just comes across as a significant amount of filler.  That first year was amazing with Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, and Xenoblade, but after that, there just hasn't been a ton for me.  I like Smash Bros in general, but I don't play it much, it's a party game and Pokemon Sword was a pretty notable disappointment for being so half-assed.

That being said, the new Hyrule Warriors has me excited for the first time in abit, even if I know exactly what I'm getting out of it, and Monster Hunter Rise could be super awesome and of course Breath of the Wild 2 is on the horizon, so maybe these games will push me to want to have better performance with a Switch Pro upgrade.  Who knows! Maybe the second half of the Switch's lifespan will perk things up for me since they've pretty much run out of Wii U games to use as filler lol

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2020, 09:17:56 pm »
I was leaning towards PS5...but that Bethesda deal has me firmly on the Xbox side, now.

telly

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2020, 10:13:34 pm »
As much as I'd like a Switch Pro to play certain games better, the Switch has been kind of a dud for me the past couple years so I'm not really that big on it anymore.

That's a good point actually, I have a lot of Wii U games that came out on the Switch, so that portion of the Switch's library isn't that exciting for me. The only one that I don't have that I want is MK8.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2020, 11:23:59 pm »

That's a good point actually, I have a lot of Wii U games that came out on the Switch, so that portion of the Switch's library isn't that exciting for me. The only one that I don't have that I want is MK8.

I'm in the same boat, as a Wii U owner. I've been eyeing LoZ: Link to the Past, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, and Super Mario Odyssey; myself. But i keep coming back to, "Is it really worth it for just 3 games?"

When Breath of the Wild 2 hits, I'll definitely cave and get one, though.

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2020, 02:45:56 am »
Honestly, I feel the Xbox Serioux is the better console, GamePass & their dedication to backwards compatibility are their leading features.

The biggest issue I have with the PS5 is their lack of focus on backwards compatibility, it sucks to have so many PS2 & PS3 games that are going to be left behind - I still don't have a good way to play PS2 games, so they're stuffed in storage. I'm just so hoping that their claim of 99% of PS4 games running on PS5 is true and that they run on par with the PS4 Pro experience - Hoping that a lot of tests wil be run by companies like digital foundry at launch to demonstrate this. A big part of my upgrading to PS5 is how redundant my PS4 Pro will be if this is true and to be honest, i can't justify buying a PS5 out right, so before trading in my PS4 Pro I have to know the experience that console offers is handled sufficiently on PS5.

mrkonasoni

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2020, 02:10:58 pm »
The one with games.
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

kypherion

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2020, 06:38:51 pm »
Halo is on PC so what's the point of buying an Xbox?
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2020, 07:36:29 pm »

I'm not a PC gamer. And Bethesda.

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2020, 08:54:15 pm »

If you have a good PC, there's definitely no reason to buy an Xbox, but not everyone wants to buy a nice PC.

sworddude

« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2020, 06:31:23 am »

less and less people have a dedicated pc with each year. allot of people ditched pc's by going tablets and smart phones only to check their messages read the news and such. Househols having no pc ain't a rarity these days.

so consoles are getting pretty viable all things considered. if smart phones didn't exist I'd absolutely agree with you but that ain't the case here.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

telekill

« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2020, 05:05:09 pm »
I'm not going to lie.... the Bethesda acquisition by MS was a really big move. It's going to sway many over to the Xbox brand, but it also solidifies that Microsoft doesn't develop their own games.... they simply buy out studios that make games. They've been doing this since before the first Xbox launched when they bought Bungie.

I'll be sticking with Playstation again. I've already got mine preordered. I still consider it the best platform for the type of games I enjoy.... Action/Adventure narrative driven single player games.

Luckily for me, I was never a huge fan of any of the games that MS's acquisition moved over exclusively to their camp. I feel bad for the Playstation and Nintendo gamers that won't see those games on their platform of choice, but that's the harsh reality of gaming these days. It truly seems that the industry is moving into massive competing conglomerates with all the smaller studios getting bought up.

« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2020, 05:47:40 pm »
How I see it now, the main reason to get an Xbox is for pure game value.  Getting an Xbox with Game Pass is an obscenely good deal, especially if you just want a large amount of games to play.  The Zenimax deal is great and impressive, but it also isn't something that'll matter for awhile.  The big Bethesda games are still probably a year or two out at the earliest, Starfield first and then Elder Scrolls way later, followed by a new Fallout eventually.  It's a long game play that'll benefit them more later on for sure, but right now, Xbox still just doesn't have the big draw games I feel like Sony does.  That and just keeping within the PS gaming ecosystem is what got me to pre-order a PS5.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 05:50:28 pm by kamikazekeeg »

azure

« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2020, 09:26:40 pm »
This gen is really a shake up for me. I did not even get an Xbone last gen. I kept putting if off until it got to the point where waiting for the Series X/S was the best option. It's going to be BC with the Xbone titles so why get one now is what always ran across my mind? I plan to get both the PS4/Series X, but I'm going with the series x first. Gamepass and the backlog of 360/Xbone games are good enough for me. Not to mention the ecosystem Xbox has going with PC is really nice and appreciated. Heck I'd get alone for the fact I can play Panzer Dragoon Orta in such high fidelity.

Playstation used to be the go to platform for a lot of the more niche Japanese titles for me and many others as well. Now that seems to be changing with Sony's new policies. A lot of those devs are pushing to PC/Switch. Was reading an article earlier on how Uppers' localization was canceled for the PS4 and was going to be exclusive to Steam for NA/EU territories. A lot of the buzz is tied to Sony's new policies, but the devs never out right said anything in regards to it. SEGA is giving Xbox a lot support as well so we may even see other Japanese devs give it more of a chance this gen. On top of that MS has acquired some great studios to look forward to as well, assuming they do end up utilizing them.

Ultimately as a gamer I like having options so I will be getting both consoles at some point. Just a stark contrast from last gen for my opinions to say the least.

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2020, 12:14:40 am »
Getting PS5 on release date.  Xbox shady bussiness makes me not trust them.  Also just look at top games on xbox its just gears, halo, forza...  call of duty.... come on its mostly just 1 genra of games. Which you could play almosy everwere else.  The bethesda move got my worried cause i feel like they going to go exclusives with games that used to be released on all consoles. But we shall see. They too focused on gamer pass.  Like honestly if you got PC no need for xbox. I got PC and Sony.  Gaming covered.
The Mind is The Slayer of Reality. --- LoS

mrkonasoni

« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2020, 03:07:42 am »
Xbox Series S + Gamepass sounds like the greatest idea ever.
So I am open to buy that, the only bad could be that the console won't have some japanese games.

Sony modem can wait a few years until Sony make it a better console.
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.