Author Topic: First Next-Gen Nintendo Switch Game Seemingly Announced  (Read 1225 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

First Next-Gen Nintendo Switch Game Seemingly Announced
« on: July 28, 2020, 12:22:08 pm »
It begins, the hype for new hardware...

First Next-Gen Nintendo Switch Game Seemingly Announced

I didn't even realize Nintendo was already working on new hardware. I thought they were at a place where they were comfortable with Nintendo Switch. I mean they seem to be selling like chocolate cake at fat camp. Hell, I still don't own a Switch, myself (but that has a lot to do with already being a Wii U owner).

What does this mean for Metroid Prime 4 and Breath of the Wild 2? Are they not going to be Switch games, as originally promised? Maybe cross-platform releases like Twilight Princess and Breath of the Wild was?

What do you think? Are you ready for new Nintendo hardware?

Re: First Next-Gen Nintendo Switch Game Seemingly Announced
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 12:50:15 pm »
I think the honest reference there is, this game is going to take so long that it's entirely likely that the Switch will have had a successor.

sworddude

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 12:58:06 pm »
isn't this just people misunderstanding the Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes kickstarter for mentioning a potential switch 2 console

As in the game probably is going to take 2 to maybe 5 years to develop in wich a new switch console could be on the market by than

That game is probably not going to come out within a year and considering both xbox and sony already have new consoles coming soon there is a possibility that the switch 2 will arrive when the game is finished since it won't arrive anytime soon.

It would potentially save them some work of otherwise optimising the game for switch, but nothing is certain as for now it's just them covering their asses because this isn't going to be a next years release short project.

Still considering that the switch sells so well it would be a death sentence to make a new console. A Switch pro like with the new 3ds yes, entirely new generation of consoles withouth backwards compatibility and games being exclusive for the new console would be pretty dumb. Aside from maybe a switch pro it's not going to happen anytime soon, people just drawing conclusions way to quickly.

Kinda a game for handheld mode users aswell and allot of them with this genre, so not including the base switch could hurt them sales with refunds. I find it hard to imagine how a pixel game, even with tons of details with modern tech is hard to get to run on switch, is it really going to be as demanding on the hardware as say red dead redemption 2? Interesting I'd say
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 04:14:12 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

dhaabi

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 01:09:59 pm »
I appreciate the realistic honesty from the team regarding the game's development. With that said, perhaps assuming a successor to the Switch will be made by the end of development despite there being no concrete evidence at present time for one wasn't the best wording.

pzeke

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2020, 06:09:51 pm »
I think the honest reference there is, this game is going to take so long that it's entirely likely that the Switch will have had a successor.

I feel that's exactly what they meant with what they said, especially how it was worded.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 05:50:12 am by pzeke »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2020, 10:26:48 pm »
Yeah, I don’t read this as confirmation of a Switch successor, either. It’s that they don’t think they can get it to run very well on Nintendo’s existing platform.
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2020, 12:46:15 am »
I think Nintendo needs to focus on actually releasing games again rather than looking forward at a Switch upgrade or successor. There hasn't been a major first party title in months, and no Paper Mario and Xenoblade being re-released doesn't count. I get that COVID screwed with Nintendo's process, but they need to figure something out.

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2020, 08:19:24 am »
I think Nintendo needs to focus on actually releasing games again rather than looking forward at a Switch upgrade or successor. There hasn't been a major first party title in months, and no Paper Mario and Xenoblade being re-released doesn't count. I get that COVID screwed with Nintendo's process, but they need to figure something out.
Hi bud, sorry to break it to you, Paper Mario was a new game, not a re-release.

sworddude

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2020, 11:41:16 am »

do we really want to many games during a pandemic? yea sure as a consumer you definitely want it now, but than again quality might be less during these times since working conditions aren't optimal like normal.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2020, 02:23:11 pm »

Is it too much to ask for Nintendo to just make a proper, modern, HD console?

I know, I know. Nintendo is unique. Nintendo doesn't care about power. Nintendo wants to pursue innovation...blah, blah, blah. We all know the way they spin it.

But as a Nintendo fan, I just really want to see big, impressive first-party titles; AND I want to see third-party developers really want to return to Nintendo without having to sacrifice power and performance on their games when they choose to throw Nintendo a bone.

I mean imagine an brand-new, 4K, 60 FPS modern Metroid masterpiece. Or a photo-realistic, big, open Hyrule to explore. Imagine the thrill of racing at hyper-velocities in a new F-Zero game but it looks as good as Forza Motorsport.

Not to mention that if they had that power, then many third-party companies wouldn't hesitate to release their games on a Nintendo console. You wouldn't necessarily need to have an XBox or PlayStation along with your Nintendo console, if you didn't want to.

Don't get me wrong, here. Graphics ARE NOT everything in gaming. Gameplay is king. But Nintendo has the gameplay down to a pat. Coupling that engaging Nintendo gameplay with modern graphics and framerates would be an amazing experience.

sworddude

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2020, 02:33:56 pm »

I know, I know. Nintendo is unique. Nintendo doesn't care about power. Nintendo wants to pursue innovation...blah, blah, blah. We all know the way they spin it.

But as a Nintendo fan, I just really want to see big, impressive first-party titles; AND I want to see third-party developers really want to return to Nintendo without having to sacrifice power and performance on their games when they choose to throw Nintendo a bone.

I mean imagine an brand-new, 4K, 60 FPS modern Metroid masterpiece. Or a photo-realistic, big, open Hyrule to explore. Imagine the thrill of racing at hyper-velocities in a new F-Zero game but it looks as good as Forza Motorsport.

Not to mention that if they had that power, then many third-party companies wouldn't hesitate to release their games on a Nintendo console. You wouldn't necessarily need to have an XBox or PlayStation along with your Nintendo console, if you didn't want to.

Don't get me wrong, here. Graphics ARE NOT everything in gaming. Gameplay is king. But Nintendo has the gameplay down to a pat. Coupling that engaging Nintendo gameplay with modern graphics and framerates would be an amazing experience.

I'm pretty sure that's because of the fear of a to high retail console price.

It would be far to expensive to compete with both sony and microsoft

Nintendo is the only 1 who makes a profit while selling consoles, both microsft and sony always suffer some losses with each console sale, hoping the game sales will be enough to get them in the profit that's their strategy.

We've seen what happened with sega,

Sony had the budget to get a console out for almost half the price of the dreamcast while having 2x the power plus a dvd player in just 1 extra year. Both sony and microsoft can give good value for specs, that could be the issue  why nintendo tries to be it's own thing. Because both sony and microsft are willing to give the best specs on a console with a loss on each console sale.

While sony and microsoft where newer than nintendo or sega, their origins are from other sources in wich the amount of money made is far greater than even the golden era for sega and Nintendo. It might be a death sentence to enter that war for nintendo, making them same mistakes as sega did with being to ambitious in terms of console specs. Sony and microsft have far more money than sega or nintendo ever had. it's a different kind of animal.

Big nintendo titles are made by a couple hundred people. Big microsft or sony titles are made by 500 or 1000+ people, they have more employees compared to nintendo aswell. Nintendo can't compete with specs they don't have the funds to make it profitable.

Still microsft always has to kiss sony's feet in the process, always having to pay those royalties for blue ray discs for every game made, aka the reason why the wii u could not play blue ray discs because they used a different kind of disc simular to blue ray to avoid those royalties. Maybe the reason why they moved on to a cardridge instead of disc based like wii u.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 03:18:47 pm by sworddude »

pzeke

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2020, 04:55:13 pm »

Keep dreamin', ke-mo sah-bee.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2020, 01:17:59 pm »
it's probally not going to be good for Nintendo to release a Switch 2 vary soon, like some had already mentioned

The last Nintendo console I liked and still want to play today. Was Nintendo GameCube. Metroid Prime 1 was a great game even though I never finished it. Now the looking back I think that the Nintendo GameCube was probably Nintendo's last normal television console.
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"